Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No one wants Henrik Lundqvist. He is showing his age. He makes too much. He's a different goaltender ever since the NHL forced goalies to reduce the size of the pads by 1 inch in 2018. Might not mean much but 1 inch is huge in the NHL. He's still a Hall of Famer but the rest of the league looks at him like this: In 2014, the New York Rangers were #4 best defense in the league. They had the lead going into the 3rd period of every game going during the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals. They lost 4 of 5 to the LA Kings. He can't carry a team anymore.

The 2019-20 Rangers are the second coming of the late 80s-90s Pittsburgh Penguins. They score in a hurry by pinching the defenseman...leaving one by himself with the goalie to fend for themselves. You need Igor who is part CuJo and part Hasek. Colorado unloaded 48 shots. Damn.

Tony deAngelo will be a nightmare because he's a free agent and the Rangers are strapped for cap space with multiple positions to fill.

Lastly the Lias Andersson situation is getting uglier by the minute.

Lundqvist has the remainder of the 7 mil of actual contract left this year and 5.5 mil of actual salary next year. And heís still in great shape ólook at all those twitter pics of him without a shirt. Teams know we are a rebuilding team that isnít great and he could look a lot better on another teamó-a team that actually plays defense. So Iím not worried about his trade value or finding a team whoíll take him. Itís his no trade clause that will keep him here.

One day after news that Georgiev is part of the Rangers future comes this: Tonight Elliotte Friedman says Georgiev is available for,the right price, the Rangers are not gonna just give him away. The return will cost the acquiring team a young cost controlled forward or at least a near ready forward prospect.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-12-2020 at 01:12 AM.

The Rangers were shalack'd quite handily by the defending Champs, St. Louis Blues. Nice to see Chytil and Howden get on the board but not much else to be excited about.

Very curious to see what Gorton does. Part of me wonders if he'd part with someone like Buchnevich with a prospect to bring in a piece of the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Lundqvist has the remainder of the 7 mil of actual contract left this year and 5.5 mil of actual salary next year. And heís still in great shape ólook at all those twitter pics of him without a shirt. Teams know we are a rebuilding team that isnít great and he could look a lot better on another teamó-a team that actually plays defense. So Iím not worried about his trade value or finding a team whoíll take him. Itís his no trade clause that will keep him here.
    Just my opinion,, I agree with all your points on his ability to play goal and I do think he would benefit from going to a team that has a much better chance of winning,I think it would give his career a "jump start",,, that being said (again just my opinion) if managment goes to him with the offer to deal him to a contending team I think that for the good of the organanzation (and himself) he should take it upon himself to go. He would help the BLUESHIRTS out tremendously by ridding them of his salary. I know he has earned his NTC (BTW I hate NTC'S) and earned the right to be a life long RANGER but he can take a trade can finish out his contract and come back to the organazation. He's not gong to win here,we're still a few years away,no he would not look right in another jersey but this a business,time to move on Hank for not only the sake of the RANGERS but yours as well
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 01-12-2020 at 11:49 AM.

FWI:
    Friedman reports that the asking price for Georgiev is a young roster forward or a pro-ready forward prospect. The Rangers are looking to add young building blocks up front and feel they can land one young asset by trading away another. Friedman stressed that the Rangers are just listening right now and will wait for a deal to their liking before moving Georgiev. The Fourth Periodís David Pagnotta reports that the Toronto Maple Leafs, New Jersey Devils, and San Jose Sharks are the teams rumored to be most interested in Georgiev, but are they willing to pay the asking price?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-12-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Getting back to Lundqvist: Iíve read forums where people harp about him being one of the greatest Rangers and how trading him would be a travesty, how it would look bad on the organization to trade away a fading star.... No one takes into account that of the 10 retired numbers only Richter and Gilbert played their career with the Rangers. If any thing we should be questioning why Lundqvist isnít more open to being traded to a contenderóI mean doesnít everyone want to win a cup.

Getting back to Lundqvist: Iíve read forums where people harp about him being one of the greatest Rangers and how trading him would be a travesty, how it would look bad on the organization to trade away a fading star.... No one takes into account that of the 10 retired numbers only Richter and Gilbert played their career with the Rangers. If any thing we should be questioning why Lundqvist isnít more open to being traded to a contenderóI mean doesnít everyone want to win a cup.
    Iím sure it has something to do with him and his family building their lives around the unique New York lifestyle to move to a different team for a 16 month gamble. On top of that almost no one has the salary cap space to fit him. This is what happens when you sign players entering UFA status. Keep that in mind with Kreider and Zibanejad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís that and teams that are in the playoff picture are in the playoff picture because they have very good goalies.

Fortunately the Rangers have till 2022-23 before deciding on how to accommodate Zibanejad. I don't fault Lundqvist for wanting to stay in New York. His family has a good life here. Winning isn't every thing. Next season he counts $5.5M against the cap.

Kreider: $4M
    Strome: $3.2M
    Fast: $1.9M

With $9M in cap space, what do the Rangers do? That's not much to spend.

As for the offers for Georgiev and Anderssson. The Maple Leafs have dangled Native New Yorker Jeremy Bracco, Dmytro Timashov, and a 3rd round pick.

Bracco is a speedy 5'9" forward but how is he on the forecheck? The Rangers are HORRIFIC at forechecking.

Here comes the tease...Kreider scores. Georgiev has a 0.82 GAA vs the Isles. The Rangers trounce the Isles at the Garden.

We'll see if the Rangers can keep it going. Obviously they have to play the Isles at their house.

I love everything I read about Bracco but but if heís so good why hasnít he been brought up by nowóheís a RFA at seasons end you would figure they would bring him up and see what he can do. Their HC was the HC for the Marlies and should know if heís ready or will ever be ready to come up. Heís had people like Timashov, Engvall and Mikheyov jump over him. So... Iím leaning toward no.

While the media keeps throwing it out there that we wonít be dealing since we are in the playoff hunt common sense says even if we could squeeze into the playoffs we wonít be going anywhere. So we have to make some deals because we canít re-sign everyone.

Saw an article posted in another forum from the Denver Post by Mike Chambers. On HIS OPINION of what Colorado should do about there weak goaltending. He was saying how Colorado has the cap space for and should upgrade their goalieing situation by acquiring Lundqvist. He states that their 2 best goalie prospects are 19 & 20 and 2 yrs of Lundqvist could ensure that they are developed properly and not be rushed.

Also saw some suggestions regarding Georgiev and Skjei for Nylander. Would that be enough?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-14-2020 at 05:13 PM.

I love everything I read about Bracco but but if heís so good why hasnít he been brought up by nowóheís a RFA at seasons end you would figure they would bring him up and see what he can do. Their HC was the HC for the Marlies and should know if heís ready or will ever be ready to come up. Heís had people like Timashov, Engvall and Mikheyov jump over him. So... Iím leaning toward no.

While the media keeps throwing it out there that we wonít be dealing since we are in the playoff hunt common sense says even if we could squeeze into the playoffs we wonít be going anywhere. So we have to make some deals because we canít re-sign everyone.

Saw an article posted in another forum from the Denver Post by Mike Chambers. On HIS OPINION of what Colorado should do about there weak goaltending. He was saying how Colorado has the cap space for and should upgrade their goalieing situation by acquiring Lundqvist. He states that their 2 best goalie prospects are 19 & 20 and 2 yrs of Lundqvist could ensure that they are developed properly and not be rushed.

Also saw some suggestions regarding Georgiev and Skjei for Nylander. Would that be enough?
    I would say we have a more realistic chance of trading Smith or Staal at some point in the next 13 months than we have of trading Lundqvist.

Iíd really like to see what Skjei and really all of our defensemen are capable of when theyíre not playing in this system. As of right now I donít think he and Georgiev are enough to acquire Nylander. I would say Deangelo would be the guy who would have to go to get him, and thatís a deal I donít really see happening in season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the reason itís Skjei and not ADA is because Nylander is making 6.9mil, and Toronto is up against the cap. But if itís ADA and Georgiev maybe the return is Kapanen because Kapanen is making 3.2 mil. But itís a persons suggestion because the rumor is Toronto needs D-man and a goalie.

IF the Rangers chose to amnesty/buy out Shattenkirk over Marc Staal..which still doesn't make any sense because Shattenkirk would be a great mentor to deAngelo & Fox while paired with Skjei. Then there's no way the organization is going to trade away Lundqvist. The guy is a Hall of Famer and Ranger legend.

I dunno who is going where. The Rangers have six weeks to figure it out. Word is, the Rangers are willing to eat part of Kreider's remaining in order to get a better draft pick and/or prospect/talent. That would enable him to be moved to more cap strapped upper tier teams for a top prospect and/or picks.

I'm going to assume the Rangers are going to ask for a Center in return. They're kind of thin down the middle. Chytil is developing nicely but there's also the demands of Ryan Strome as an UFA. Then there's Tony deAngelo.

Part of me wonders if Gorton is going to make some kind of package to land a significant piece of the pie. Rangers need a BIG bruising power forward who works well when the team is forechecking. Right now, this team is full of snipers. Sometimes you need the guy who can basically play like a running back rushing towards the net.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast