Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    The craziest part about that entire article was how the Patriots in 2017 averaged an extra 10 ppg due to penalty extended drives. 10 points is a lot in a football game. The other part I found incomprehensible was the fact that over the span reviewed we lead the NFL in drive extending plays such as penalties committed on turnovers and 3rd and long, and we led this by a significant margin over any other team. Then let me add the part where the teams we faced are also the least penalized. How is that even possible? Do teams just suddenly say hey guys we arenít going to commit any penalties today we play the Raiders. Totally baffling.
    The really astounding part to me was that players/coaches had careers that spanned pre and post Raider involvement and the penalized numbers were up during their involvement with the Raiders and lower pre and post.

Players/coaches didnít suddenly become less disciplined from their association as Raiders.

I donít believe in conspiracy in this instance, too many people would have to know and someone would spill the beans. I think probably if an official is looking through a critical eye and thinks that something is not right about how we are watched concerning penalties, maybe there is no worry to speak on it, you know, because we deserve it.

Iím surprised that some of the statistical wonks on this forum havenít spoken out about this...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    This study was evidence based research not observational opinion. There are only two possible conclusions all Raiders teams across all coaches and players across all decades have colluded to commit more penalties than any opponents or and you should know itís this one refs are being directed to call the penalties committed by one team in preference over the others penalties.

We are not Americaís favourite team we are itís favourite villain get it. Whatís the WWE equivalent The UnderTaker
    I commend whoever did the study. But there's one thing for sure, the penalties had very little to do with our win/loss record. We've had some pretty terrible teams over the last 20 years.

This blew my mind and what I have felt for years.

https://silverandblacktoday.com/2020...iders-is-real/

I'm very interested to see if any of the major media sources pickup on this study... IF they don't... doesn't that tell us that it's getting swept under the rug on purpose?

... on the flip side though, I was listening to the Silver and Black podcast yesterday (I believe it's the CBS Sports radio station out of LV,) and they were talking with the author of the article... and I was kind of bummed to learn that the author of the article is a huge Raiders fan. I know his study is in-depth and scientific, and he covers decades and decades of data... and the guy was a senior data analyst for the military decoding similar data... but the question remains, couldn't a Raiders fan use specific data to support his long growing disdain for officiating?... just trying to see things from a different point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    The really astounding part to me was that players/coaches had careers that spanned pre and post Raider involvement and the penalized numbers were up during their involvement with the Raiders and lower pre and post.

Players/coaches didnít suddenly become less disciplined from their association as Raiders.

I donít believe in conspiracy in this instance, too many people would have to know and someone would spill the beans. I think probably if an official is looking through a critical eye and thinks that something is not right about how we are watched concerning penalties, maybe there is no worry to speak on it, you know, because we deserve it.

Iím surprised that some of the statistical wonks on this forum havenít spoken out about this...
    I don't think it is as much a conspiracy as it is just ingrained in them, Raiders are bad, cheating is encouraged. If strawberry shortcake took a candy bar from the 7-11 and you caught her, you'd give her a warning and move on. If it were a Raider, you'd throw the book at him.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I don't think it is as much a conspiracy as it is just ingrained in them, Raiders are bad, cheating is encouraged. If strawberry shortcake took a candy bar from the 7-11 and you caught her, you'd give her a warning and move on. If it were a Raider, you'd throw the book at him.
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Pudding in a pie
    How would you like
    A poke in the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Pudding in a pie
    How would you like
    A poke in the eye?
    No, no sir, I don't think I would like that. Not at all.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Pudding in a pie
    How would you like
    A poke in the eye?
    For Strawberry Shortcake and Pudding in a pie, I'll take a poke in the eye...it worked for the three stooges what's a little poke in the eye among friends.

Yeah I donít think itís a league wide conspiracy. I just think itís basically the older refs telling the newcomers, ďhey watch the Raiders they hold a lot or interfere a lot, they are a dirty bunch.Ē Then itís just been passed down from gen to gen and as Wolfe said itís ingrained in the refs at this point that we are an undisciplined bunch, therefore calls will typically go against us, specifically at crucial junctures in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    for strawberry shortcake and pudding in a pie, i'll take a poke in the eye...it worked for the three stooges what's a little poke in the eye among friends.
    lmao

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123