Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 384 of 455 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 6814
    I kinda want to see the bears sign another vet- for pennies. Cut/trade mitch. Draft a qb next year, unless eason is there at the second 2nd rounder maybe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I kinda want to see the bears sign another vet- for pennies. Cut/trade mitch. Draft a qb next year, unless eason is there at the second 2nd rounder maybe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    They can't afford to outright cut Mitch. They'd be taking on $9M in dead cap. They can save about half of that by trading him. I'd be fine with a 7th, or like Bibs mentioned, a conditional 7th. It's past time to cut bait and move on.

I've read some "rumors" about him (#10) being available. I wouldn't expect him to be moved any time soon, but someone - Belichick comes to mind might give a 6 or 7 for him - just to see if he can make something out of him.

Said it before, I still expect Mitch to have a decent career in the NFL, just not in Chicago. To me he is a lesser Jim Harbaugh who did alright once he got away from Ditka/Chicago.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They can't afford to outright cut Mitch. They'd be taking on $9M in dead cap. They can save about half of that by trading him. I'd be fine with a 7th, or like Bibs mentioned, a conditional 7th. It's past time to cut bait and move on.
    conditional 7th would be nice.

9 mil is definitely too much dead cap, especially when he can be the backup.

If they keep him, can they use him like Tennessee sparingly used Mariota last season?

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Why trade Mitch when he would be very valuable as a backup?

I like Foles but he does have a history of getting injured so wouldn't it be better to keep Mitch? You're not going to find a better backup than Mitch that is available.

Also again Mitch is no where near as bad as people on this forum make him out to be. He's only played 2 NFL seasons with Nagy. Only 13 games in College. Some QB's take longer to develop. It would be best to keep Mitch and have him compete with Foles so we don't ship him for a 7th only for him to become very good. Will he become very good? Maybe he will maybe he won't. But there is still a chance and Pace would be an idiot to not see if Mitch can beat Foles in a QB competition and turn the ship around.

If the Patriots got Mitch I bet he would be at least be a top 15 QB. I swear I think if we drafted Peyton Manning the Bears fans would have been calling for his head the 1st year where he threw 28 int.

Do I think Mitch is the answer? Possibly not. But I think he should get 1 last shot to see if he can beat out Foles in training camp for the starting job just to be 100% sure he's a bust before shipping him off. Who knows maybe he turns the ship around. It will not hurt this team 1 bit to keep Mitch and have a real QB competition. The best QB will be the starter. This would also make Foles play better as well

You trade him because he sucks, as a backup he's expensive, and you get some minor cap relief (which the Bears need every bit of).

Absolutely no reason to give him another shot. He's 40+ (mostly bad) starts into his career. There's maybe 2 examples in the last 20-30 years of guys suddenly becoming plus starters after such a bad start to their career.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-19-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You trade him because he sucks, as a backup he's expensive, and you get some minor cap relief (which the Bears need every bit of).

Absolutely no reason to give him another shot. He's 40+ (mostly bad) starts into his career. There's maybe 2 examples in the last 20-30 years of guys suddenly becoming plus starters after such a bad start to their career.
    I agree with all of this but for those exact reasons you state to trade him I canít see why another team would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I agree with all of this but for those exact reasons you state to trade him I canít see why another team would want him.
    Yep. If we can't move him, people will read it as a sign of faith from the FO (and as DG says, the message all off-season will be that the starter job is an open competition), which I suppose is possible, but I think it's also equally if not more possible considering the rumors out there that if he's not traded, it's because there were no takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I agree, he likely has little to no market, but he'd be less expensive to another team than is here, and there's always going to be some idiot that thinks they can fix him.

He should go to KC and back up Mahomes. It would be fitting

Where are the rumors bears have been actively trying to trade Mitch with no one interested?

Trubisky showed obvious signs of improvement in the 2nd half of the season when back from injury, even with his shoulder still limiting his mobility. Trading him for a 7th round pick just makes no sense at all when we all know foles isnít capable of playing a 16 game season.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Trubisky showed obvious signs of improvement in the 2nd half of the season when back from injury, even with his shoulder still limiting his mobility. Trading him for a 7th round pick just makes no sense at all when we all know foles isnít capable of playing a 16 game season.
    I disagree. He did basically what he's always done. He had 3 ridiculous performances, 2 of which came against the awful Lions, but otherwise he was mediocre-awful in every start last year. And I'm no doctor, but in what way does an injured shoulder limit one's mobility? Mitch wasn't scrambling for yards the way he did in 2018, but it's not like he wasn't constantly moving around (poorly I might add). His pocket presence is just terrible. So often he runs out of the pocket when he should be stepping up into it.

I just don't get any reason for there to be hope. He set the bar so low people think 2018 was some kind of promising season. But it was basically just like this year. He was mediocre, except some games against bad teams where he padded the hell out of his stats. We just faced less bad teams this year, and he was put in positions where we needed him to win us games. I do not understand why anyone clings to him at all.

1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    This guy's tweet stands out a lot too: