Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 14

The Wrestlemania of New Japan Pro Wrestling, Wrestle Kingdom 14 was turned into a two day event and last night was night 1.

Kazuchika Okada defeated G1 Winner Kota Ibushi to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, while Tetsuya Naito defeated Jay White to win the IWGP Intercontinental Championship. Thats means tonight/this morning Okada must face Naito in a winner takes all match.

Jon Moxley continued his crossover in New Japan and faced Lance Archer in a Texas Death Match for the IWGP US Championship. Mox won and now has a belt and is still going after Jericho's AEW Championship.

Hiromu Takahashi came back from a severe neck injury and defeated Will Ospreay to win back his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship that he never lost.

Tonight/This Morning is night two, and the biggest US story is NJPW Legend Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Chris Jericho with the stip that if Tanahashi wins, he will get to go to AEW to have a AEW Championship Match.

Will NJPW and AEW make a alliance?
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

I really hope AEW and NJPW do make an alliance, along with taking full advantage with AEW relationship with mexico's AAA promotion. AAA does lack some star power, NJPW is loaded with talent.

The AAA tag team championship were defended at All out and double or nothing. Kenny omega vs fenix for the AAA world title was mentioned on dynamite as well . I did not know this until I looked it up but kenny defended the AAA title on AEW dark in late november.

It would be cool to have a champion vs champion match, honestly I do hope something happens and we see NJPW wrestlers in AEW soon.

Too many what Ifs