Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Theleafsnation.com had this article:
    Doerrie: Why the Maple Leafs Can and Should Acquire Alexandar Georgiev
    JANUARY 14, 2020, 11:20 AM | RACHEL DOERRIE

Also, this is from Elliotte Friedman’s 31 thoughts: Sportsnet.ca

19. Toronto fans tweeted up a storm of Jeremy Bracco trades to get Alexandar Georgiev from the Rangers, but it will take more than that. Georgiev beat the Islanders 6-2 on Monday, and while New York is looking for a talented forward who is ready to play, they realize how good Georgiev can be.

And then there’s this:

Phil Kocher
    @PhilKocher
    "There's a sense that the #NYR will be willing to retain as much as 50% of the salary. If that's the case, and the deal is right, then you can look at some of the big dogs like the #stlblues — maybe the #Bruins — to take a run at Kreider."

@DarrenDreger
    on #PlayLikeANewYorker
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; Yesterday at 10:24 AM.

Whenever the fan base tweets up a player of theirs to move for a player of the opposing team, RED FLAGS fly up. I have no qualms on the talent of Donnie Brascoe or Bracco. He's a small speedy forward. Here's my problem. The Rangers have really speedy young guys at 6'2" while Bracco is 5'9."

Ty Ronning, son of Cliff Ronning, similar frame and style scored 61 goals for the Vancouver Giants then stunk for 4 seasons with Hartford Wolfpack. Rangers thought they had a steal.

What the Rangers need a player who is really good at face offs, lateral move/puck handling, & works well when the Rangers forecheck. Now, that translates to ONE elite Center and ONE Power forward who can rattle someone's teeth, put in 15-20 gritty muscle stuffing goals. Either one addressed during this trade season would be great.

I hope the Rangers call up Kravtsov and Rykov to beef up the forward and defense. Just a taste of things to come.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; Yesterday at 06:21 PM.

Darren Dreger
    @DarrenDreger
    ·
    13m
    Mentioned in the pregame show, the Leafs among the teams that have inquired about Rangers goalie Alexander Georgiev. No offer made. New York needs a lot to move him.

1. When is the expansion draft?
    2. Are we only allowed to protect one goaltender?

The Rangers wouldn't DARE not protect Lundqvist. If Staal has enough stroke to send native New Yorker Shattenkirk packing, Henrik has final say on everything.

On a brighter note, beating the Isles back to back felt sooooooo good!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    1. When is the expansion draft?
    2. Are we only allowed to protect one goaltender?
    Next summer (June 2021). Lundqvist would be a free agent and would not need protection unless he’s extended before then. We can only protect one goalie, but I’m pretty sure Igor is exempt because of the number of years he’s been in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking at Joe Fortunatos Twitter: he retweeted a convo with Darren Dreger where he was asked if Bracco was enough for Georgiev and if not would Johansen be enough. Dregers response was I’m not even sure if Kapanen is enough. Just imagine Kapanen with fellow Finn Kaapo on the same line or on a line with Panarin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123