Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Thatís amazing if true lol. I saw a video the other day where this dude was interviewing Brandon Bostick to talk to him about the onside kick debacle and life after football and whatnot. At one point In the interview he said that he asked MM if he was going to be released and he told him ďno we think youíre going to be a great TE for usĒ (something along those lines). Well he ends up getting released anyways and on his flight back to green bay to pack up his stuff MM was on the same flight and he said MM didnít say a single word to him or even acknowledge that he was there lol. I feel like McCarthy lacks communication skills when it comes to his players.

I think Dak has a more humble and cooperative personality that can blend better with MM. Not a bad hire, could have done worse.

In a few years if they re-up Dak AND Cooper, he'll have to work with a more patch work roster with all the loot being tied up the triplets and oline. Hard not to re-up Amari since y'all traded a 1st for him. He's going to get top 5 position money lol. Dak is going to get top 5 qb money maybe higher cuz of qb market trends lololol. I think Dak has good mettle in the post-season despite his ineffectiveness vs. the Iggles in a playoff like game. I think he lives up to the moment and pressure situations. I just don't like him as much in the regular season unless Dallas is stacked offensively. Gonna be hard to do that since him and the other triplets are off their rookie scale deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Good points. The take that McCarthy is the same as Garrett is an extremely lazy take with no critical thought to the fact these two dudes are diametrically opposite on their approach to offensive football. Just because McCarthy's relationship with the great but insufferable Aaron Rodgers whom seemingly has a personality which causes his relationships to sour with anyone in his life - see parents and grandparents and siblings, doesn't mean McCarthy cant coach. He readily admits that he made some mistakes in the later years in GB and is very self reflective on what he needs to do to improve. I think this is the best hire to continue to take Dak to the next level.

told people he was ****ing trash for years... told norm/bdawk etc for 5 years we needed to fire this *** as well at tt and dc and spend in free agency and we did it and welcome to 13-3 and 1 win away from the superbowl with a rodgers who isnt even in his prime... now imagine this team with rodgers in his prime.... good luck with mm as coach and jj and gm/owner... LOL

its cool though... it only took packer fans 5 years and nfl fans 3 years to come around on what i was saying....

on to the 49ers as underdogs with limited weapons but in rodgers i ****ing trust. Dallas... i feel so sorry for you
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-13-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Good points. The take that McCarthy is the same as Garrett is an extremely lazy take with no critical thought to the fact these two dudes are diametrically opposite on their approach to offensive football. Just because McCarthy's relationship with the great but insufferable Aaron Rodgers whom seemingly has a personality which causes his relationships to sour with anyone in his life - see parents and grandparents and siblings, doesn't mean McCarthy cant coach. He readily admits that he made some mistakes in the later years in GB and is very self reflective on what he needs to do to improve. I think this is the best hire to continue to take Dak to the next level.
    An even higher level than Dak reached under the prodigy Kellen Moore?

cant ****ing wait to see... mm run/run/pass... mm once he gets a lead at half up by 3 plays the clock the rest of the game... mm doesnt take risks... mm doesnt trust his qb... mm runs a vanilla offense and is a moron... mm will sit there at watch the clock run down with 145 left and 3 timeouts with the other team at their own 10 with no cares of trying to score before half

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I agree 100%. Thatís why I like the additions he made to the defensive coaching staff. Both Nolan and Tonsula believe in having an elite 1-tech DT. That has been a huge flaw in Marinelliís defense. I believe the Cowboys will address that position high in the draft. This is a passing league now though and thatís why I think they will end up keeping Byron Jones over Quinn. I would also expect this to be an overall heavy defensive draft.

On an offensive note I would like to see the Cowboys target Zach Ertz in free agency.
    In the regular season, passing league. Playoffs, it's a running game.

Seahawks - out, lost all their RBs to injury
    Eagles - out, Howard out with injury
    Bills - out, Singletary held to 13 rushes for 58 yards
    Patriots - out, Michel 14 rushes for 61 yards
    Ravens - out, Ingram hurt, 6 rushes for 22 yards
    Texans - out, Hyde 13 rushes for 44 yards
    Saints - out, Kamara 7 rushes for 21 yards
    Vikings - out, Cook with 9 rushes for 18 yards

A little bit of "not running because they were losing" in play there, but every team that failed to run the ball lost their playoff game. Even with teams like the Vikings where Cook was great one week and disappeared the next.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    An even higher level than Dak reached under the prodigy Kellen Moore?
    It's MM * Moore. You had better watch out man. Hurricane Rayne will be coming your way in 2020.

Iím not thrilled about this hire but he built a super staff that no nfl fan can argue with . My main concern is his offense and Nolan switching to a 3-4 without the right personnel . The fact no one has mentioned this is mind blowing. But not as mind blowing as the packer fans not knowing McCarthy did not install the offense he just called the plays . I mean get your **** together this is your team . MM said if your gonna call you have to install and I never got to do that in GB . So your opinion means nothing because your knowledge of your own team is bush league at best .

Everybody talks about Jerry Jones wanting puppets but no one mentions how MM has been given more control since Jimmy Johnson. More then Tuna . Garret had all his assistants pushed on him . This is a entirely new staff . Almost all with HC experience. And the ones who do not are predicted to be hot commodities soon especially the guy from the Aggies . That sounds like one hell of a hire .

Jones tried the super staff route to . He game Garret what was suppose to be the 4 wisemen . Kiffin, Marinelli , Callahan and Linnehan. But this is McCarthy doing the hiring for himself instead of Jones doing it for Garret . Iím more excited about the coaching staff then I am about MM himself . These guys are coming in looking to rip somebodyís throat out

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    My main concern is his offense and Nolan switching to a 3-4 without the right personnel . The fact no one has mentioned this is mind blowing.
    Every team is in nickel most of the time anyway. The difference between 4-3 and 3-4 base defense isn't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Every team is in nickel most of the time anyway. The difference between 4-3 and 3-4 base defense isn't what it used to be.
    ^this.

There used to be a day that going to the nickel as a 3-4 would mean keeping the NT on and pulling an OLB or ILB for the extra corner, mostly to help gap responsibility for run plays. But now team have moved to having the NT come off, the DEs take more IDL responsibilities, and playing with the OLBs coming close to hand in the ground. Not a true multiple front but close.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iím not thrilled about this hire but he built a super staff that no nfl fan can argue with . My main concern is his offense and Nolan switching to a 3-4 without the right personnel . The fact no one has mentioned this is mind blowing. But not as mind blowing as the packer fans not knowing McCarthy did not install the offense he just called the plays . I mean get your **** together this is your team . MM said if your gonna call you have to install and I never got to do that in GB . So your opinion means nothing because your knowledge of your own team is bush league at best .
    From my understanding heís not switching to a 3/4. They are staying in a 4/3 however they will be drafting a big 1-tech that they sorely missed under Marinelli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast