Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Yeah man, Drummond prolly on the way for sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yeah man, Drummond prolly on the way for sure now.
    Wouldn’t surprise me at all Collins needs to become a better shooter if so. I saw they’re interested in Poetl from the spurs too

Wouldn’t surprise me at all Collins needs to become a better shooter if so. I saw they’re interested in Poetl from the spurs too
    He's right around league average for this season and his career, should be enough for the stretch 4 role.

But yeah, they have a lot of money to work with.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Edit: Scratch that. They wouldn’t have his Bird Rights so he’d be losing money.

Oh wow, that was the talk this summer. Wonder what the asking price is.

I thinks the Wolves would want a bit more, like adding Nunn and sending back a filler to MIA, Vonleh for example.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I thinks the Wolves would want a bit more, like adding Nunn and sending back a filler to MIA, Vonleh for example.
    I'm sorry, what? Is this real life? The Wolves would require a younger version of RoCo in Winslow (health issues and not as good at 3 & D but much better ball handler and provides youth and versatility), Meyers (who expires now and would give Minny more flexibility cap wise to swing deals), get rid of Dieng (who they were trying to trade desperately last year attaching picks to him and no one would still take the offer and has 2 years left) and they'd need a top 3 player in ROY voting in Kendrick Nunn to get this deal done? And I just noticed you mentioned DJJ also?! Who's on the minimum and a great role player.
    ohhhh ok.
    Yea sounds good. Can't wait. Throw in Herro for good measure since we're getting a stud like Vonleh back.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Is this real life? The Wolves would require a younger version of RoCo in Winslow (health issues and not as good at 3 & D but much better ball handler and provides youth and versatility), Meyers (who expires now and would give Minny more flexibility cap wise to swing deals), get rid of Dieng (who they were trying to trade desperately last year attaching picks to him and no one would still take the offer and has 2 years left) and they'd need a top 3 player in ROY voting in Kendrick Nunn to get this deal done? And I just noticed you mentioned DJJ also?! Who's on the minimum and a great role player.
    ohhhh ok.
    Yea sounds good. Can't wait. Throw in Herro for good measure since we're getting a stud like Vonleh back.
    I would do Winslow KO or Meyers and DJJ without hesitation. Winslow is a great defender and a solid shooter but gives them the ball handling and passing at PG they desperately need. Covington also fills a need for us as does Dieng. DJJ is sweetener in the deal where the wolves can decide if they’d like to keep him or not, they defintely should.

Winslow/Napier
    Culver/Okogie
    Wiggins/Bates??
    KO/DJJ
    Towns/???

Idk the wolves depth but that’s solid and young.

Right now I think the wolves are set on getting DLo which they want to use Covington for. I think those talks will die because the warriors can package Dlo and their pick (after the draft I believe or maybe just after they see where it lands) for a much better offer than anything they can get from the wolves outside of Towns imo. It doesn’t make sense to me for the warriors to deal with the Wolves, maybe if they bring in Covington and then grt culver and other young pieces to move for another star big? Idk, I think those talks die eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    ohhhh ok.
    Winslow is not a younger version of RoCo. Not even close. He is awful, to say the least. He is terrible in every individual advanced metric available and to top that off he has .009 WS/48 on a team that has a win percentage of 70%. As far as Dieng goes, last year was last year. I don't want to overvalue him, his contract is hefty, but he is shooting .375% from 3 on career high 96 attempts through only 36 games. I mean, the guy has just redefined his game to be a modern(ish) big man, not to mention the fact that his contract is not only 1.5 years from expiring in a year(2021) when the free agent crop will be decent(unlike this year). You are basically saying, here Minnesota, give us RoCo(highly sought after vet on a friendly contract) and Dieng(who is overpaid, but fit's in most systems with his new found 3pt stroke and solid D) for DJJ and a bunch of trash. I am not a fan of KO at all, an expiring contract literally means nothing to Minnesota if they can't move before it expires(which they really can't, unless it's moved solo due to cap restricitons). I mean, you can overvalue your players all you want, but you have to understand that it's a two-way street. I think the Wolves can do significantly better for RoCo and I am not so sure they are in a hurry to move Dieng anymore.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Right now I think the wolves are set on getting DLo which they want to use Covington for. I think those talks will die because the warriors can package Dlo and their pick (after the draft I believe or maybe just after they see where it lands) for a much better offer than anything they can get from the wolves outside of Towns imo. It doesn’t make sense to me for the warriors to deal with the Wolves, maybe if they bring in Covington and then grt culver and other young pieces to move for another star big? Idk, I think those talks die eventually.
    I agree with you there, I am not sure the Wolves have or are willing to spend the ammunition required to actually get DLo, and GS will likely have more choices in the offseason. I don't necessarily think they can do a lot better. Name a player that fits with GS core, that they can attain for DLo plus a pick. I am trying to think of an all-star caliber player that would work well with Curry, Thomson and Dre from a team that would want Russel back and I can't really come-up with many. JRue if they are willing to play small with Curry at the 2 and Thompson at the 3. Someone from Philly, maybe some deal around Harris, but is he better than RoCo? RoCo is about as perfect of a fit in GS as you can get, and I am not saying in a DLo trade, just in general. He fits beautifully into how they play. Well, he fits damn near anywhere, which is what makes him valuable. The only player that fits better with the GS core would be PG13 and well, Durant.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Winslow is not a younger version of RoCo. Not even close. He is awful, to say the least. He is terrible in every individual advanced metric available and to top that off he has .009 WS/48 on a team that has a win percentage of 70%. As far as Dieng goes, last year was last year. I don't want to overvalue him, his contract is hefty, but he is shooting .375% from 3 on career high 96 attempts through only 36 games. I mean, the guy has just redefined his game to be a modern(ish) big man, not to mention the fact that his contract is not only 1.5 years from expiring in a year(2021) when the free agent crop will be decent(unlike this year). You are basically saying, here Minnesota, give us RoCo(highly sought after vet on a friendly contract) and Dieng(who is overpaid, but fit's in most systems with his new found 3pt stroke and solid D) for DJJ and a bunch of trash. I am not a fan of KO at all, an expiring contract literally means nothing to Minnesota if they can't move before it expires(which they really can't, unless it's moved solo due to cap restricitons). I mean, you can overvalue your players all you want, but you have to understand that it's a two-way street. I think the Wolves can do significantly better for RoCo and I am not so sure they are in a hurry to move Dieng anymore.
    I think our record is definitely better if we have Winslow this year as opposed to him being out injured. I’d say probably knock 3 losses off our record I’d say. He takes our defense to another level and that’s where we’ve lacked lately. He’s definitely a lot better than you’re making it out to be, reporters like Zach Lowe say we’re one piece away and their sources say we’re searching hard but they also say Winslow might be that one piece because of what he adds to this team. I think it’s best for both sides to move on but if not and Winslow is healthy im more than happy to keep him. He’s very versatile.

I agree with you there, I am not sure the Wolves have or are willing to spend the ammunition required to actually get DLo, and GS will likely have more choices in the offseason. I don't necessarily think they can do a lot better. Name a player that fits with GS core, that they can attain for DLo plus a pick. I am trying to think of an all-star caliber player that would work well with Curry, Thomson and Dre from a team that would want Russel back and I can't really come-up with many. JRue if they are willing to play small with Curry at the 2 and Thompson at the 3. Someone from Philly, maybe some deal around Harris, but is he better than RoCo? RoCo is about as perfect of a fit in GS as you can get, and I am not saying in a DLo trade, just in general. He fits beautifully into how they play. Well, he fits damn near anywhere, which is what makes him valuable. The only player that fits better with the GS core would be PG13 and well, Durant.
    He’s a perfect fit anywhere honestly but keep in mind Dlo was an all star already and that pick is going to be top 5 so it’s not just any first rounder.

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast