Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 438 of 501 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 7514
  1. #6556
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,979
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Steps up? Are you saying he wasn't trying before?
    everyone realizes he needs to get better. not even mitch suporters deny that. he is saying hopefully he steps up in light of all this pressure. last year. good backup pushing him. if he doesnt step up to the plate and play well he is done.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  2. #6557
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    49,054
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Steps up? Are you saying he wasn't trying before?
    No thatís not what Iím implying Iím saying improve as a player


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #6558
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    49,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    everyone realizes he needs to get better. not even mitch suporters deny that. he is saying hopefully he steps up in light of all this pressure. last year. good backup pushing him. if he doesnt step up to the plate and play well he is done.
    This really is his last chance , in 2018 he was average if he gets back to that and better I think they tag em and still draft a QB to cover themselves. That would also means Foles is out and will leave for FAís


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #6559
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    13,099
    Still personally think people will be surprised by just how much better Foles is than Trubisky. I expect Foles to win the job handedly, and also to start further than just this year. I think a lot of people forget that Foles has already been coached by Nagy in KC and by Pederson in PHI. Nagy and Pederson are very close and speak a lot. Nagy played no part in picking Trubisky so there is no indication that Nagy ever liked Trubisky regardless of what he's said to the media. There's a reason they traded a pick for him rather than wait for the other QBs in FA. This was a hand picked selection. I also think Nick has never been given a fair shake at being handed the keys to a franchise. If he can be protected I predict he'll play somewhere between his SB year and his 2013 pro bowl year which was historic. If he starts every game I see his stats being something like 3,900 yards 30 TDs and 13 INTs.

  5. #6560
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,160
    Mitch is toast. I don't really buy the whole competition thing either. It's Foles job to lose.

  6. #6561
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,579
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Mitch is toast. I don't really buy the whole competition thing either. It's Foles job to lose.
    If Mitch is somehow the starter come week 1 (assuming Foles isn't hurt), just fire everyone. It was bad enough we had no plan B and were forced to endure him all year last year.

    edit: with that said, aside from the all the obvious press conference fluff, Pace really hasn't given us any reason to believe he has any more faith in Mitch as anyone else, or is willing to have him start, so I really really don't think there's any chance that happens.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-02-2020 at 06:54 PM.

  7. #6562
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    it just makes no sense and im a mitch hopeful. Worst case he plays well and might make 30 mil next year instead if 26 (cant make more than Tannahill IMO)

    Worst case..... you paying 26 mil for a backup QB.
    Didnít Teddy B just get 21 per year? Mitch isnít gonna get more than him.

  8. #6563
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,979
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Didnít Teddy B just get 21 per year? Mitch isnít gonna get more than him.
    Im talking if he plays out of his mind.... has a coming out party. not that im expecting it. but its not impossible. You could say the same of Tannahill last year and look what happened. And if he did.... Big if.... your talking about a 4 mil diference at worst. in which you would be more than happy to pay because he actually turns out like a good QB and u get your franchise caliber QB.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #6564
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,184
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Still personally think people will be surprised by just how much better Foles is than Trubisky. I expect Foles to win the job handedly, and also to start further than just this year. I think a lot of people forget that Foles has already been coached by Nagy in KC and by Pederson in PHI. Nagy and Pederson are very close and speak a lot. Nagy played no part in picking Trubisky so there is no indication that Nagy ever liked Trubisky regardless of what he's said to the media. There's a reason they traded a pick for him rather than wait for the other QBs in FA. This was a hand picked selection. I also think Nick has never been given a fair shake at being handed the keys to a franchise. If he can be protected I predict he'll play somewhere between his SB year and his 2013 pro bowl year which was historic. If he starts every game I see his stats being something like 3,900 yards 30 TDs and 13 INTs.
    I agree. They have brought in a bunch of vets 30 and older, including a Super Bowl MVP QB. This is all geared towards this upcoming season, no more developmental QB stuff with more growing pains. Unless Trubisky comes in camp and miraculously has become an immediate star it should be Foles job. The only thing that concerns me is the crap O line and Foles getting hurt. I could see Foles going down early and we are right beck in there with Trubisky

  10. 05-02-2020, 07:49 PM

  11. #6565
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,309
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    If Mitch is somehow the starter come week 1 (assuming Foles isn't hurt), just fire everyone. It was bad enough we had no plan B and were forced to endure him all year last year.

    edit: with that said, aside from the all the obvious press conference fluff, Pace really hasn't given us any reason to believe he has any more faith in Mitch as anyone else, or is willing to have him start, so I really really don't think there's any chance that happens.
    Yeah if Pace is willing to move on from Mitch Iíd say thatís an encouraging sign. Itís probably hard to move on from any pick you have, but especially if that pick is a QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #6566
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,979
    I just don't buy that Foles is guarinteed. When you look at the way his contract was restructured he surely is paid like a backup.... And if he wins..... Fine. But to pretend a guy who was traded for a 4th and is paid 5.3 mil is locked into a starting job seems silly to me.

    And FWIW.... Mitch may start week 1 simply because Foles could lack reps with WRs.....we still don't know how long this virus stuff will last.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. 05-02-2020, 08:04 PM

  14. #6567
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,160
    His base salary is low because of the restructure, but Foles is still owed $21M in guaranteed money. The Bears would also be losing money if they cut him after this season too. So they're tied to him through 2021.

    Giving up a compensatory 4th, taking on the rest of his bonuses + another season, and having an introductory press conference doesn't feel like a backup QB. He's also just better than Mitch and clearly a better fit for what Nagy wants to do.

  15. #6568
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Pure Ignorance and hatred for Mitch which is why i cant take some in here seriously. 3 years on a QB and your ready to give up. 1 with john ****ing fox. are we really supposed to take you serious?
    You act like 3 years isn't a lot of data for a QB. History tells us that the overwhelming majority of QB's that start out their careers like this don't amount to much. There are outliers like Brees, late bloomers like Gannon, and question marks like Tannehill. But most are career backups after their Rookie deals or out of the league altogether.

  16. #6569
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,184
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. I've seen enough of Mitch. I don't care how good he looks in practice. He's had 3 years. If Foles isn't hurt, it's his job. PERIOD.
    No arguments from me, I wish he was off the roster completely to remove any possibility.

  17. 05-02-2020, 08:39 PM

  18. #6570
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    49,054
    Freaking Dalton to the Cowboys


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •