Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bostncelts34 View Post
    so what it sounds like, the HEAT should get LMA and Derozan for KO and Udonis Haslem.

The trade isn't going to happen. Miami would want Winslow to be the main asset in that trade, but of course the Spurs would want more young assets.

I believe Pat would hold off on trading a player like Nunn, until a star player that is unhappy demands a trade. Until then, Miami will keep building him up.

I get not wanting to give up young players with potential, but in what world would a team trade away their quality "star" players and not be looking to get young players in return to rebuild?
    You are on the money. I don't value LMA & DeMar equal to are best asset. But they are still good players, and I am sure they will find a new home somewhere.

I read Miami wanted to offer Winslow, Djj & filler contracts; but I don't know if this is true.

if you aren't willing to give up herro,nunn etc. why even discuss trades?
    I agree, because that would be insane.

Miami just has to wait until players like, LaVine, Cj, Booker, Oladipo, Beal (this off season) make themselves available & even then Miami doesn't have the draft picks.

So Miami would need 1 star player to say, I only want Miami and will only re-sign with them; or just wait until that player hits free agency.

the celtics should trade for KAT!!!!!!!!But we wont give up Tatum,Brown,Smart,langford,williams,williams,green ,waters!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    It took Jimmy saying I only want Miami when he was a free agent, & the 6ers made a trade rather then losing him for nothing. So it doesn't matter if the team has cap space or not, where ever that player wants to be, he will find away there.
    Hoooooold up a minute here. It takes two to tango in a situation like that. The Sixers were under no pressure to comply with that arrangement. Now did it work out for all sides involved that Miami had something we wanted, they wanted Butler, and were able to create another trade to make it happen? Absolutely. But yes if the Sixers told Miami that there was no way a deal was happening, Butler wouldn't be a member of the Heat right now. The Sixers didn't do the trade to "rather than lose him for nothing", they did it because Miami and Butler had no way of him getting there without it. Which is why I always wanted us to ask more, because without a roster gutting or a S&T, Jimmy wouldn't have been there.

so what it sounds like, the heat should get LMA and Derozan for KO and Udonis Haslem.

I get not wanting to give up young players with potential, but in what world would a team trade away their quality "star" players and not be looking to get young players in return to rebuild? if you aren't willing to give up herro,nunn etc. why even discuss trades?

the celtics should trade for KAT!!!!!!!!But we wont give up Tatum,Brown,Smart,langford,williams,williams,green ,waters!
    Are you trading rookie Tatum for current LMA? Because he was slightly better than rookie Herro has been so far. Nunn has been better than both.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Are you trading rookie Tatum for current LMA? Because he was slightly better than rookie Herro has been so far. Nunn has been better than both.
    1 post 3 wrong statements. Come on man.

I could stomach Nunn and Winslow for derozan. Derozan is have a hyper efficient year but spo will need to Work out spacing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    1 post 3 wrong statements. Come on man.
    Name them and back it.

Great Towns vs LMA comparison as their contracts age and skill are the exact same......

Herro and Nunn would be moved in a heartbeat for Towns, Lillard, AD, Harden, PG, Giannis, Kawhi, etc. but weíre not packaging them together for LMA who would be the 4th most impactful guy on the team at best.
    Harden is never going to be permitted to wear a HEAT jersey. Pat wouldn't trade Herro for PG either, his age...etc

Iggie... I'm going to stop right here. I can already see us not agreeing lmao

It's not you, it's me.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Name them and back it.
    He's not saying he would trade Tatum for LMA, he's making fun of you saying the Celtics would trade for him if they didn't have to give up anyone young.

Jayson Tatum across the board outperformed Herron and Nunn in his rookie season:
    Tatum - 47.5% FG, 43.4% 3P, 82.6% FT, .538 eFG, .586 TS%, 5.0 TRB, 1.6 AST, 1.0 STL, 0.7 BLK, 1.4 TOV, 19.5 USG%, 7.1 W/S, 1.0 BPM, 1.8 VORP
    Nunn - 45.9% FG, 35.2% 3P, 80.3% FT, .532 eFG, .549 TS%, 2.7 TRB, 3.5 AST, 0.9 STL, 0.2 BLK, 1.7 TOV, 23.7 USG%, 2.1 W/S, -1.8 BPM, 0.1 VORP
    Herro - 41.7% FG, 38.5% 3P, 85.1% FT, .507 eFG, .535 TS%, 4.4 TRB, 2.2 AST, 0.6 STL, 0.1 BLK, 1.8 TOV, 22.1 USG%, 1.0 W/S, -3.3 BPM, -0.4 VORP

Tatum was more efficient on a lower usage. The only thing your guys are ahead on are PPG and APG. Everywhere else they trail Tatum in his rookie year. On top of that Herro is 1 year older than Tatum was, Nunn is 5 years older than Tatum was, and STILL 3 years older than Tatum.

He's not saying he would trade Tatum for LMA, he's making fun of you saying the Celtics would trade for him if they didn't have to give up anyone young.

Jayson Tatum across the board outperformed Herron and Nunn in his rookie season:
    Tatum - 47.5% FG, 43.4% 3P, 82.6% FT, .538 eFG, .586 TS%, 5.0 TRB, 1.6 AST, 1.0 STL, 0.7 BLK, 1.4 TOV, 19.5 USG%, 7.1 W/S, 1.0 BPM, 1.8 VORP
    Nunn - 45.9% FG, 35.2% 3P, 80.3% FT, .532 eFG, .549 TS%, 2.7 TRB, 3.5 AST, 0.9 STL, 0.2 BLK, 1.7 TOV, 23.7 USG%, 2.1 W/S, -1.8 BPM, 0.1 VORP
    Herro - 41.7% FG, 38.5% 3P, 85.1% FT, .507 eFG, .535 TS%, 4.4 TRB, 2.2 AST, 0.6 STL, 0.1 BLK, 1.8 TOV, 22.1 USG%, 1.0 W/S, -3.3 BPM, -0.4 VORP

Tatum was more efficient on a lower usage. The only thing your guys are ahead on are PPG and APG. Everywhere else they trail Tatum in his rookie year. On top of that Herro is 1 year older than Tatum was, Nunn is 5 years older than Tatum was, and STILL 3 years older than Tatum.
    Iím saying the Celtics wouldnít trade a rookie Tatum so why would we trade a rookie Herro for him? Iíd trade a young guy for him just not that young guy.

Theyíre all in different roles. Herros advanced stats would look much better if he was with the starters. Iím proud of you for posting numbers though, other Sixers fans wonít.
    Regardless itís not far off and Herro easily isnít a player you trade for LMA.

Iím saying the Celtics wouldnít trade a rookie Tatum so why would we trade a rookie Herro for him? Iíd trade a young guy for him just not that young guy.

Theyíre all in different roles. Herros advanced stats would look much better if he was with the starters. Iím proud of you for posting numbers though, other Sixers fans wonít.
    Regardless itís not far off and Herro easily isnít a player you trade for LMA.
    By no means am i saying to trade your young guys. I don't watch enough of herro and company to get a full picture of their potential. All i am saying is that if the spurs or any other teams decide to trade away their "star" players, they are going to want at least one of those guys (herro,nunn etc) along with picks and expiring. if you are not willing to give them up, then talking about a LMA trade or Derozan seems pretty pointless, just as it would in my KAT scenario.

Edit* And yes, i know its different with age/contract its just a generalized point that you need to give potential to get current talent.
    Last edited by bostncelts34; 01-18-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Hoooooold up a minute here. It takes two to tango in a situation like that. The Sixers were under no pressure to comply with that arrangement. .
    The NBA is a business first.

I see where you are about to go; but a good ran business isn't going to lose an asset for nothing.

Now did it work out for all sides involved that Miami had something we wanted, they wanted Butler, and were able to create another trade to make it happen? Absolutely.
    Ever team has an asset. The other team might not love that asset, but getting something is better then getting nothing.

So the trade was always going to go down.

But yes if the Sixers told Miami that there was no way a deal was happening, Butler wouldn't be a member of the Heat right now.
    It's not going to go down like that, unless it was bad blood between the two front offices & still then, the owner would jump in.

This is a business first. Entertainment

The Sixers didn't do the trade to "rather than lose him for nothing", they did it because Miami and Butler had no way of him getting there without it.
    No Sir!

Other teams wanted Butler that had cap space. Clippers/Kawhi wanted Butler instead of trading all those dame draft picks & players for PG; also Houston wanted butler and was willing to trade whatever for him.

You are trying to make it as your team wasn't in the weaker position trade wise or something; you don't have to look at it like that. Just look at it as 2 business have a need, and they wanted to acquire assets, instead of getting nothing. It's a win, win.

A star player is going to get to his preferred destination especially if he didn't create bad blood through behavior issues.

Which is why I always wanted us to ask more, because without a roster gutting or a S&T, Jimmy wouldn't have been there.
    I understand... But he was always going to end up in Miami, because he wanted to be in Miami.

All Star players can do this & we will be seeing more of this. Teams without cap space getting key star free agents.

what's so good about Nunn? he's like a 6"2 combo guard that has below league average production and efficiency. pretty sure that's not gonna nab u ****. those kind of players arent that hard to find. Spurs already got superior players at his position.

Hoooooold up a minute here. It takes two to tango in a situation like that. The Sixers were under no pressure to comply with that arrangement. Now did it work out for all sides involved that Miami had something we wanted, they wanted Butler, and were able to create another trade to make it happen? Absolutely. But yes if the Sixers told Miami that there was no way a deal was happening, Butler wouldn't be a member of the Heat right now. The Sixers didn't do the trade to "rather than lose him for nothing", they did it because Miami and Butler had no way of him getting there without it. Which is why I always wanted us to ask more, because without a roster gutting or a S&T, Jimmy wouldn't have been there.
    lol, didn't miami end up trading the same package to nab jimmy that they refused to move a few months prior, essentially costing them wins in the process.

miami isnt playing anyone, they can only do what teams want

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    The NBA is a business first.

I see where you are about to go; but a good ran business isn't going to lose an asset for nothing.

Ever team has an asset. The other team might not love that asset, but getting something is better then getting nothing.

So the trade was always going to go down.

It's not going to go down like that, unless it was bad blood between the two front offices & still then, the owner would jump in.

This is a business first. Entertainment

No Sir!

Other teams wanted Butler that had cap space. Clippers/Kawhi wanted Butler instead of trading all those dame draft picks & players for PG; also Houston wanted butler and was willing to trade whatever for him.

You are trying to make it as your team wasn't in the weaker position trade wise or something; you don't have to look at it like that. Just look at it as 2 business have a need, and they wanted to acquire assets, instead of getting nothing. It's a win, win.

A star player is going to get to his preferred destination especially if he didn't create bad blood through behavior issues.

I understand... But he was always going to end up in Miami, because he wanted to be in Miami.

All Star players can do this & we will be seeing more of this. Teams without cap space getting key star free agents.
    clippers never wanted butler

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    lol, didn't miami end up trading the same package to nab jimmy that they refused to move a few months prior, essentially costing them wins in the process.

miami isnt playing anyone, they can only do what teams want
    Close to it.

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast