We need a place to talk about games in here. We typically get off to a slow start every year, but the activity in here this season has been rough. I'm as much to blame as anyone, and I don't have the time to start a new weekly game thread every week. Let's at least start with a monthly game thread and see how it goes.

So far, not a bad start to 2020. After a solid 10-4 December that ended in a total dismantling of Denver, I was worried about the Philly game last night. But Harden and Capela were outstanding, and I was impressed with how they kept counterpunching every time Philly made a run.

Transition defense seemed like it was a problem last night (when is it now with this team?), but they outrebounded Philly and outshot them from the free throw line and 3-point line. I did think it was interesting that they only shot 32 3-pointers, though, but Harden and Westbrook were in attack mode all night long, and there weren't a ton of open looks for the supporting cast.

Speaking of Westbrook, I'm glad the guy had a couple of big shots in the fourth, because he had a dreadful night. That stretch in the third when he blew that wide open dunk and was forcing everything allowed Philly to climb back into a game that the Rockets could have put away early. But he was pretty good in December and looked great against Denver, so I'm going to let it slide.

I like the way the schedule works out the rest of the month. Four of their next five games are against non-playoff teams, and the playoff team is OKC. They do still have to face the Lakers, Utah, Dallas and Denver twice, but the Nuggets don't scare me, and only one of those games is the second of a back-to-back. The 2-6 seeds in the West are so tight right now; I'd love to see the Rockets have like a 12-2 or 11-3 month and take that 2 spot heading into February.