Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    You hate to see it...

See you soon Green Monster.

Good year. Not the way I wanted it to end but hey what you gonna do. See what happens next year. Big off-season and not because of just Brady. Does Josh leave..... Lots of older guys can be cut for space that are part of the heart of the team. People don't understand this team has played more games than anyone else the past 4 years and they are technically the oldest team in the NFL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Good... He's the damn worst

Don't let this get lost in the mix:

Atlanta got a 2nd round pick from New England for Mohamed Sanu.

26 catches. 207 yards. 1 TD.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Seems like mid-season WR trades rarely wok out.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

I said at the time it was a horrific trade value wise. I still canít fathom that they thought he was worth it.

Now, at the same time, I do expect an uptick next year. NE is a very timing based offense so it takes a lot of repetition. Sanu got hurt and had to miss games/practice. Brady has missed lots of practice with an elbow injury suffered in the Dallas game. I think with a full offseason to learn the system and practice with Brady or the new starter he will be a much more productive player. Iím looking forward to getting Atlanta level production from him next year. Thatís not worth a second round pick though so Iím still flabbergasted by that.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I said at the time it was a horrific trade value wise. I still canít fathom that they thought he was worth it.

Now, at the same time, I do expect an uptick next year. NE is a very timing based offense so it takes a lot of repetition. Sanu got hurt and had to miss games/practice. Brady has missed lots of practice with an elbow injury suffered in the Dallas game. I think with a full offseason to learn the system and practice with Brady or the new starter he will be a much more productive player. Iím looking forward to getting Atlanta level production from him next year. Thatís not worth a second round pick though so Iím still flabbergasted by that.
    It wonít be Brady throwing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It wonít be Brady throwing to him.
    Well like I said, ďBrady or the new starterĒ. Iíd be surprised if NE abandons their offensive concepts regardless of if Brady/McDaniels leave so it will still be a read and timing based offense. So having practice time to establish that I think will help Sanu. Iím not worried that heís a bum or he sucks. Certainly not worth a 2nd as Iíve been saying but Iím happy to have him on the roster next year for sure.

Well like I said, ďBrady or the new starterĒ. Iíd be surprised if NE abandons their offensive concepts regardless of if Brady/McDaniels leave so it will still be a read and timing based offense. So having practice time to establish that I think will help Sanu. Iím not worried that heís a bum or he sucks. Certainly not worth a 2nd as Iíve been saying but Iím happy to have him on the roster next year for sure.
    I canít read.

I think at this point he better be back and produce or that trade gets even worse.

I think, among other things, NE needs to really bolster the defensive line. They have a LOT of money invested in the secondary and LBs but they need more physical bodies upfront. At the beginning of the year people kept saying ďwait until they play better QBsĒ but I think what we saw was that it wasnít the better QBs that killed them, it was the better O-Line/power running games. They canít control the line of scrimmage the way you need to when you go up against that. I think they were built to have the offense take teams out of that but it wasnít happening.

Lawrence Guy is good not great. Adam Butler is a good pass rusher but not a full time player. Danny Shelton is a rotational player at best. Thatís not good enough. That unit needs to be bolstered.

Devin McCourty has talked retirement and could be cut for savings - Harmon is a more than capabale starter. Van Noy and potentially Collins are due for paydays. Jason McCourty is well paid to be our 4th CB (even though thatís more a product of a strong depth chart than him not being worth his money) and our 5th CB is a 2nd rounder. Hightower could be cut or restructured for savings. Theyíre just way over invested on the back end of their defense. Theyíre loaded with good depth and it makes sense to reinvest that in the interior DL to some extent.

Kind of brain dumping here but some offensive issues that need to be fixed:

1) IDK if itís pass blocking, hands, route running or whatever but Sony Michel absolutely needs to be developed in the passing game. They run it some absurd percentage of the time when heís in. There needs to be some element of run/pass balance with him in the game. He came out of college with a reputation of a good receiving back so I donít get the issue. It needs to be addressed though or he canít play. I think heís good but heís not a special back where it doesnít matter if teams know heís running.

2) We absolutely need a better TE. You canít have a zero out there. It needs to be someone that at least can give you a little bit.

3) The WRs need to be developed. Between Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, D. Thomas all being gone, Harry missing the first half of the year with injury, and Sanu being acquired midseason there was just no continuity at all. They canít have the position in flux all year like that. You need to develop timing with whoever the QB is.

Honestly, I wouldnít even be mad if we bring back a top 4 of Edelman/Sanu/Harry/Jacobi Meyers. If that group can establish consistency and Harry/Meyers build off their late season strides then I think it can be a solid group with good practice. A top flight addition would certainly be nice too though.

I wish this game was being played today. Not really looking forward to any of the NFC games.

1) IDK if itís pass blocking, hands, route running or whatever but Sony Michel absolutely needs to be developed in the passing game. They run it some absurd percentage of the time when heís in. There needs to be some element of run/pass balance with him in the game. He came out of college with a reputation of a good receiving back so I donít get the issue. It needs to be addressed though or he canít play. I think heís good but heís not a special back where it doesnít matter if teams know heís running.
    He's a good pass catcher and did a good amount of it.

The issue was (and I guess still is), based on scouting from Steelers beat writers and bloggers, is his pass protection is absolutely terrible. Struggles to see the blitz, slide protect, or set a good base.

Honestly, I wouldnít even be mad if we bring back a top 4 of Edelman/Sanu/Harry/Jacobi Meyers. If that group can establish consistency and Harry/Meyers build off their late season strides then I think it can be a solid group with good practice. A top flight addition would certainly be nice too though.
    With Randy Moss and then Gronk the Patriots developed a modern passing attack. Before then, during the first 2001-2004 'dynasty', it was game management, dink and dunk, and complimentary situational football.

Sans Gronk, the Pats turned the clock to 2003 and went back to playing dink and dunk complementary football, which is just another way of saying "we have no offense so we need defense and special teams to make plays for us".

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast