Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm not saying Sanheim and Myers together is a complete disaster, but maybe they shouldn't be together.

Even getting embarrassed at home now. Getting shut out last game to giving up 5 goals in less than half a game. Break down after break down.

and we won... what a game... our team was trash and hung hart out to dry but we won lol

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Why the hell is he useless? A mystery to all.
    This is awfully harsh. The kid's got a medical problem. I wanted Hischier, I won't lie, but I have no regrets with the pick other that it hasn't worked out for us the way we wanted. You might as well bash Lindblom for being injured.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

This team is a joke. Schenn hits Elliot and covers up expecting to get roughed up some and not a single Flyer did anything.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    This is awfully harsh. The kid's got a medical problem. I wanted Hischier, I won't lie, but I have no regrets with the pick other that it hasn't worked out for us the way we wanted. You might as well bash Lindblom for being injured.
    As Steagles (extensively) quoted before, I've never been on the Nolan Patrick train. Now that we have him, I'd like to be wrong and him to be good, but...

I'd much, much rather have any of the other four players selected in the top-5. I can't help but feel like taking Patrick was the move because that's what the "hockey men" said...but I really never saw high end skill. I saw a bigger kid that had a training & developmental advantage (because he was the son of a hockey man), who happened to bully his way through the WHL.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Patrick turns into another Getzlaf and we get him at a discount because he's been injured all the damn time.

Also, why the bloody hell did we not make a $700k offer to Kovalchuk after Lindblom went out? Isn't he *exactly* what we needed?

nbc 10 news here in philly said we are trying to trade for carter from the kings but carter would rather stay in LA lol... thoughts?

nbc 10 news here in philly said we are trying to trade for carter from the kings but carter would rather stay in LA lol... thoughts?
    i've brought up carter's name a few times before, and i still think it makes some sense. he can play PP and PK; he can play at C or LW; he's willing to shoot from any angle, at any time. he could be the steady veteran on a line with farabee and frost; or he could be the designated gunner on a line with voracek and laughton; or he might be the 4th C who plays 8 minutes per game at even strength with bunnaman and pitlick, but then excels in high leverage situations on the PP and PK.

his contract is not prohibitive, and even if he does want to retire at some point, he can be dumped off to some team that wants to hit the cap floor without spending any actual money (a la pronger to PHX).

otoh, i wouldn't be surprised if carter was reluctant to come back here. i was always one of his biggest fans (him, and: hartnell, briere, simmonds, handzus, konopka...also, for some reason, nikolai zherdev; i'm kinda weird.), but the media here treated him like *******, and the fans weren't much better. he's probably at a point in his life where he doesn't want to deal with that, when he could just stay in LA, make millions of dollars per year, live on the beach, and never have to deal with some halfassed schlag-troll named pinocchio tweeting about him being too hung over to show up to an 8AM practice.

now, all of that being said, this team needs to sell at the deadline. i'm fine with picking up carter on the cheap, but it's not a solution to any of the problems we have; it's just something that might get us closer to being able to solve the problems we have.

posted on november 21:

i have no idea what to make of this team right now. many players are underperforming in key areas, except their underlying performance is fairly strong...but then the team is managing to salvage some pretty good results, which means that even when the individual performances improve, it's likely that the team's overall performance will regress.

also possible:
    this team is actually extremely good, and if/when the individual luck evens out, they're going to go on a massive tear.
    im hopefully leaning toward the 2nd one haha.
    narrator: it was not the 2nd one.

Word is Carter doesn't want to leave LA.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Would you want to leave LA to come back to the place that made your life a living hell, then traded you to Columbus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Would you want to leave LA to come back to the place that made your life a living hell, then traded you to Columbus?
    Wouldn't want him back anyway. And I was a big a Carter fan as any when he was here. He's not a dead body yet, but who are we going to move to fit him in under the cap? Even if the Kings retain 50% I'm not even sure who we could move. The reality is we're going to have to rely on internal options and hope the kids improve down the stretch and or hope Patrick comes back at some point. The easiest solution is to dump Braun for whatever. The right move would have never been trading for him in the 1st place and save that cap for a legitimate deadline move, but such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    They aren't even remotely in the same realm of issue. Losing Lindblom hurt because h was one of our best fwds. Do we even really miss Patrick's production. I'm also not buying the company line anymore with this migraine disorder nonsense. At this point they should have been able to find a routine that works or at the very least have a plan in place. If he had an undiagnosed concussion that he played through and having post-concussion sympthoms just say so. Regardless of the truth, your medical staff looks like a joke at this point

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Good, I don't want him back either.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

carter is a desperate move that does nothing for us and does not bring us over the top.

I have no idea why we would go after him and not just call up frost. Its crazy how we went from having so much depth before the season to now having this issue. Lindblom and patrick being out made us have raffl and laughton in the top 9. Bringing frost in as the 3C brings one of them down to the 4th line where they belong, thus making us more deep.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast