Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 411 of 476 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 7133
  1. #6151
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,032
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I agree with this. Foles job to lose IMO.
    Lol at anyone comparing this to the Titans scenario. Tannehill was brought in as a backup... even said so... And didn't hold a press conference introducing him...

    Foles will start unless Mitch suddenly takes a giant step mentally or Foles gets hurt.

    The writing could not be anymore obvious.

  2. #6152
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,002
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Lol at anyone comparing this to the Titans scenario. Tannehill was brought in as a backup... even said so... And didn't hold a press conference introducing him...

    Foles will start unless Mitch suddenly takes a giant step mentally or Foles gets hurt.

    The writing could not be anymore obvious.
    According to Mitch fans, he's going to get at least the first 4 weeks of the opening season. I say he loses the job in training camp.

  3. #6153
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,183
    If somebody can show me the last time a backup quarterback had a press conference thrown, Mitch will be the starter week 1.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  4. #6154
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    6,292
    I'm a huge Trubiski fan....but Foles is going to be the starter. Not that I want him to be but that is what is going to happen.

    Believe me I would love to see Mitch make a big leap and just figure his crap out bc he does have a ton of talent but it is just not likely. Want it to happen but it probably won't. I would love to see him take a huge leap and way outperform Foles in camp (if there is one) and preseason but chances are slim.

  5. #6155
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,643
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    I'm a huge Trubiski fan....but Foles is going to be the starter. Not that I want him to be but that is what is going to happen.

    Believe me I would love to see Mitch make a big leap and just figure his crap out bc he does have a ton of talent but it is just not likely. Want it to happen but it probably won't. I would love to see him take a huge leap and way outperform Foles in camp (if there is one) and preseason but chances are slim.
    I donít think heíll see success but if he does, I think itíll be at age 30 or so in an offense he has known for years upon years where he gets a chance due to injury.

    Itís just hard to stick around as a backup that long.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #6156
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    6,292
    Very true. Like I said he has more talent than Foles but for some reason can't put it all together. It's a shame but either way I'm just hoping for a big season for the Bears.

  7. #6157
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,565
    Mitch will (and should) lose the job in camp.. all last season long his confidence was terrible, often times he looked miserable. His mechanics are awful.. he throws completely off his back foot

  8. #6158
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,095
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Lol at anyone comparing this to the Titans scenario. Tannehill was brought in as a backup... even said so... And didn't hold a press conference introducing him...

    Foles will start unless Mitch suddenly takes a giant step mentally or Foles gets hurt.

    The writing could not be anymore obvious.
    Too much is lined up for Foles here. He's worked with Nagy, Lazor, Flip, he knows the system, and most importantly he's just better.

    As mentioned before, Nagy and Pace's jobs may be on the line too (debatable). Can they really afford to waste a few starts on Trubisky at the start of the season?

    If/when they draft a QB, maybe early, what other evidence will we need?

    Mitch is done here, barring injury or some crazy improvement that feels completely unrealistic.

  9. #6159
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,095

  10. #6160
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,666
    https://twitter.com/bradotc/status/1...036844032?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #6161
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/bradotc/status/1...036844032?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I didn't like Foles original contract. But with the Jags taking their hit the new restructured deal, it worked out well.

  12. #6162
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,014
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Mitch will (and should) lose the job in camp.. all last season long his confidence was terrible, often times he looked miserable. His mechanics are awful.. he throws completely off his back foot
    This is true, but Nagy stated that he doesn't concern himself with mechanics, and how you throw is how you throw. Pretty baffling considering he was brought in to develop a QB, yet never stressed and drilled mechanics. Not excusing Mitch for his play, but hard to say that's not a huge indictment on Nagy. Flip is the complete opposite and is all about mechanics and footwork and timing. Not saying it will be enough for Mitch to win the job, but it certainly won't hurt. Mitch's mechanics actually looked better his rookie season.

  13. #6163
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,095

  14. #6164
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,095

  15. #6165
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    If somebody can show me the last time a backup quarterback had a press conference thrown, Mitch will be the starter week 1.
    Mike ****ING GLENNON

    Ohh sorry he was the starter but sucked. Look im not personally saying that Foles wont start...... But honestly I think your grasping at straws if you think that Foles getting a press conference means anything. There is a good chance that Foles may be the starter..... But honestly If he cant beat mitch out either 1 of two things. 1) More likely.... that MItch has somehow drastically improved 2) That Foles isnt that much better than mitch and its not Mitch.

    Either way. taking a Press conference for Foles as a be all end all.... I seriously question that man. I have said it b4 and I will say it again. Let these two decide.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •