Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 807
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I've never really understood some fans perspectives of things like this that they are somehow 'helping' a team with something like that. Especially the contracts Miami has to offer, because only 2 are expiring at the end of the year. And I think it's going to be true almost any trade Miami tries to make; because one think we're starting to see about teams is they are becoming more disciplined about not taking extra years on deals unless they are really benefiting from it. Plus if I were a team dealing with Miami as a GM, I'd be careful because outside of Butler for JRich, this team is the same as last years, and last year a lot of these guys struggled.
    This team isnít the same as last year though. We have 2 of the top 3 rookies this year, Bam is now a starter and a focal point, Robinson is a starter and he wasnít even a rotation player last year, Meyers is new, no Whiteside to ruin everything, Dragic is in the 6 man role, we havenít even really had Winslow, DJJ has improved, Silva is showing flashes in the playing time he gets, etc. This team and the roles of the players on this team is completely different than last year and the guys are thriving.


    Like I said idc if they make a move or not although I would like to improve if possible, but Iím more than happy riding this out and adding an all star, maybe superstar, to it via free agency in 2021 after our young core has developed even more.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sumr2dk

    Does this make more sense for the Spurs? Getting a ROY candidate on a great contract with bird rights instead of Winslow. Move Winslow and another young piece who Miami is rumored to be highest on for Schroder. Thunder are looking to move guys still and I donít think the market will be high for either LMA or Schroder tbh.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    This team isnít the same as last year though. We have 2 of the top 3 rookies this year, Bam is now a starter and a focal point, Robinson is a starter and he wasnít even a rotation player last year, Meyers is new, no Whiteside to ruin everything, Dragic is in the 6 man role, we havenít even really had Winslow, DJJ has improved, Silva is showing flashes in the playing time he gets, etc. This team and the roles of the players on this team is completely different than last year and the guys are thriving.


    Like I said idc if they make a move or not although I would like to improve if possible, but Iím more than happy riding this out and adding an all star, maybe superstar, to it via free agency in 2021 after our young core has developed even more.
    You completely missed the point I was making.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sumr2dk

    Does this make more sense for the Spurs? Getting a ROY candidate on a great contract with bird rights instead of Winslow. Move Winslow and another young piece who Miami is rumored to be highest on for Schroder. Thunder are looking to move guys still and I donít think the market will be high for either LMA or Schroder tbh.
    OKC and SAS need picks in that. That give up 2 of the 3 best players in the deal.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sumr2dk

    Does this make more sense for the Spurs? Getting a ROY candidate on a great contract with bird rights instead of Winslow. Move Winslow and another young piece who Miami is rumored to be highest on for Schroder. Thunder are looking to move guys still and I donít think the market will be high for either LMA or Schroder tbh.
    I donít think OKC would be interested. Schroeder is signed for less years than Winslow and they have tax issues already.

    I think the SA part is solid. Depends on what SA thinks of Nunn and whether or not others get involved. Nunn is playing great as a rookie but heís also older and itís very possible he has a limited ceiling as just a good role player. Other teams could get involved on LMA too and maybe drove the price up. But itís a good starting point.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You completely missed the point I was making.
    You said they struggled and weíre the same team outside of Jimmy and Jrich. Weíve added new players and guys are in new roles so anything they did last year is irrelevant.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    OKC and SAS need picks in that. That give up 2 of the 3 best players in the deal.
    I agree OKC might but SA isnít getting better than a ROY candidate for LMA I can guarantee you that. KO and JJ both expire the same time as LMA so they arenít losing anything there.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I donít think OKC would be interested. Schroeder is signed for less years than Winslow and they have tax issues already.

    I think the SA part is solid. Depends on what SA thinks of Nunn and whether or not others get involved. Nunn is playing great as a rookie but heís also older and itís very possible he has a limited ceiling as just a good role player. Other teams could get involved on LMA too and maybe drove the price up. But itís a good starting point.
    You could be right on OKC for sure. I just know if Nunn is moved itís likely Winslow is thrown in the deal as well whether is all in one deal or separate deals, I just went with separate in this scenario and OKC wants to trade Dennis Adams and Gallo so I figured some young players locked in multi year deals might be a good option for them. I just donít know what the market is offering compared to this.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You said they struggled and weíre the same team outside of Jimmy and Jrich. Weíve added new players and guys are in new roles so anything they did last year is irrelevant.
    I think it's very relevant if you're a team trading for these guys and I believe that is what War was getting at. You trade for em then they go back to struggling like last season, so gotta be careful with acquiring them.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,455
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think it's very relevant if you're a team trading for these guys and I believe that is what War was getting at. You trade for em then they go back to struggling like last season, so gotta be careful with acquiring them.
    Exactly. They are might just be better because of the changes not because of the player.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,914
    I get the hype behind rookie prospects/quality cheap labor, but Nunn and Herro are getting alil overrated. Is shooting at such a premium that their inefficiency can be ignored because it spaces the floor for their best players? I guess thats valuable but only on a team that has a JB or an egalitarian system to get them open. Which I guess isn't too hard to field in today's league but the only guy I absolutely must have in a trade with Miami would be Robinson. The rest are just nice add ons.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I get the hype behind rookie prospects/quality cheap labor, but Nunn and Herro are getting alil overrated. Is shooting at such a premium that their inefficiency can be ignored because it spaces the floor for their best players? I guess thats valuable but only on a team that has a JB or an egalitarian system to get them open. Which I guess isn't too hard to field in today's league but the only guy I absolutely must have in a trade with Miami would be Robinson. The rest are just nice add ons.
    Herro wonít be moved unless itís for a legit star. What would you say his inefficiencies are though? Defense? Heís 19 and hustles so I see it getting better. His scoring package is already elite, heís shown the clutch gene in several occassions and heís a really good playmaker already. I can see what youíre saying for Nunn but not Herro.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,373
    Other trade packages I was thinking about:

    1- Toronto Raptors receive Andre Drummond
    Detroit Pistons receive Marc Gasol, Chris Boucher, Matt Thomas and Toronto Raptors 2020 1st round pick

    2- Portland Trail Blazers receive Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson

    Cleveland Cavaliers receive Hassan Whiteside, Kent Bazemore, Anfernee Simons and Portland Trail Blazers 2020 1st round pick

    3- Minnesota Timberwolves receive Kyle Kuzma and KCP

    Los Angeles Lakers receive Robert Covington and Jake Layman

    4- Miami Heat receive Marcus Morris, Sr.
    New York Knicks receive Kendrick Nunn, James Johnson and Miami Heat 2022 1st round draft pick

    5- Miami Heat receives Jrue Holiday and Darius Miller

    New Orleans Pelicans receive Justise Winslow, Goran Dragic, and Miami Heat 1st round picks for 2020 and 2021

    6- Oklahoma City Thunder receive Aaron Gordon
    Orlando Magic receive Danilo Galinari

    7- Dallas Mavericks receive DeMar DeRozan
    San Antonio Spurs receive Tim Hardaway Jr, Justin Jackson and Kleber

    8- Toronto Raptors receive JJ Redick
    New Orleans Pelicans receive Norm Powell and Toronto Raptors 2021 2nd round pick

    9- Philadelphia 76ers receive Jae Crowder
    Memphis Grizzlies receive Mike Scott, Philadelphia 76ers 2nd round pick for 2020 and Dallas Mavericks 2nd round pick which Philly owns

    10- Clippers receive Andre Igoudala
    Grizzlies receive Harkless, Mo Wagner and Detroit Pistons 2nd round pick for 2021 which the Clippers own

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Other trade packages I was thinking about:

    1- Toronto Raptors receive Andre Drummond
    Detroit Pistons receive Marc Gasol, Chris Boucher, Matt Thomas and Toronto Raptors 2020 1st round pick

    2- Portland Trail Blazers receive Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson

    Cleveland Cavaliers receive Hassan Whiteside, Kent Bazemore, Anfernee Simons and Portland Trail Blazers 2020 1st round pick

    3- Minnesota Timberwolves receive Kyle Kuzma and KCP

    Los Angeles Lakers receive Robert Covington and Jake Layman

    4- Miami Heat receive Marcus Morris, Sr.
    New York Knicks receive Kendrick Nunn, James Johnson and Miami Heat 2022 1st round draft pick

    5- Miami Heat receives Jrue Holiday and Darius Miller

    New Orleans Pelicans receive Justise Winslow, Goran Dragic, and Miami Heat 1st round picks for 2020 and 2021

    6- Oklahoma City Thunder receive Aaron Gordon
    Orlando Magic receive Danilo Galinari

    7- Dallas Mavericks receive DeMar DeRozan
    San Antonio Spurs receive Tim Hardaway Jr, Justin Jackson and Kleber

    8- Toronto Raptors receive JJ Redick
    New Orleans Pelicans receive Norm Powell and Toronto Raptors 2021 2nd round pick

    9- Philadelphia 76ers receive Jae Crowder
    Memphis Grizzlies receive Mike Scott, Philadelphia 76ers 2nd round pick for 2020 and Dallas Mavericks 2nd round pick which Philly owns

    10- Clippers receive Andre Igoudala
    Grizzlies receive Harkless, Mo Wagner and Detroit Pistons 2nd round pick for 2021 which the Clippers own
    Hell no to 4.

    5. We donít have those picks and you canít even trade back to back picks

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Hell no to 4.

    5. We donít have those picks and you canít even trade back to back picks
    I love #4

    But really how about Morris for Kelly and Robinson? You guys get a another scorer, a little tougher up front and the knicks get two guys that can actually shoot
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •