Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

IGT: January "Moving up the standings"

Hopefully they can make a push towards the top of the Metropolitan.
    Last edited by lbz88; 01-16-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Right now, I'd settle for a push to show up every other road game.

We need better starts.

Why does AV refuse to call a timeout? Every damn game, it snowballs. When he can't get favorable matchups for the bottom 6, we get crushed.

Laughton with his trademark dumb penalty

shoulda drafted....

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    shoulda drafted....
    Which one? Crouse?

Give up 22 goals in 4 games, pretty impressive. This road trip was a chance to show what kind of team they really are and they probably showed it. Just embarrassing. Same ole thing once the flood gates open they just can't stop them. They need Hakstol to call that timeout in the first 5 minutes. Again our veterans just disappear. Guys making 6, 7, 8 million/year simply can't disappear for weeks at a time. Just gonna be hoping to get that last wild card spot all year. So frustrating with all the talent, I really thought they were going to be good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Which one? Crouse?
    Nah. He sucks. Clayton Keller.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Give up 22 goals in 4 games, pretty impressive. This road trip was a chance to show what kind of team they really are and they probably showed it. Just embarrassing. Same ole thing once the flood gates open they just can't stop them. They need Hakstol to call that timeout in the first 5 minutes. Again our veterans just disappear. Guys making 6, 7, 8 million/year simply can't disappear for weeks at a time. Just gonna be hoping to get that last wild card spot all year. So frustrating with all the talent, I really thought they were going to be good this year.
    But.... that's just not true.

I'd really encourage you to follow Alex Appleyard on Twitter. He's great at providing advanced stats that are timely & relevant.

For instance, the top-6 on this trip (& really, for the entire season) has been quite good from a possession & production standpoint.

Flyers have 5 of the top-70 5v5 points/60 players in the NHL this season:

TK
    JvR
    Voracek
    Couturier
    Lindblom

On this trip specifically (pre-AZ), the top-6 was on the ice for 8 of the 10 goals scored by the team. The issue isn't the top 6 (if they're generating 2 goals/game) - the issue is the bottom 6, defense & goaltending.

It's easy to blame the highly paid guys, but the reality is that they've done their jobs. It's everyone else that's not getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Nah. He sucks. Clayton Keller.
    Oh. Yes. He's good at hockey. But he went 7th overall in 2016, and we didn't pick until 18th (I think) before we traded back to 22 for Rubtsov.

So is the D hanging Hart & Elliot or is it the same old, we need goalies? I hate Dish, wish Dish & Comcast came to an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Oh. Yes. He's good at hockey. But he went 7th overall in 2016, and we didn't pick until 18th (I think) before we traded back to 22 for Rubtsov.
    Yah, not sure what Steagles was talking about.

Yah, not sure what Steagles was talking about.
    i was just being ironical. what the hell else is there to do when you're down 4-0 and the opponent just scored with .4 seconds left in a period.
    So is the D hanging Hart & Elliot or is it the same old, we need goalies? I hate Dish, wish Dish & Comcast came to an agreement.
    it's a combination of a few things:

1: bad bounces
    2: bad penalties
    3: this team can't match up against opponents that have top end skill/speed.

It's easy to blame the highly paid guys, but the reality is that they've done their jobs. It's everyone else that's not getting it done.
    giroux is on pace for 60 points this year; that's not enough.
    voracek: 16 goals. again, not good enough.
    ghost/sanheim: 24 points.
    hayes/JVR: 45 points

the team needs someone else to step up. since that's clearly not happening, the people who aren't stepping up are going to eat the blame, starting with the ones who are making 7+MM per season.

it's time to shake things up. it's time for some heads to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i was just being ironical. what the hell else is there to do when you're down 4-0 and the opponent just scored with .4 seconds left in a period.
    it's a combination of a few things:

1: bad bounces
    2: bad penalties
    3: this team can't match up against opponents that have top end skill/speed.

giroux is on pace for 60 points this year; that's not enough.
    voracek: 16 goals. again, not good enough.
    ghost/sanheim: 24 points.
    hayes/JVR: 45 points

the team needs someone else to step up. since that's clearly not happening, the people who aren't stepping up are going to eat the blame, starting with the ones who are making 7+MM per season.

it's time to shake things up. it's time for some heads to roll.
    I don't think 3 is always true -- when AV gets last change, the Flyers do pretty well, even against excellent opponents. The Flyers bottom-6 is getting thrashed, while the top-6 is holding their own or winning.

Frost should be up here. Hell, give Ratcliffe a few games. Let's see what we have before making a major move.

I'd love more production from this entire team -- no one is on pace for more than ~73 points (TK). Giroux honestly should be closer to 40 points (he's creating HDSCs that aren't getting finished & being used poorly on PP), but those should eventually turn around.

The team needs depth & some role players to step up, along with better coaching (use the damn time out, AV) and some schematic changes (less dump & chase, more controlled entries; less point shot offense, more behind the net and HDSC creation)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast