Tue. 7 vs. Colorado Avalanche 7:30 PM ET
    Thu. 9 vs. New Jersey Devils ——-7:00 PM ET
    Sat. 11 at St. Louis Blues 8:00 PM ET
    Mon. 13 vs. New York Islanders 7:00 PM ET
    Thu. 16 at New York Islanders ———7:00 PM ET
    Sun. 19 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 7:00 PM ET
    Tue. 21 vs. New York Islanders 7:00 PM ET
    Fri. 31 vs. Detroit Red Wings ——-7:00 PM ET

Geez Louise a 5 on 3 short handed goal? I don't know I've ever seen that before.. And our D seems to be awful
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 01-03-2020 at 07:49 AM.

That loss to the Flames made me sick. The Rangers puck handling was terrible. The Defense is atrocious. I'm sorry but coach Quinn running Trouba out there for a lot of minutes is now coming back to bite him.

Time to sell. Goodbye Kreider. Goodbye Strome. Goodbye Fast. It sucks that the Rangers can't move or buy out Staal and Smith.

Everyone is questioning why Quinn benched Kakko after his 2 point night in favor of McKegg at the end of the game.

January 2020 SCHEDULE AND Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Everyone is questioning why Quinn benched Kakko after his 2 point night in favor of McKegg at the end of the game.
    Sitting Kakko in favor of McKegg looks bad under normal circumstances, but the reality is that this is likely not a playoff team, especially with the sell off that’s coming. In my estimation, Quinn saw this as an opportunity to develop a young player the way he’s done with just about every other young player on the roster at some point. That is still his primary objective. Winning is important but development is still the priority at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinn is a young coach with an old school mentality.

If he doesn't like the way you play, he attributes it to not playing hard enough. See Lias Andersson. Basically, earn your minutes. Ok..got it.

Well if that's true...Brett Howden has 11 pts and plus/minus -7 over 40 games. Shouldn't HE be sent down for not producing? Yet Quinn continues to keep him around and give him minutes.

Now, I'm not saying the situation is THAT simple but the Kakko situation makes me head scratch. Kakko should be playing minutes with the top line because he WILL be playing there sooner or later. Also it helps get a player out of a funk.

Kakko plays alongside Kreider who is a streaky playmaker. He's primarily a guy who drives and finishes. Not exactly known for setting up his teammates. Also Buchnevich has better chemistry with Mika & Panarin because he has those freakish arms that allow him to center a pass after forechecking. Strome and Kakko really don't have any chemistry.

So you bench a kid who is showing signs of getting out of his slump at the end of the game. That really does wonders for his confidence. Does he not realize that Kakko has 16 pts in 36 NHL games while McKegg has 28 in 159 games.

Sportsnet.ca has another article of Kreider. Says should we choose to trade him Colorado, Boston, Pittsburgh and St.Louis will all be interested. Which is good for us, it just raises the return we can get.

Does Kreider get us:
    Pittsburgh—Filip Hollander & Samuel Poulin
    Boston—Trent Fredric and Jack Studnicka
    Colorado—Shane Bowers, Tyson Jost
    There’s no one on St.Louis I’d be interested in, but that’s me.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.

x

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    So you bench a kid who is showing signs of getting out of his slump at the end of the game. That really does wonders for his confidence. Does he not realize that Kakko has 16 pts in 36 NHL games while McKegg has 28 in 159 games.

Sportsnet.ca has another article of Kreider. Says should we choose to trade him Colorado, Boston, Pittsburgh and St.Louis will all be interested. Which is good for us, it just raises the return we can get.

Does Kreider get us:
    Pittsburgh—Filip Hollander & Samuel Poulin
    Boston—Trent Fredric and Jack Studnicka
    Colorado—Shane Bowers, Tyson Jost
    There’s no one on St.Louis I’d be interested in, but that’s me.

What do you guys think?
    It’s hard to say how it would affect any individual player one way or another, but Quinn has had success with that method with plenty of other players on the team, so I’m not sure it’s worth freaking out about.

As far as the Kreider return, I feel like their probably aiming for a first round pick rather than a top prospect, mostly because you don’t see too many teams willing to move guys like that, especially for a rental. The one caveat to that would be if you throw in Lias with Kreider, you might be able to get someone to night on that.

St. Louis has Jordan Kyrou, Klim Kostin, and Dominik Bokk in their system. Wouldn’t mind taking a shot with one of them. Kostin played well with Kravtsov in the WJC last year.

Winning teams' lottery picks won't yield much unless they're holding onto a horrible team's lottery pick. I'd much prefer their top prospects who are a little more developed.

I like the Rangers track record in deals with Edmonton. I'd like to re-approach Jesse Puljujarvi trade but not using Kreider. Rangers could use a big physical specimen who lives after the forecheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Winning teams' lottery picks won't yield much unless they're holding onto a horrible team's lottery pick. I'd much prefer their top prospects who are a little more developed.

I like the Rangers track record in deals with Edmonton. I'd like to re-approach Jesse Puljujarvi trade but not using Kreider. Rangers could use a big physical specimen who lives after the forecheck.
    The track record you’re talking about was with Chiarelli as GM of the Oilers. Ken Holland on the other hand has a track record of 25 straight playoff appearances in Detroit. He has already made it clear he’s not giving Puljujarvi away.

First round picks are valuable. They don’t always work out, but the more you have the better chance you have of getting a good player. This draft that’s especially true. And suppose the pick you end up with ends up being in the mid to late 20’s. Couple that with another decent pick or prospect or young goalie and you could wind up making another selection in the top half of a good draft. After moving up to get Miller, and trading for Trouba, the last two years should be a reminder that you don’t have to just stay put and make a pick.

Looks like we called up Igor Shesterkin and he's playing Tuesday night against the Av's. I've read nothing but terrific things about him,,i'm looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Looks like we called up Igor Shesterkin and he's playing Tuesday night against the Av's. I've read nothing but terrific things about him,,i'm looking forward to it
    And he’ll surely be tested against a team like Colorado. Hopefully the team can put together a decent defensive game so he doesn’t get absolutely shelled his first ever start in the league.

I'm excited to see what Igor can do. Completely different style from Henrik. He reminds me a lot of Dominik Hasek. Basically a slinky for a spine.

If the season ended today, the Rangers would have the 6th best lottery chances at the #1 pick. But let's look at it the other way, they're roughly 5-6 points from a Playoff spot (maybe). Would they go far with this D?

Embrace and invest in tomorrow.

I can't wait to see K'Andre & Nils get the call up next season.

2 things
    1. Gotta love the maturation of Tony D
    2. Great piece on NHL network tonight about why Hank should accept a trade to a contender

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast