Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 464 of 476 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 7133
  1. #6946
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    768
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...19-637626.html

    could you imagine if 15-20 people on a team catch the virus and miss a game or two or three... forfeit? how would that even work? or during the playoffs? imagine if the whole qb room caught the virus, then what? sign someone from the street?

    everything i'm reading, the potential for a season is looking less and less likely

    current rule: positive test results in 5 day quarantine. Then two negative tests (minimum 24 hours apart) are required.
    Last edited by hester23fan4va; 07-06-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added COVID testing rules

  2. #6947
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,642
    It's gonna be a **** show - the NFL isn't considering a bubble mentality, and I'm sure they're going to allow fans to attend games.

    Finishing the season seems unlikely, really curious to see how it works.


    No matter what happens, they're handling it wrong lol

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #6948
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,764
    i dont see a way they can keep it under control. The NBA has the right idea with an isolated bubble..... but u know somebody is breaking that bubble..... and if that one person brings the virus in it will be too quick to stop. Personally i hope LBJ gets it.... has no symptoms..... but cant play and the lakers loose. To me that would be so bad for the nba and i imagine lebron begging to play cause he feels fine.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  4. #6949
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,400

  5. #6950
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,400

  6. #6951
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,666
    Jesus


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #6952
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,014
    Un ****ing real. Good for him.

  8. #6953
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,642
    They're gonna be super bowl contenders until he regresses. As long as they get in the postseason, they'll have a chance.

    Just like Green Bay with prime Rodgers (not in his prime anymore) and the Colts with Peyton.

    Hopefully he'll get more than 1 ring. I think he will.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #6954
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,877
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    They're gonna be super bowl contenders until he regresses. As long as they get in the postseason, they'll have a chance.

    Just like Green Bay with prime Rodgers (not in his prime anymore) and the Colts with Peyton.

    Hopefully he'll get more than 1 ring. I think he will.

    With so much money tied up with Mahomes, the Chiefs are not going to be able to keep a deep team (look at SEA) and/or all of the good players. So they better hit on their draft picks.
    Screw sabermetics.

  10. #6955
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    With so much money tied up with Mahomes, the Chiefs are not going to be able to keep a deep team (look at SEA) and/or all of the good players. So they better hit on their draft picks.
    Agreed. It's tough.

    So important to have a great QB, but when you get one you're screwed in an entirely different way lol.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #6956
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,400
    That deal is almost unimaginable. It's twice the AAV for Mack. It's hard to say that Mahomes isn't worth whatever he's being paid, but man, that's a lot of money for one player without any out for the team.

  12. #6957
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,642
    T'was a racoon

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #6958
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,877
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    That deal is almost unimaginable. It's twice the AAV for Mack. It's hard to say that Mahomes isn't worth whatever he's being paid, but man, that's a lot of money for one player without any out for the team.
    Which is why I consider it a very stupid move for the Chiefs. I understand WHY they did this deal because if they don't some other team will. But all this contract does is pretty much guarantees the Chiefs won't be winning another title with Mahomes.
    Screw sabermetics.

  14. #6959
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Which is why I consider it a very stupid move for the Chiefs. I understand WHY they did this deal because if they don't some other team will. But all this contract does is pretty much guarantees the Chiefs won't be winning another title with Mahomes.
    I actually disagree. As the years go on, the cap will increase and the contract will eventually be a bargain for a franchise QB.

    Time will tell, though. I could be 100 percent wrong! It feels crazy right now but I'm not convinced it will stay that way. It's a 10 year extension. We'll see where the inflation is in 2 years and if he isn't far off of the number 2 qb compensation wise...it just might be a bargain.


    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 07-07-2020 at 12:20 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #6960
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,666

    2020 Offseason Thread

    Thought Mahomes contract was a % deal increases every year the cap goes up .

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stunner; 07-07-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •