Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 814
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Realistically what would you part with?
    There's no point in Miami pursuing a rental for a guy like Ingram. It would cost us a lot and all of our cheap young assets are locked up on team friendly deals or rookie deals, etc. We are much better off chasing a guy like Gallo or Drummond. Pistons aren't even looking for a 1st round pick in return anymore from what I can tell. Gallo I have no idea the asking price. I floated out Winslow + Olynyk and our 2020 and 2022 1st rounders for Gallo + Noel and our 2021 1st since OKC owns it. And since they'd be giving us back our 2021 pick we would be able to trade those 2 other picks. (I think... not sure).
    Ingram... I don't know... I'm not even going to go there. I don't know how Miami values him honestly and since he's young and made the all-star I think he'd be over valued. He's all offense, no defense. Heat aren't about that.
    BRUH

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Realistically what would you part with?
    Thatís tough because heís about to have to be maxed out but then again he may very well be worth it. Heís been very good, I honestly think he may be a young piece I wouldnít be upset going all in for.

    I would probably try Nunn Herro and a 1st and a 2nd since we donít have many picks. Iím not looking at it but itís hard to match salaries maybe send an expiring Meyers and take back a multi year deal back to help them clear some cap space.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    There's no point in Miami pursuing a rental for a guy like Ingram. It would cost us a lot and all of our cheap young assets are locked up on team friendly deals or rookie deals, etc. We are much better off chasing a guy like Gallo or Drummond. Pistons aren't even looking for a 1st round pick in return anymore from what I can tell. Gallo I have no idea the asking price. I floated out Winslow + Olynyk and our 2020 and 2022 1st rounders for Gallo + Noel and our 2021 1st since OKC owns it. And since they'd be giving us back our 2021 pick we would be able to trade those 2 other picks. (I think... not sure).
    Ingram... I don't know... I'm not even going to go there. I don't know how Miami values him honestly and since he's young and made the all-star I think he'd be over valued. He's all offense, no defense. Heat aren't about that.
    Based on what I saw were very interested and he wouldnít be a rental heíd be a long term piece.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Good on that dude. Iím sure they donít want an ******* locker room cancer on the team anyway. Theyíre playing pretty well and have $17 million tied up to that bum.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Good on that dude. Iím sure they donít want an ******* locker room cancer on the team anyway. Theyíre playing pretty well and have $17 million tied up to that bum.
    I agree, Iíve lost all respect for him. He feels entitled as **** for whatever reason.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Thatís tough because heís about to have to be maxed out but then again he may very well be worth it. Heís been very good, I honestly think he may be a young piece I wouldnít be upset going all in for.

    I would probably try Nunn Herro and a 1st and a 2nd since we donít have many picks. Iím not looking at it but itís hard to match salaries maybe send an expiring Meyers and take back a multi year deal back to help them clear some cap space.
    Man, I check ESPN PER, I check fivethirtyeight.com RAPTOR rating, I check basketball-reference.com VORP... and they all tell me similar things. People sleep on Nunn and Duncan far too much. Herro just turned 20 and is a rook and gets inconsistent minutes, tough to get a real read on him. Giving up Herro Nunn and draft picks for Ingram is crazy. Which is why I didn't even bother suggesting something because Ingram is a flashy name that gets buckets and made the all-star and I knew people would just call me biased.

    Sorry but it's rare that players that suck on defense and just light it up on offense win anything. Unless the team is built around that very idea. Getting a guy that can score and can't defend and paying him 25M a year is apparently worth Herro and Nunn who are both locked into rookie contracts allowing you to sign ANOTHER player? In what world is that good value. And they're giving you similar production (Nunn actually better production than Ingram all around). There's also team assists, rebounding, team defense, net ratings... it's not all about points.

    Go ask Harden how many rings he has. That's why guys that are great two way players like LeBron and Kawhi and Warriors with Klay,Iggie, Draymond, Steph, Durant won so many, they shot the crap out of the ball but also played defense and passed and ran the right plays and hustled, etc. Don't get me wrong, Ingram is definitely valuable, just think people are sleeping on Herro, Duncan, Nunn... it'll take a year or two for people to get used to the idea that they're good and become more household names. People don't accept you being an unknown, making little salary, and being good. They either need to have been a high draft pick or make a lot. Then people accept it.
    BRUH

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    266
    Clippers want Iguadola...and so do Lakers. They are literally fighting over him.

    DLO may get moved as well. I would like to see him stay with Warriors.

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Man, I check ESPN PER, I check fivethirtyeight.com RAPTOR rating, I check basketball-reference.com VORP... and they all tell me similar things. People sleep on Nunn and Duncan far too much. Herro just turned 20 and is a rook and gets inconsistent minutes, tough to get a real read on him. Giving up Herro Nunn and draft picks for Ingram is crazy. Which is why I didn't even bother suggesting something because Ingram is a flashy name that gets buckets and made the all-star and I knew people would just call me biased.

    Sorry but it's rare that players that suck on defense and just light it up on offense win anything. Unless the team is built around that very idea. Getting a guy that can score and can't defend and paying him 25M a year is apparently worth Herro and Nunn who are both locked into rookie contracts allowing you to sign ANOTHER player? In what world is that good value. And they're giving you similar production (Nunn actually better production than Ingram all around). There's also team assists, rebounding, team defense, net ratings... it's not all about points.

    Go ask Harden how many rings he has. That's why guys that are great two way players like LeBron and Kawhi and Warriors with Klay,Iggie, Draymond, Steph, Durant won so many, they shot the crap out of the ball but also played defense and passed and ran the right plays and hustled, etc. Don't get me wrong, Ingram is definitely valuable, just think people are sleeping on Herro, Duncan, Nunn... it'll take a year or two for people to get used to the idea that they're good and become more household names. People don't accept you being an unknown, making little salary, and being good. They either need to have been a high draft pick or make a lot. Then people accept it.
    So Ingram is a finished product and with all that length and the right system will never be a good defender? We could only hope Herro is anywhere near as good as current Ingram is one day. Nunn is 24 and I wouldnít be opposed to them selling high. I love both Herro and Nunn and it wonít happen anyways as the rumors were probably just BS but letís not act like it would be stupid to trade a 20 year old Herro for a 22 year old all star.

    Iím all for keeping all of our guys on their cheap or rookie contracts and adding to the team while keeping them all, hell Iíve been the main one advocating for that by far.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,207
    Hornets/Knicks discussing Rozier for Randle swap. Also Wizards have interests in Cavs Thompson.

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    Kennard is close to being traded to Phoenix for a 1st Javon Carter and some Okobo dude per Woj. Pretty random
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,240
    Yeah I don't think the Pelicans have any desire to move Ingram. He and Zion are the future of that franchise

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,207

  14. #569
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Man, I check ESPN PER, I check fivethirtyeight.com RAPTOR rating, I check basketball-reference.com VORP... and they all tell me similar things. People sleep on Nunn and Duncan far too much. Herro just turned 20 and is a rook and gets inconsistent minutes, tough to get a real read on him. Giving up Herro Nunn and draft picks for Ingram is crazy. Which is why I didn't even bother suggesting something because Ingram is a flashy name that gets buckets and made the all-star and I knew people would just call me biased.

    Sorry but it's rare that players that suck on defense and just light it up on offense win anything. Unless the team is built around that very idea. Getting a guy that can score and can't defend and paying him 25M a year is apparently worth Herro and Nunn who are both locked into rookie contracts allowing you to sign ANOTHER player? In what world is that good value. And they're giving you similar production (Nunn actually better production than Ingram all around). There's also team assists, rebounding, team defense, net ratings... it's not all about points.

    Go ask Harden how many rings he has. That's why guys that are great two way players like LeBron and Kawhi and Warriors with Klay,Iggie, Draymond, Steph, Durant won so many, they shot the crap out of the ball but also played defense and passed and ran the right plays and hustled, etc. Don't get me wrong, Ingram is definitely valuable, just think people are sleeping on Herro, Duncan, Nunn... it'll take a year or two for people to get used to the idea that they're good and become more household names. People don't accept you being an unknown, making little salary, and being good. They either need to have been a high draft pick or make a lot. Then people accept it.

    You can only hope that Nunn, Herro or robinson reach where Ingram is at right now. Ingram is by no means a perfect player but he is also still developing and well ahead of the guys you mentioned.

    At some point, you will have to consolidate and like Iggie said, maybe you should sell high on Nunn while you can. There isn't enough minutes for all you're young guys (much like my celtics). You're saying to keep them and sign a different guy with 25 mil? Ok cool, who's minutes is that guy taking?

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,995
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •