Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bruins Eyeing Chris Kreider As Their Top Deadline Target
    JANUARY 20, 2020 AT 7:34 PM CDT | BY BRIAN LA ROSE 12 COMMENTS

For the past several seasons, the Bruins have headed into the trade deadline with an eye on upgrading their situation on the wing and it appears this year will be no exception. With that in mind, NBC Sports Boston’s Joe Haggerty mentions that Rangers winger Chris Kreider appears to be their top target between now and next month’s deadline.

Getting back to the Toronto trade situation: I agree losing your starting goalie and not having a competent backup could spell doom for any team.

Larry Brooks
    @NYP_Brooksie
    · 43m
    There has been a thaw in the relationship between Rangers and Lias Andersson, Post has learned. Andersson and John Davidson have been communicating directly for about the last 10 days. Andersson has begun to skate/practice with Division II Kungälvs IK, with NYR approval.

Well. Last night. From where I was sitting at the Garden, section 113 row 9 seat 11, basically the New York Rangers looked like they were competing for the right to draft Alexis Lafreniere w/o Panarin on the ice. These young players have YEARS to go before they can be counted on to contribute regularly on a top line.

I just want to let you know, most of the 42 shots the Rangers unloaded on Greiss were spot on with good vision where he had little problem handling.

The same cannot be said for Alexander Georgiev, whose stock is probably right around what the Rangers got for Cam Talbot. The Isles FINALLY figured this guy out. They had 2 goals on just 6 shots in the first period. The route was ON!

The Rangers made it interesting, scoring 2 goals after pulling the goalie with 5:26 remaining. The Isles kept missing the empty net. At the end of the day, the Rangers are VERY much an underdeveloped team.

Without a doubt, I'm ready for the Rangers to sell. This team can skate north/south well but they cannot forecheck.

Trade Kreider (who face was on a milk carton last night), Buchnevich (largely invisible on the offense), Georgiev (slightly above average), and Strome (takes dumb penalties that turn into scores for the other team).

Hope for the best in the lottery.

As for Lias Andersson. I'd like to move him because I don't see him as anything more than a 3rd Center.

Phil Kocher
    @PhilKocher
    ·
    14h
    "Depending on what happens with Tarasenko — if he's not ready until the post season — I'd be surprised if #STLBlues doesn't make a play on Kreider and potentially the Boston #Bruins as well."

@DarrenDreger
    on #PlayLikeANewYorker
    Phil Kocher Retweeted

I believe the trade deadline is February 24th so we are 1 month away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I believe the trade deadline is February 24th so we are 1 month away.
    From what I understand(I could be wrong) we haven't even touched base with his camp on an extension. I'd be surprised if #20 wasn't dealt,also these last two losses really hurt us,not only are we losing the teams ahead of us are winning. I'd be surprised if we didn't see at least a "mini" sell-off

Yeah. This is all a matter of which direction this team is going in. Despite the additions of Panarin and Trouba, the youth are still a year or two from emerging as premiere starters.

As it stands, the Rangers are 7th worst team despite being 23-21 in the Metropolitan Division. They have to leap over A LOT of teams before they can be considered a Playoff contender.

Let's for argument sake say, the Rangers are a Playoff contender. I can't see this team going further w/o some roster changes.

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Strome is having a premiere season BUT he's done so with Panarin playing alongside. Trade him and get something back or lost him UFA.

Kreider is teasing this team again. He's 28. Looking for a long-term contract. Never scored more than 30 goals. This IS him. Trade him for big talent.

Georgiev is a good goaltender but Igor is ready and Henrik has ONE more season left. Move him. Get Talbot kind of talent or picks in return.

Jesper Fast is great scorer on penalty kills. That's pretty much it. MOVE him NOW.

Let's hope the Rangers luck out in the lottery again. This is one of the deepest NHL drafts in a long time. Rangers NEED a big-time Center who can win some face offs. The Rangers also need depth at RW. They have more big time talent to bring up next season.

Then, when the Rangers get $20M in cap space after 2021, they can hopefully add another big piece of the puzzle.

Lots of patience required with this team.

We have just “loaned” Lias Andersson to HV71 of the SHL.

In other rumors we may be interested in Minnesota’s Jordan Greenway who played for Quinn in college. May be Minnesota looking to get a draft pick, presumably a 3rd or a 4th Rd pick as Greenway plays on their 4th line and has yet to make a dent in the NHL but at 6’6” and 21 yr old and already knowing Quinn and Quinn system it may be a guy we have interest in.

I like that trade. At age 21, Jordan Greenway pummeled Brian Boyle last year. He's cutting his teeth in 2019-20 season. He's big, physical, and really good parking/redirecting shots.

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    When a starter goes down, there usually is a significant drop off and even more so in the case of the Leafs. The question is, is that insurance worth parting with a player the caliber of Kapanen who would conceivably play a pretty big role in a playoff run whereas Georgiev would ideally not have to.

There shouldn’t be any real sense of urgency for Gorton to send Georgiev on his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they don't get a capable back up they arent making playoffs. They have forwards that can replace Kapanen and to be honest I wouldn't even want him, I'd prefer a combo of Bracco and Engval.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    If they don't get a capable back up they arent making playoffs. They have forwards that can replace Kapanen and to be honest I wouldn't even want him, I'd prefer a combo of Bracco and Engval.
    If we’re being honest, I’m hoping for a bigger trade involving some combination of Strome, Buchnevich, Deangelo, and Georgiev to get a player on the level of Nylander. Can’t see that happening in season though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I agree. Rangers need another BIG piece of the puzzle. Someone who can really make that second line a monster equal to the first. Even if it means trading assets and a future UFA, it's worth it to bring in a monster forward that Chytil can rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Yeah. I agree. Rangers need another BIG piece of the puzzle. Someone who can really make that second line a monster equal to the first. Even if it means trading assets and a future UFA, it's worth it to bring in a monster forward that Chytil can rely on.
    Kakko is that guy, might take a year or two. I still have a lot of faith in Kravtsov too but after that it's pretty thin.

Kakko isn't enough. You're going to lose Kreider, Fast, and Strome. You're going to need to upgrade at least THREE positions. Who knows Buchnevich might be the 4th.

Today's NHL you NEED 3 elite lines to win. Two doesn't cut it anymore.

Now, the Rangers have ONE top line (assuming Mika can stay healthy)...

Right now, the Rangers are playing Chytil as a 3rd line Center and Howden as a 4th. That's fine but let's be clear the ONLY reason why Strome is exceeding expectations is due to the fact, he's playing alongside Panarin. That CAN'T continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Kakko isn't enough. You're going to lose Kreider, Fast, and Strome. You're going to need to upgrade at least THREE positions. Who knows Buchnevich might be the 4th.

Today's NHL you NEED 3 elite lines to win. Two doesn't cut it anymore.

Now, the Rangers have ONE top line (assuming Mika can stay healthy)...

Right now, the Rangers are playing Chytil as a 3rd line Center and Howden as a 4th. That's fine but let's be clear the ONLY reason why Strome is exceeding expectations is due to the fact, he's playing alongside Panarin. That CAN'T continue.
    Panarin having a career year too so you have to give some credit to Strome too. Strome has been good since he got to the Rangers. Fast plays with Panarin too but his point totals haven't sky rocketed, Strome is helping too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast