Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 472 of 501 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 7514
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Adam Shaheen for a 6th. Really surprises we gave up... its probably for the best. ai figured he would get one more shot to stay healthy.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Adam Shaheen for a 6th. Really surprises we gave up... its probably for the best. ai figured he would get one more shot to stay healthy.
    It does not surprise me. Getting a 6th for a guy who can't stay healthy is a win for the Bears, imo. I really am hoping Kmet can be the answer, though I am not holding my breath.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    It does not surprise me. Getting a 6th for a guy who can't stay healthy is a win for the Bears, imo. I really am hoping Kmet can be the answer, though I am not holding my breath.
    I suppose. I just know Kmet and Greham are fine...... until one gets hurt...... we have Harris who i suppose is serviceable...... but Even in terms of Conpitition for that 3rd TE...... we just gave up Braunecker...... Shaheen. Basically we are down to the **** group we had last year competing for that 3rd and 4th TE spot with Harris.

I mean i think there is also a solid chance Maybe Kmet isnt great in year 1 too. The room looks even more depressing. i just figured you give him a last shot in training camp. But i also understand 3 years on his final year it probably time to give up.

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 Offseason Thread

We have 7 tes left relax.

Horsted is better than both those guys anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    We have 7 tes left relax.
    again.... Nobody behind those top 3 (one of which is an unproven rok) have any sort of proven track record and were all part of the group that was terrible last year. and as far as Horsted..... we are really going to put any type of faith in any of the guys on this list from last year

Darion Clark (basketball player with zero nfl experience)
    J.P. Holtz (my favorite of the group but thats not saying much... 7/91 in 7 games)
    Jesper Horsted (8/87 in 6 games)
    Eric Saubert (most nfl experience. 7/69 in his career..... 2 /21 in 2 games last year)

One of these guys is likely to make the roster...... and while thats fine..... none of them can really be expected to compete for the #3 TE job IMO with Demetrius Harris.

So we are running out 33 YO Jimmy Greham
    An Unproven 2nd round rok
    a Carear Journeyman in Harris.

A bunch of Table scraps.

I just am worried about what happens especially if Jimmy G goes down and your relying on a Rok and Harris. It could quicky look very similar to last year when it was supposed to be Braunecker and Shaheen behind Burton.

IDK... maybe im over reacting. I just know I would feel slightly more comfortable if any of these guys actually beat out Branecker or Shaheen for a job.

Signing Jordan Reed Right now does not feel like a bad idea just for depths sake.

-Rem Koolhaas

7 tes left

Not sure how deep you want the positions to be, especially when the TE unit was arguably the worst (or close to it) in the entire NFL last year. A proven capable starter and a top 50 draft pick feels like decent depth. If those guys are both down and/or not working out, having Ben and/or Shaheen wasnt going to salvage anything, anyways.

This is just complaining about something for the sake of complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Not sure how deep you want the positions to be, especially when the TE unit was arguably the worst (or close to it) in the entire NFL last year. A proven capable starter and a top 50 draft pick feels like decent depth. If those guys are both down and/or not working out, having Ben and/or Shaheen wasnt going to salvage anything, anyways.

This is just complaining about something for the sake of complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shaheen was a top 50 pick. i have hope for Kmet but lets not exactly claim anyone is a sure thing.. I just dont feel good about the band of misfits we had last year having any Role on this roster at all. And with Braunecker and shaheen gone It just feels..... idk 1 injury away to jimmy G from basically being right back to where we started from at TE .

Again i have said it before i may be over reacting.... i just felt more comfortable with Shaheen getting a chance to work out and if he got beat out so be it. He at least had a little upside IMO. I dont feel that way at all about anyone in our TE room not named Kmet or maybe Jimmy G.

I mean can anyone honestly say they feel more pumped about

Jimmy G 33 coming off a 450 yard season
    Kmet Unproven Rok
    Harris a guy who has never broken 20 receptions

than

Burton coming off a 550 yard season
    Shaheen 2nd round injury prone Hopeful
    Branecker who the bears had just paid reasonable money to stick around

I just see similarities. And yes you cant have a 4 deep TE room. Unless your the bucs. But i dont think its unreasonable to think Kmet may struggle year 1. I dont know if its wise to expect a 33 YO TE to not get hurt at some point. And that brings us right back to basically what we had last year.

IDK. maybe If i had more faith in who we had as our #2 TE to at least be servicable like an OJ howard or Njoku I would not worry so much about an injury to greham because we know we at least have somebody sure to step in. Maybe if we had gotten ahold of an IDFA like Moss or Bryant I would at least have a little more faith in the youthful group of guys and hope one could step up. Maybe I just dont see what everyone else seems to in Horstead because he ample oportunity last year and didnt flash enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Didn't Horsted screw up that fantastic last play by not passing to Robinson? That's forever going to be a black mark on him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Didn't Horsted screw up that fantastic last play by not passing to Robinson? That's forever going to be a black mark on him.
    It wont lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    It wont lol
    Lol I mean in my eyes.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Lol I mean in my eyes.
    Lol I hate you... totally forgot about that