Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 459 of 501 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 7514
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Got a hypothetical question. If Clowney would sign the same deal as Quinn at this point, which would you rather have.
    Probably Clowny but my gut tells me he would want a 1 year prove it deal at only 15 mil. Not a 4 year long deal locking him into less than he is probably worth. the problem is you cant really cut floyd and Hope for a guy like clowny to get black balled though. U needed a replacement if u were voiding his deal.

Similar question Quinn or Griffin/Golden for half the price?

This one is IMO TOUGHER because it depends on what we could get with that other 7-8 mil. Cause if it nets us a Glascow or Warford i would be signifigantly happier with the OL.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://youtu.be/jV-DvNw2Rvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://youtu.be/jV-DvNw2Rvk

I truly believe if he was our QB in 2006 or 2018 wed be SB champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho_KL75 View Post
    I truly believe if he was our QB in 2006 or 2018 wed be SB champs.
    jay was better than grossman.

I will forever love Jay. I truly believe he could have been a hell of a QB in better situations with a legit system.

Found it interesting though, there was little to any of the Trestman era in that video. Would have thought many more highlights of Marshall and AJ.

Oh and Knox :/

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I will forever love Jay. I truly believe he could have been a hell of a QB in better situations with a legit system.

Found it interesting though, there was little to any of the Trestman era in that video. Would have thought many more highlights of Marshall and AJ.

Oh and Knox :/
    Jay could have had a better career in different situations for sure, but his personality would always have been a factor. He rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way and didnt have that unifying/lead factor that the great ones have.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Jay could have had a better career in different situations for sure, but his personality would always have been a factor. He rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way and didnt have that unifying/lead factor that the great ones have.
    Eh. I see him and Aaron Rodgers as having pretty similar personalities. I don't think his "leadership skills" were a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eh. I see him and Aaron Rodgers as having pretty similar personalities. I don't think his "leadership skills" were a real problem.
    Sure, but the difference in skill and production are light years apart. Rodgers is up there in terms of all time greats. Jay was just a guy. If Rodgers wasnt as great as he is, his personality would be a bigger problem. Hell, hes still pretty divisive and not well liked. Hes just so good and has willed his team to wins for so long, that it negates his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eli wasn't that good, but he had the personality questions. So did Montana...and he was ok lol. Philip Rivers , probably the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Sure, but the difference in skill and production are light years apart. Rodgers is up there in terms of all time greats. Jay was just a guy. If Rodgers wasnt as great as he is, his personality would be a bigger problem. Hell, hes still pretty divisive and not well liked. Hes just so good and has willed his team to wins for so long, that it negates his leadership.
    Rodgers also had a system that allowed him to develop and learn an offense.

His arm talent is/was inferior to Jay's and he was at just about the same level of athleticism. Jay was never "just a guy " talent wise. He has arguably a top 5 arm ever in terms of strength and whatnot.

You switch them, I'd bet Jay has a hall of fame career on the Packers and Rodgers is solid/above average on the Bears.

Click here to register!

Not disputing that. But you said his personality "always would've been a factor." Aaron Rodgers' personality hasn't ever been a factor, or even something people seem to care about just because of how good he is. Had Jay produced as Aaron had, no one would care about Jay's either.

The phrasing of your original post made it seem like all greats have incredible leadership skills,or at least don't have the personality type that Jay does, or whatever. I was just providing a counter-example. I don't know that Jay really behaves all that differently from most top guys, he's just not as good as them. That's all.

Slauson

Click here to register!

https://twitter.com/notkdk3/status/1...438074369?s=21

I soured on Jay towards the end and the guy definitely had his warts as a QB, but he was set up to fail by incompetent GM's and **** coaching more than anything. Had Lovie ever gotten a worthwhile OC here, I think they'd both be viewed differently by this fanbase.

It was pretty annoying how bad he was against the Packers though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk