Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    Morris is a pretty big upgrade over Patterson and Green. Gives them an alternative to playing those guys or Leonard/George at PF.
    Agreed.

Bev/PG/Kawhi/Morris/Zub is a scary line-up defensively.

MKG getting bought out. Mavs front runner to sign him.

apparently Houston tried to deal for DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    As long as you’re always on the brink of getting something good, there’s not much of a chance you’re going to get fired. If he used all of his assets now and didn’t win soon or they became busts? He might be gone. But the potential is there to do something big so he’ll keep getting the benefit of the doubt.
    Absolutely!

Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll to the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll to the Rockets.
    Just saw this and it made my day. I don't necessarily think these guys are massive difference makers, but it gives them depth and allows them to REALLY go all out on the small ball strategy. Green is an excellent small ball 5 in this system and Carroll can play either forward position, and both guys can stretch the floor.

One of the challenges of this system that I've seen so far is that guys seem to get worn out. They needed more lengthy forwards to come in and allow them to play that swarming defensive style that allows the system to be effective. I love Roco and Tucker, but they can't play 48 minutes a night. And it was putting a lot of pressure on smaller guys like House and McLemore to play bigger than they are.

There were three guys on the buyout market I was really hoping the Rockets would take a look at: Harkless, Carroll and Green. For the Rockets to land two of them makes me very, very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Just saw this and it made my day. I don't necessarily think these guys are massive difference makers, but it gives them depth and allows them to REALLY go all out on the small ball strategy. Green is an excellent small ball 5 in this system and Carroll can play either forward position, and both guys can stretch the floor.

One of the challenges of this system that I've seen so far is that guys seem to get worn out. They needed more lengthy forwards to come in and allow them to play that swarming defensive style that allows the system to be effective. I love Roco and Tucker, but they can't play 48 minutes a night. And it was putting a lot of pressure on smaller guys like House and McLemore to play bigger than they are.

There were three guys on the buyout market I was really hoping the Rockets would take a look at: Harkless, Carroll and Green. For the Rockets to land two of them makes me very, very happy.
    You watch em man, so you would know.

I just hope they get more run in the playoffs than Iso Joe and Wright did 2 years ago. Wright was obviously cut prior to the playoffs and Joe played sparingly.

Different dynamic to the team this year though. Rockets could go 12 deep if they wanted, ik not their style but they have quality depth, 2 solid pickups for sure.

im curious how jeff green does in Houston. he was so awful for us. had like one of the worst plus minus's in the entire NBA. I am especially curious about if they him at center cause we tried that a few times and our defense just got cooked when it happened. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he killed it for them and everyone looks dumb for letting the rockets get him or I wouldn't be surprised if he is just deep backup thats get basically no minutes.

Reggie Jackson to the Clippers. That team is freaking stacked, wow.

The rich get richer, they’ll win it all barring injury.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    The rich get richer, they’ll win it all barring injury.
    Agreed, idk who can take them out in 7, realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    im curious how jeff green does in Houston. he was so awful for us. had like one of the worst plus minus's in the entire NBA. I am especially curious about if they him at center cause we tried that a few times and our defense just got cooked when it happened. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he killed it for them and everyone looks dumb for letting the rockets get him or I wouldn't be surprised if he is just deep backup thats get basically no minutes.
    when's the last time green hasn't hurt his team?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Agreed, idk who can take them out in 7, realistically.
    The Celtics scare me. Bucks and Sixers are threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I agree with all 3. But I still just feel with less travel, no back to backs, more planning/strategy and when the game slows down. I can't see a team beating them 4 times in 7 games, if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Should’ve listed the Heat as a thread considering how you judge teams off net rating and Miami’s is higher than the Sixers.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2