Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McNabb

McNabb

he was good under andy reid but overrated as hell and as soon as he left andy reid he was trash at the ripe old age of what 33 in an offensive era........... they moved on from him for a reason and he really wasnt that good to begin with and had similar issues that wentz has right now with the short accuracy while being legit half as talented so why do people think mcnabb was good? How many time do we need to see andy make guys really good before we realize its the coach to a degree? if mcnabb was putting up mahomes numbers id have 0 issues but he was legit an alright QB under andy with insane amounts of help at the oline/defense/runningback positions and had alright wideouts.

McNabb was ok. Just ok. Reid is a QB whisperer, he'd make Jameis Winston a MVP calibre player, so wasn't shocking for me that he "fell off". It would be nice for Reid to win the SB now he has a QB capable of his play calling skills

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he was good under andy reid but overrated as hell and as soon as he left andy reid he was trash at the ripe old age of what 33 in an offensive era........... they moved on from him for a reason and he really wasnt that good to begin with and had similar issues that wentz has right now with the short accuracy while being legit half as talented so why do people think mcnabb was good? How many time do we need to see andy make guys really good before we realize its the coach to a degree? if mcnabb was putting up mahomes numbers id have 0 issues but he was legit an alright QB under andy with insane amounts of help at the oline/defense/runningback positions and had alright wideouts.
    Oh my...

Andy Reid is amazing, so no doubt he made McNabb better, just like hes made every QB hes had better. Mahomes is awesome, but I sorta wonder what his career would look like in Chicago with John Fox.

That said, I think people are really underselling McNabb on here. He wasn't elite, but he was definitely in that second tier of 2000s QBs. His 2001 season was ****ing insane for the time period. I think some here arent considering the time periods for offensive advancement. Sure the 2000s were significantly kinder than the 1960s for QBs, but I don't remember the rules really favoring QBs until around 2008, then in the early 2010s they started protecting every player. So while any scrub can put up 30 TDs/4000 yards in 2020, McNabb doing it in 2001 was something special. I can remember thinking 20 TDs was solid, now that's horrible.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Point blank, you're an idiot for making this post. I am far from McNabb's biggest fan, but to think he was some scrub that Andy Reid made look like an OK QB is blasphemous.

Kevin Curtis
    Todd Pinkson
    Reggie Brown
    Freddie Mitchell
    Grew Lewis
    James Thrash
    Na Brown
    Torrence Small

Yeah anyone wanna roll with those WR's. Aside from 1 season with TO he worked with nothing at WR in the 1st half of his career. And aside from a couple seasons of Maclin and DJax at the end of his career when it was clear he was winding down and injuries had taken their toll he didn't have much either. Andy might be one of the best QB coaches to ever step foot on an NFL field, but you're an idiot if you act like McNabb worked with a stacked offense.

On a vendetta to trash NFCE QBs now? First Eli is meh, now Don is trash?
    So we should expect a post about who next.....

....and of course there'll be a different round of this when your asshat Wilson doesn't win the MVP....or does
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Point blank, you're an idiot for making this post. I am far from McNabb's biggest fan, but to think he was some scrub that Andy Reid made look like an OK QB is blasphemous.

Kevin Curtis
    Todd Pinkson
    Reggie Brown
    Freddie Mitchell
    Grew Lewis
    James Thrash
    Na Brown
    Torrence Small

Yeah anyone wanna roll with those WR's. Aside from 1 season with TO he worked with nothing at WR in the 1st half of his career. And aside from a couple seasons of Maclin and DJax at the end of his career when it was clear he was winding down and injuries had taken their toll he didn't have much either. Andy might be one of the best QB coaches to ever step foot on an NFL field, but you're an idiot if you act like McNabb worked with a stacked offense.
    imagine worrying about Wideouts when he has a ****ing 3 headed monster and when he lost that monster had the 2nd best runningback/catching weapon outisde of LT in the sport? along with the best defensive Cood and a top defense year after year to help cover his *** when he couldnt score?????????? IMAGINE WORRYING ABOUT WIDEOUTS LMFAO... gtfo

again eagles fans and wideouts my god.... this year omg we have no weapons when jackson went down... ertz/god/multiple running backs etc... now yea when they got insanefly injured no question but they still had weapons.... the wideout **** for mcnabb has always been hilarious and stupid with the weapons he has had around him in terms of defense/runningbacks/coach etc.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-23-2020 at 09:34 AM.

I'd put him on the tier with Rodgers and Farve

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    I'd put him on the tier with Rodgers and Farve

you would

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    On a vendetta to trash NFCE QBs now? First Eli is meh, now Don is trash?
    So we should expect a post about who next.....

....and of course there'll be a different round of this when your asshat Wilson doesn't win the MVP....or does
    i love romo doh... kinda of ***** on your argument huh? i also love foles... what now? whoops i also loved cousins when on the skins before he **** the bed with tons of talent on the vikings.... imagine

you would
    Just for you bud

One More Time

i love romo doh... kinda of ***** on your argument huh? i also love foles... what now? whoops i also loved cousins when on the skins before he **** the bed with tons of talent on the vikings.... imagine
    I was arguing?
    I was pointing out you'd knocked two NFCE QBs in back to back days...for reasons I have no idea (how does McNabb even cross your brain at this point?)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I was arguing?
    I was pointing out you'd knocked two NFCE QBs in back to back days...for reasons I have no idea (how does McNabb even cross your brain at this point?)
    reid is in the superbowl... andy has excelled with just about if not every QB under his tenure and owens/mcnabb are currently headlines.... do you keep up on the daily news with sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Just for you bud

never said i hated it... gets me going lol

under mcnabb yes he lacks wideouts but he had a ton of runningbacks and one of the best runningbacks in terms of what LT could do in westy... then he had the goat defensive coord which favre even stated was a guy that gave him the most trouble ever and a Coach that has made every QB damn good to great to legendary under him including alex smith/garcia etc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast