Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol...my post had nothing to do with sticking with Mitch. It had to do with the obvious glaring demand for the run game to improve exponentially or none of these middle of the road QBs are going to do much of anything. The run game is critical, and very few teams had a worse running attack than the Bears last season. Even a solid run game makes a decent QB look better. So whether it be Dalton, Carr, Keenum, whoever - That run game better become a strength next year.
    Does it, though? Alex Smith isnít better than what I think anyone would say is average. He was a good fit for Andy Reidís system though and made all the layups. The running game, save for the end of his tenure with Hill, there was never anything special. They never made it far in the playoffs with Smith (which isnít necessarily Smithís fault) but they won lots of games.

I think more accurately, the run game needs to be better than it was last year. It doesnít need to be a strength. We need competency in both. But as long as Nagy is here, itís gonna be a game plan thatís built around explosive pass offense. What we need first and foremost is a passer that consistently gets the ball to our playmakers. Having a few more playmakers would be nice too, granted.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 02-15-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Does it, though? Alex Smith isnít better than what I think anyone would say is average. He was a good fit for Andy Reidís system though and made all the layups. The running game, save for the end of his tenure with Hill, there was never anything special. They never made it far in the playoffs with Smith (which isnít necessarily Smithís fault) but they won lots of games.

I think more accurately, the run game needs to be better than it was last year. It doesnít need to be a strength. We need competency in both. But as long as Nagy is here, itís gonna be a game plan thatís built around explosive pass offense. What we need first and foremost is a passer that consistently gets the ball to our playmakers. Having a few more playmakers would be nice too, granted.
    I don't know man, I'm not sure how anyone could look at this roster, and not think a heavy run game should be the focal point. First off, Nagy isn't Reid. Yes, a guy hitting all the layups will help. That needs to happen, but let's really look at the offense.

OL: Not a single elite player. Overall not a very physical group, barring Massie. The best player is probably Whitehair, and while he's pretty good, he's nothing special. I believe the scheme had more to do with their trouble run blocking than anything, but overall, they're an average unit at absolute best.

WR: Other than Robinson, the Bears do not have much here. Miller has shown flashes, albeit he's shown some poor hands too. He may be a good player, he may never be great but the jury is still out. After those two, it's slim pickings.

TE: This is a joke. The Bears have no TEs. They didn't have a single TE on the roster reach 100 yards. That's one of the most insane stats I've ever heard.

What I'm seeing is an offense that better lean on the run game infinitely more than they did (partly because they couldn't run for ****). A guy that hits the bunnies isn't going to magically transform this offense to an elite or even very good offense. Decent maybe. Granted, the Bears will probably sign and maybe draft a TE and the draft is pretty deep at WR - But man, this roster doesn't scream passing offense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I don't know man, I'm not sure how anyone could look at this roster, and not think a heavy run game should be the focal point. First off, Nagy isn't Reid. Yes, a guy hitting all the layups will help. That needs to happen, but let's really look at the offense.

OL: Not a single elite player. Overall not a very physical group, barring Massie. The best player is probably Whitehair, and while he's pretty good, he's nothing special. I believe the scheme had more to do with their trouble run blocking than anything, but overall, they're an average unit at absolute best.

WR: Other than Robinson, the Bears do not have much here. Miller has shown flashes, albeit he's shown some poor hands too. He may be a good player, he may never be great but the jury is still out. After those two, it's slim pickings.

TE: This is a joke. The Bears have no TEs. They didn't have a single TE on the roster reach 100 yards. That's one of the most insane stats I've ever heard.

What I'm seeing is an offense that better lean on the run game infinitely more than they did (partly because they couldn't run for ****). A guy that hits the bunnies isn't going to magically transform this offense to an elite or even very good offense. Decent maybe. Granted, the Bears will probably sign and maybe draft a TE and the draft is pretty deep at WR - But man, this roster doesn't scream passing offense to me.
    Not saying Nagy is Reid. But as long as heís here, itís the style of offense weíre gonna be playing. Iím not always thrilled about that cause there can certainly be times he needs to adjust and doesnít, but itís what we need to hope for. Iíd hope with someone to stretch the field and a good RG instead of terrible ones, we could go a long way with the O-line and offense as a whole as long as the QB is competent.

Iím not the most hopeful person on the Bears. I have no faith in Mitch and Nagy is on thin ice. If you have no faith in either of them, youíre probably SOL and we shouldnít even really be talking about next year like it matters. Iím close to there depending on what they do. I feel thereís a sliver of hope the FO will have a big offseason.

If you havea finesse average OL why would you lean heavy on the run game?

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    If you havea finesse average OL why would you lean heavy on the run game?
    Because you have no play makers on offense other than Robinson and itís easier to plug in a good RG and run the ball. Like I said, I believe the regression in the run game was because of the scheme/coaching. But hey....maybe airing it out to Robinson and a bunch of average/below average WRs is the way to go.

I can definitely see the Bears as a destination or possible destination for Tom Brady especially if it means getting rid of Trubisky who is mediocre at best

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I can definitely see the Bears as a destination or possible destination for Tom Brady especially if it means getting rid of Trubisky who is mediocre at best
    Anything specifically that makes you see this? Because I donít see it all.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I still dont think Brady leaves. I think you can look at the likes of so many players late in their careers who leave and it just does their legacy nothing..... Jordan..... Wade..... just to name a few.

I may be wrong though.... but where does he go. The Raiders.... the 49ers.... The Titans. .i honestly don't see that many good landing spots for him.

I mean.... Dark Horse Lions would be really an interesting landing spot though... Denver too if they wanted to try and Pull another Payton Manning.
    Last edited by Kyben36; Today at 05:04 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    side note. I think the Pats do everything in their power to get Brady the tools he wants too. I could easily see Austin Hooper..... and AJ Green being added to that offense. and him deciding to come back.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546