Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,154
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Weren’t you a big Marbury fan?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love kyrie too

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I always fool myself into thinking these guys like playing. Not like winning and getting paid but actually like playing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some of them do. I don’t think Kyrie falls into that category though. With that being said I think his injury is legit but it’s probably something that certain players would play through.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,693
    The more time passes the more there’s a phrase and thought out there that bothers me:

    Kyrie said that a non surgery and surgical option was presented to him, and he chose non surgical as it was faster, but when they tell him he has to get surgery he will.

    Like that reads to me like either he needs to get surgery and is putting it off; or he’s holding himself out. Like it’s almost 8 weeks later. If he’s rehabbing it there would have been some update, not still in a holding pattern.

    Now the thought out there that bothers me:
    There’s some guessing that he’s going to come back like right before the all star game, get named an all star, play in it, then get surgery as a way to keep his personal clout up but not play without KD.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The more time passes the more there’s a phrase and thought out there that bothers me:

    Kyrie said that a non surgery and surgical option was presented to him, and he chose non surgical as it was faster, but when they tell him he has to get surgery he will.

    Like that reads to me like either he needs to get surgery and is putting it off; or he’s holding himself out. Like it’s almost 8 weeks later. If he’s rehabbing it there would have been some update, not still in a holding pattern.

    Now the thought out there that bothers me:
    There’s some guessing that he’s going to come back like right before the all star game, get named an all star, play in it, then get surgery as a way to keep his personal clout up but not play without KD.
    Melo did it that one year. I wonder if there is some incentive for the ASG. Kyrie has already missed out on like $375,000 in bonuses/incentives this season.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,693
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Melo did it that one year. I wonder if there is some incentive for the ASG. Kyrie has already missed out on like $375,000 in bonuses/incentives this season.
    I’d see it like a Jimmy Butler from two years ago when he went but refused to play. Like ok technically you had the right to be there but you are a douche for denying someone the chance to play and experience.

    That said, Kyrie still needs player, coach, media help getting in and they all have a problem with guys not playing and getting in.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11
    Irving will always be a #2 option on a team. He’s proven that even when he’s healthy that he’s not a leader.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,497
    He is a bonafide diva. Thinks of himself too highly.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,302
    Kyrie is like an annoying thot. Just stfu already, be a thot and and do thot stuff, but stop talking please.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,450
    I'm sure it's legit to a certain extent. But he's obviously milking the injury in a throw-away season, which I don't mind. He's not a leader. The Nets are better without him trying to be one.
    The Nets can ride it out this season with the overachievers, getting them some valuable experience in the playoffs or another lottery pick if they miss them. Then Kyrie comes back next season as Durant's uber-beta just like he was to LeBron. A bigger worry to me is whether they can keep Joe Harris and/or Dinwiddie in free agency.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,031
    I actually think dwindle makes a bigger impact on court then kyrie. Nets should trade Kyrie before he becomes a bad untradeble expensive contract.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,450
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I actually think dwindle makes a bigger impact on court then kyrie. Nets should trade Kyrie before he becomes a bad untradeble expensive contract.
    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Irving, Harris, Temple, Claxton and a first-round pick to the 76ers for Horford and Simmons.
    Philly clears the log jam up front and still has an elite defense around an elite game-closer in Kyrie (only four years older than Simmons, by the way), who dramatically opens up more driving lanes. Harris is basically a younger Redick, who I'm sure the 76ers wish they still had. Claxton is a nice young backup big, which they shouldn't have lost in Holmes. And there's a first-rounder. This roster has a better chance at a championship:

    • PG: Kyrie, Thybulle, Neto
    • SG: Harris, Smith
    • SF: Richardson, Ennis, Temple
    • PF: Harris, Scott, Bolden
    • C: Embiid, O'Quinn, Claxton

    Brooklyn gets a massive rising star surrounded by shooters, including a clear alpha in Durant, better-suited to his style of play. Horford's a bit older but can play both front court spots depending on matchups — appeasing him with more playing time — and provide good defense. Move Simmons to power forward, at least the rest of this season, and see what happens:

    • PG: Dinwiddie
    • SG: LeVert, Anderson
    • SF: Prince, Kurucs
    • PF: Simmons, Horford
    • C: Jordan, Allen

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,693
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Irving, Harris, Temple, Claxton and a first-round pick to the 76ers for Horford and Simmons.
    Philly clears the log jam up front and still has an elite defense around an elite game-closer in Kyrie (only four years older than Simmons, by the way), who dramatically opens up more driving lanes. Harris is basically a younger Redick, who I'm sure the 76ers wish they still had. Claxton is a nice young backup big, which they shouldn't have lost in Holmes. And there's a first-rounder. This roster has a better chance at a championship:

    • PG: Kyrie, Thybulle, Neto
    • SG: Harris, Smith
    • SF: Richardson, Ennis, Temple
    • PF: Harris, Scott, Bolden
    • C: Embiid, O'Quinn, Claxton

    Brooklyn gets a massive rising star surrounded by shooters, including a clear alpha in Durant, better-suited to his style of play. Horford's a bit older but can play both front court spots depending on matchups — appeasing him with more playing time — and provide good defense. Move Simmons to power forward, at least the rest of this season, and see what happens:

    • PG: Dinwiddie
    • SG: LeVert, Anderson
    • SF: Prince, Kurucs
    • PF: Simmons, Horford
    • C: Jordan, Allen
    That is such a pass for the Sixers and puts the Nets right in the same spacing problems the Sixers were in.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,450
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That is such a pass for the Sixers and puts the Nets right in the same spacing problems the Sixers were in.
    OK; feel free to explain why. I've explained why Kyrie's game fits better with Embiid, who will not win a championship on the same team as Simmons.
    The Nets' shooting next year would be fine. Durant's one of the best and would feed mightily off Simmons' drive and kicks. LeVert's over 40%. Prince and Horford are good. Dinwiddie isn't, but you let him walk after this trade.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,693
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    OK; feel free to explain why. I've explained why Kyrie's game fits better with Embiid, who will not win a championship on the same team as Simmons.
    The Nets' shooting next year would be fine. Durant's one of the best and would feed mightily off Simmons' drive and kicks. LeVert's over 40%. Prince and Horford are good. Dinwiddie isn't, but you let him walk after this trade.
    Kyrie is older, injury prone, and a locker room cancer. If we’re going to trade out Simmons it’s going to be fore someone that doesn’t bring that baggage.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,859
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I actually think dwindle makes a bigger impact on court then kyrie. Nets should trade Kyrie before he becomes a bad untradeble expensive contract.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I have always been a huge Spencer fan and in the regular season that maybe true. I still think Kyrie bring something unique and very valuable in a 7 game series. That said he making a real good case for people not giving a **** about him
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •