Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Would yall like some of that Horford for your C spot?
    I would love Horford and think he'd be a perfect fit. I'm not sure the teams could make a deal work though. It would take a lot away from the Clippers depth to match his salary. Would the Sixers accept a deal like ; Zubac, Harkless, McGruder, Green and our 20 1st for him? It would be tough to see the Clippers lose Trez in a deal for Horford. I'm not sure any of our young guys sweeten the pot since Shamet can't be traded back there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I love the trades especially Love to the Suns to pair up with Booker, Ayton and Rubio...the Suns would actually look legit

Really love Drummond for my Celtics which is why I hope that trade happens

Sacramento/Portland trade I love as well

Really, really love Kuzma to the Wizards to pair up with Bradley Beal and a returning John Wall when he does come back

Westbrook to the Knicks...I can't see it especially right now

Lonzo Ball ain't going anywhere and even if he did there is no way he's going to the Clippers...if anything Lonzo would probably end up on the Knicks or even the Chicago Bulls

Now Covington to the Clippers makes the most sense...ties into their defensive minded mentality for their team
    Thanks man

I agree Ball won't go to the Clippers, doubt they can get Covington for that price too, just threw my stupid ideas for my own team in there. I'd like to see Ball to the Knicks. I see the Knicks being buyers crazy as it sounds. They have some good expiring contracts to trade and there are some bloated contracts out there. I doubt Houston would trade Westbrook but if I were the Knicks that would be a guy I'd take a look at. He'd give them buzz again and might help better players sign there in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I would love Horford and think he'd be a perfect fit. I'm not sure the teams could make a deal work though. It would take a lot away from the Clippers depth to match his salary. Would the Sixers accept a deal like ; Zubac, Harkless, McGruder, Green and our 20 1st for him? It would be tough to see the Clippers lose Trez in a deal for Horford. I'm not sure any of our young guys sweeten the pot since Shamet can't be traded back there lol.
    Shamet can be traded back, it's per season. July 1st started a new season, there's no trade restriction for Shamet.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Accept Capela is 10x better
    No doubt but they both bring pretty much the same things to the table. Capela just does them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I tried a "crazy" 3-team deal in the trade machine and it worked:
    Philly Out: Al Horford, Zhaire Smith, 2021 1st, 2020 2nd
    Philly In: Robert Covington, Mo Harkless, Landry Shamet

LAC Out: Ivica Zubac, Mo Harkless, Rodney McGruder, Landry Shamet, 2020 1st (basically your out with a tweak)
    LAC In: Al Horford, Noah Vonleh, 2020 76ers 2nd

Minny Out: Robert Covington, Noah Vonleh
    Minny In: Ivica Zubac, Rodney McGruder, Zhaire Smith, 2020 LAC 1st, 2021 Philly 1st.

Philly gets some much needed spacing, Clippers get a C that fits their style really well, Minnesota gets some youth and picks that they can use or offload Wiggins with.

Philly:
    Simmons
    JRich
    Covington
    Harris
    Embiid
    Thybulle, Scott, Shamet bench

Clippers
    PBev
    PGeorge
    Kawhi
    Harrell
    Horford
    Lou Will, Vonleh, Green bench.

Minny:
    Teague
    Culiver
    Wiggins
    KAT
    Zubac
    What a trash team either way.

On another note:
    I find the possibility of a Wiggins+Filler for John Wall trade titillating.

Washington is stuck, might as well get youth on a bad contract; Minnesota needs to try something to please KAT.

Washington:
    Ish Smith
    Bradley Beal
    Andrew Wiggins
    Davis Bertans
    Rui Hachimura

Minny:
    Wall
    Culiver
    Covington
    Vonleh
    KAT

LMA, Turner, Baynes, Dieng, Marcus Morris, Valanciunas, Bamba are all guys that intrigue me next to Bam.

Holiday, Schroder, Lavine, Booker, Covington, and others are guys I have my eye on for the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    LMA, Turner, Baynes, Dieng, Marcus Morris, Valanciunas, Bamba are all guys that intrigue me next to Bam.

Holiday, Schroder, Lavine, Booker, Covington, and others are guys I have my eye on for the perimeter.
    If I'm the Heat, I wouldn't change much. Rotations shrink in the playoffs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    If I'm the Heat, I wouldn't change much. Rotations shrink in the playoffs anyway.
    If they just stayed as is Id be fine with it honestly all the way until 2021 but I think we should consolidate some of these guys in to 1 player that fits well like LMA sliding in the starting unit for Meyers. LMA has been lighting it up from 3 lately on a very high volume and hed give us an extra scorer in the frontcourt which I think we need. Meyers doesnít put much pressure on the defense and his defense sucks.

Thatís basically why I listed those bigs, they can all shoot the 3, some rebound and defend better than the others.

If they just stayed as is Id be fine with it honestly all the way until 2021 but I think we should consolidate some of these guys in to 1 player that fits well like LMA sliding in the starting unit for Meyers. LMA has been lighting it up from 3 lately on a very high volume and hed give us an extra scorer in the frontcourt which I think we need. Meyers doesnít put much pressure on the defense and his defense sucks.
    Salary wise what are the Heat sending out to match salaries in that scenario with LMA? Or is it a multi team trade.

We have multiple contract we could send, Winslow is basically a guarantee in that deal then you can give KO, JJ, Dion, or Meyers to match contracts. Iím getting the feeling Nunn will be thrown in a trade as well for a perimeter guy or maybe an even better big than LMA but Iím not sure yet. We just signed Gabe Vincent from the gleague and I feel like heís insurance on Nunn.

We have multiple contract we could send, Winslow is basically a guarantee in that deal then you can give KO, JJ, Dion, or Meyers to match contracts. Iím getting the feeling Nunn will be thrown in a trade as well for a perimeter guy or maybe an even better big than LMA but Iím not sure yet. We just signed Gabe Vincent from the gleague and I feel like heís insurance on Nunn.
    If I'm the Spurs, none of those names make that trade favorable for me. Unless there are multiple picks coming back to the Spurs.

If I'm the Spurs, none of those names make that trade favorable for me. Unless there are multiple picks coming back to the Spurs.
    I've never really understood some fans perspectives of things like this that they are somehow 'helping' a team with something like that. Especially the contracts Miami has to offer, because only 2 are expiring at the end of the year. And I think it's going to be true almost any trade Miami tries to make; because one think we're starting to see about teams is they are becoming more disciplined about not taking extra years on deals unless they are really benefiting from it. Plus if I were a team dealing with Miami as a GM, I'd be careful because outside of Butler for JRich, this team is the same as last years, and last year a lot of these guys struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I've never really understood some fans perspectives of things like this that they are somehow 'helping' a team with something like that. Especially the contracts Miami has to offer, because only 2 are expiring at the end of the year. And I think it's going to be true almost any trade Miami tries to make; because one think we're starting to see about teams is they are becoming more disciplined about not taking extra years on deals unless they are really benefiting from it. Plus if I were a team dealing with Miami as a GM, I'd be careful because outside of Butler for JRich, this team is the same as last years, and last year a lot of these guys struggled.
    Very true, I agree.

Waiters himself will require a 1st round pick to be attached to him, that will actually convey. Johnson isn't as bad but still went away from the team, I'm going to need something attached with him too.

Meyers is expiring so he can be thrown in or shipped to a 3rd team. Olynyk has a player option he might pick up and he was decent on the Celtics, just hasn't did anything since he got to the Heat, so kinda on the fence on him, value wise.

But that means Winslow is the center piece and that's just not doing it for me. He works on the heat but what position does he play on both sides of the ball for another team? As a team, I don't wanna try to figure that out, if this is the main guy I'm getting back. I want what I'm getting to be established, especially if everything else is just filler.

Ya know what you have in LMA. So either you're moving him and DD for a complete rebuild which idk if Pop would go for or you're trying to reload. I just don't feel like either can be accomplished trading with the Heat straight up, need more teams involved or just hold DD and LMA until next season this time and use them as expiring contracts.

Very true, I agree.

Waiters himself will require a 1st round pick to be attached to him, that will actually convey. Johnson isn't as bad but still went away from the team, I'm going to need something attached with him too.

Meyers is expiring so he can be thrown in or shipped to a 3rd team. Olynyk has a player option he might pick up and he was decent on the Celtics, just hasn't did anything since he got to the Heat, so kinda on the fence on him, value wise.

But that means Winslow is the center piece and that's just not doing it for me. He works on the heat but what position does he play on both sides of the ball for another team? As a team, I don't wanna try to figure that out, if this is the main guy I'm getting back. I want what I'm getting to be established, especially if everything else is just filler.

Ya know what you have in LMA. So either you're moving him and DD for a complete rebuild which idk if Pop would go for or you're trying to reload. I just don't feel like either can be accomplished trading with the Heat straight up, need more teams involved or just hold DD and LMA until next season this time and use them as expiring contracts.
    This is a 0 impact long term deal, but LMA for Marc Gasol is rather interesting.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast