Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 470 of 501 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 7514
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eh. It's replacing one need with another. Is stability at QB more important than anything else? Sure, you can make that argument. In a vacuum, even non-elite Rodgers is probably more valuable in regards to sustaining success than Mack. Given the Bears' current situation where they're stuck with Mitch through this year and Nick Foles through 2021, I don't see a series of moves existing whereby the Bears trade Mack, add Rodgers, and end up optimizing their resources in the strongest of ways.

Who would people rather have next year? Dak or Mack?
    Yeah, definitely fair points. I'll admit that I'm in the camp of people that think Aaron Rodgers had a bad year and is still a top 3-5 QB. And even in that bad year managed to get them to 13-3 with a rookie coach.

I think the strength of this team is the D-line and the secondary if they add one more high draft pick. I think with Roquan developing they can sustain the hit of Mack if needed. I'd hate to lose him though.

The reason the idea struck me is because Favre left GB to stick it to them and go to Minnesota, and I can see Rodgers having a similar mindset if things end badly. He always said he loved playing in Chicago he said and Favre has been in his ear lately. And if we are honest with ourselves, this team is stacked offensively at every skill position minus the QB position. I think the immediate returns could be amazing.

Imagine Nagy's playbook with Rodgers' precision.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Yeah, definitely fair points. I'll admit that I'm in the camp of people that think Aaron Rodgers had a bad year and is still a top 3-5 QB. And even in that bad year managed to get them to 13-3 with a rookie coach.

I think the strength of this team is the D-line and the secondary if they add one more high draft pick. I think with Roquan developing they can sustain the hit of Mack if needed. I'd hate to lose him though.

The reason the idea struck me is because Favre left GB to stick it to them and go to Minnesota, and I can see Rodgers having a similar mindset if things end badly. He always said he loved playing in Chicago he said and Favre has been in his ear lately. And if we are honest with ourselves, this team is stacked offensively at every skill position minus the QB position. I think the immediate returns could be amazing.

Imagine Nagy's playbook with Rodgers' precision.
    Rodgers signing with the Bears out of spite would be the most Aaron Rodgers thing to do, I'll say that. I think we're still at least two seasons at least from the Packers moving on. I'd hope that if we were an interested camp that we'd be able to make it happen without cutting Mack. Assuming the salary cap does grow the way everyone is predicting, why not? Anyway, we can dream.

Hopefully we address QB in the 1st round next year and don't end up needing Aaron at all.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    That press is a way to involve and build core strength. What risk?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Because if if a band slides off with a plate now itís imbalanced and he could hurt himself in a number of ways. Especially with the weight heís doing. A lot of it is just eye wash. Itís the same thing as Alvin Kamara doing change of direction drills with kettle bells banded to a bar. People trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason.

Itís just unnecessarily dangerous. You can train core stability in much safer weighs than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You can't claim cause and effect based on strong public reaction. There's really no proof the Bears' regression last year has anything to do with sitting in the preseason. It's just conjecture really. It doesn't even really fit the truth anyway. The Bears didn't just have a slow/rusty/bad start, they were an overall worse team across the board the entire duration of the season.
    Yep. Mitch, OL, and Nagy were all a **** show last year. Pre season had nothing to do with it. Could maybe blame it on pre season of it was only the first couple games, but they were a joke offensively the whole year.

That first packers game was so depressing

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Feel like da bears should sign devonta freeman

Click here to register!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

not against it. Its Montgomery or bust for this team unless you have faith in Nall.

Its too bad the Whyte got poached

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    not against it. Its Montgomery or bust for this team unless you have faith in Nall.

Its too bad the Whyte got poached
    Agreed ! Would be nice depth.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...903265794?s=09

Washington football team

Pretty nice honestly, even though there is no team name. Kinda like that too.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Totally a repost, but no one responds half the time, especially when you challenge kyben

Would like the Bears to kick the tires on good free agents left depending how cheap they'd come.

LB/Edge/DE/Pass Rushers/DL
    Everson Griffen
    Clay Mathews
    Ez Ansah
    Suggs - Think he could play line in a pinch or passrushing downs and be a strong backup OLB for cheap
    Ogletree - Hve no faith Iggy has developed, would like some insurance.

RBs think we definitely need another vet guy in the room, even if they're cut.
    Devonte Freeman
    Lamar Miller (if healthy)
    Theo Riddick (if healthy)
    Isaiah Crowell (if healthy)

OL
    Jason Peters - would love him as a swing tackle or insurance if Massie/Leno suck or get hurt/covid.
    Jordan Mills/Jamarcus Webb.... just kidding.
    Veldheer
    Warford - Too rich probably

DB
    Tony Jefferson - Don't know health. If he could compete, amazing. If not, 2 year deal stashing on IR this year. When Gipson is gone, he comes in next year.
    There are a lot of other established aging vets who could come cheap and be a good 3rd/4th option.
    CB- there are so many solid players out there. Would like one to compete with all our young guys.

Crowell and Clay Matthews would make some sense to me. But freeman is a better fit, we just don't have a power run offense.

Click here to register!

No big loss. Seems a bit weird that a guy who has been in the system and seen time the last few years got cut so early. Especially when we just have a room of guys after the clear top 2. Whatever, rather latch on to a guy with potential.