Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Just shows how much of a hypocrite the Trump administration is. Basically Trump is for sale, give him some money but more importantly stroke his ego and everything is all good no matter what you do to your people or others.

Pretty sure this resolution is basically just a verbal statement that really has no meaning to anyone other than optics. Republicans and Demacrats do this to each other constantly so they can say ďsee, they didnít support thisĒ. When ďthisĒ really meant absolutely nothing to anyone
    more unnecessary deflection.

what this does is show who Democrats support. it shouldn't be so hard to support the protestors in Iran against Iranian leaders. Democrats continue to be more supportive of Iran's leaders. this is the partisan ******** infecting Democrats, that more often find themselves against anything Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Just shows how much of a hypocrite the Trump administration is. Basically Trump is for sale, give him some money but more importantly stroke his ego and everything is all good no matter what you do to your people or others.

Pretty sure this resolution is basically just a verbal statement that really has no meaning to anyone other than optics. Republicans and Demacrats do this to each other constantly so they can say ďsee, they didnít support thisĒ. When ďthisĒ really meant absolutely nothing to anyone
    The government: hey we need to negotiate with you (Iranian government) in order to achieve any sort of outcome.

Also our government: hey we support your overthrow and removal from power.

Iran's government: man GTFO here we won't deal with you and just keep doing what we're doing.
    ____

The resolution that the Republicans support just supports the status quo because it leads to everyone heading back to their corners and that includes Iran killing people in their country.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This pretty much sums it up. Not sure how he thinks torturing and killing women and children would be a deterrent. Maybe watched too many mob movies.
    The problem is people think these extreme measures produce results and that it's a question of "how bad you want to be" in order to get the result you want. But that is not the case. Despite what shows like 24 show, those actually aren't the most effective ways of leading or getting information.

In fact, a General at West Point actually asked 24 to stop showing torture as being an effective means of obtaining information because it was having an adverse effect on Soldier's ability to obtain information. When you torture someone for information, they will give you what you want to hear to make the torture stop, even if it is a complete lie. At Army SERE school, we are taught that actually the most effective ways of extracting information is the exact opposite strategy. Think of the classic good cop/bad cop motif. The reason it's effective is not because they're afraid of what the bad cop will do, it's because in juxtaposition to the bad cop, they see the good cop as trustworthy and on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    more unnecessary deflection.

what this does is show who Democrats support. it shouldn't be so hard to support the protestors in Iran against Iranian leaders. Democrats continue to be more supportive of Iran's leaders. this is the partisan ******** infecting Democrats, that more often find themselves against anything Trump.
    The articles I read say that the Democrats rejected this resolution because they are preparing their own resolution on the same thing, which will be equally meaningless. The reason both sides do crap like this is so they can say the crap that youíre repeating. These resolutions donít show who supports the Iranian government or protesters, it shows that both sides like to play games for optics.

Itís amusing watching people feign anger at the Iranian suppression of freedom but donít hear a peep out of them about Saudi Arabia who are as bad or worse. The US policy in the Middle East is a joke and has nothing to do with freedom of people or press civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Honestly, I think you have more trust in the ideals of terrorists than you do for the people/govt of your own country and thatís sad. While I realize the US is not perfect, specifically in our foreign affairs, I donít believe in the ďpropagandaĒ from either side. I donít believe all middle easterners hate America or that they are radicalized by their religion. I also donít believe in your conspiracy theories about the US and in particular our military. The difference is, you believe propaganda, you just choose which side you believe it from.
    What ideals are those?

I didn't bring up any conspiracy theory in here. What conspiracy theory did I bring up?

What propaganda do I believe?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

From having been over there first hand, if you think there's some level of brutality so extreme it will convince our enemies to say "this is too much to fight against". I assure you, there is not.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because we are going to be attacked in either scenario? Osama Bin Laden planned and conducted 9/11 for what the US had done years ago, not what they were currently doing. Al-Qaeda had tried to blow up the WTCs in 1996. You seem to think the moment we leave the Middle East everyone who has hated us all their lives will just go "OK, let bygones be bygones". It won't work that way. We will still have to deal with some attacks until those sentiments fade.

So once they do attack, you will torture and kill that person's wife and children. That is going to create more enemies, who will then attack and you will then torture and kill their wives and children, and the cycle will continue until you have created another Army for us to fight.

I believe you believe your reasoning is flawless. But there is not a single person with a strategic bone in their body that thinks what you want to do is a good thing. You will create more enemies than you stop.
    What the strategic thinkers do now creates more enemies anyway. I fail to see how a policy which will hold fewer people accountable for the actions of terrorists will create even more enemies.

I will pose the same question to you in which Iíve posed to others, if we agree leaving the Middle East is the best scenario, what is the policy/plan if the US is attacked by terrorists again? More 20 year wars with no possible scenario to improve the Middle East?

What the strategic thinkers do now creates more enemies anyway. I fail to see how a policy which will hold fewer people accountable for the actions of terrorists will create even more enemies.

I will pose the same question to you in which Iíve posed to others, if we agree leaving the Middle East is the best scenario, what is the policy/plan if the US is attacked by terrorists again? More 20 year wars with no possible scenario to improve the Middle East?
    What would our policy be if we found out that Canada or Bolivia MIGHT do something? Why don't we get the **** out and then worry about attacks that MIGHT happen WHEN they happen?

Of course the policy would be to defend ourselves if we're attacked. But as it stands right now, we have not been attacked like we were on 9/11 since 9/11. No group besides al-Qaeda has done so. No one in Iran or Iraq has attacked our homeland.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

It's a good question. I'd say something along the lines of assisting allied nations in the region via intelligence, logistical assets, and weapons to target and disrupt terrorist capabilities and activities while avoiding direct US involvement and confrontation in the region.

What I don't suggest is torturing family members who did not carry out or commit attacks against the US.

Honestly, I think you have more trust in the ideals of terrorists than you do for the people/govt of your own country and thatís sad. While I realize the US is not perfect, specifically in our foreign affairs, I donít believe in the ďpropagandaĒ from either side. I donít believe all middle easterners hate America or that they are radicalized by their religion. I also donít believe in your conspiracy theories about the US and in particular our military. The difference is, you believe propaganda, you just choose which side you believe it from.
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What ideals are those?

I didn't bring up any conspiracy theory in here. What conspiracy theory did I bring up?

What propaganda do I believe?
    That was a pretty heavy accusation of you to throw out without substantiating..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Saw this the other day and since it was sports related, thought it might be enjoyable.

Trump starting a war with Iran may well mean the end of the human race, but on the plus side, Liverpool won't win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That was a pretty heavy accusation of you to throw out without substantiating..

Dude, don't sweat it. It is the oldest trick in the book. If you don't believe as I do, you are unamerican. It some deflects in you that is the problem that preventing you from agreeing with him.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-16-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Saw this the other day and since it was sports related, thought it might be enjoyable.
    Soccer is not a sport

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

this tweet from CNN's Jake Tapper doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Dude, don't sweat it. It is the oldest trick in the book. If you don't believe as I do, you are unamerican. It some deflects in you that is the problem that preventing you from agreeing with him.
    I'm just curious what ideals of the terrorists I trust in, lol

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast