Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sox Lock Robert down long term

Should mean he's our opening day center fielder!

6 year deal through 2027

The #Whitesox have reached a tentative agreement on a long-term contract extension with prized prospect Luis Robert. He likely will be on the opening-day roster
    -Bob Nightengale

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Good deal

6/48 with 2 club options at 20 million each. 2 mil buyout so 6/50 guaranteed. 8/88 if both options are picked up.

We got him locked in an extra year and of course he'll be starting now opening day.

Madrigal next would be lovely, albeit for a bit less money. Maybe like 6/40 with club options going up to 8/70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, itís a good move. I would think Madrigal gets significantly less than that though if they look to extend him. Robert has way more upside. If I had to guess 6/24 and two options going up to 8/50. Similar to what we have Tim Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yeah, itís a good move. I would think Madrigal gets significantly less than that though if they look to extend him. Robert has way more upside. If I had to guess 6/24 and two options going up to 8/50. Similar to what we have Tim Anderson
    Agree with everything....Tho Id doubt he gets extended before he plays at least a year.

I'd take a flyer on Rondon, see if he's willing to take a deal similar to Anderson's? I know he's a Boras client, but he would get security no matter how he recovers from TJ....

And if he becomes fully healthy ...and pitches pain free , you'd have an ace for dirt cheap.

What a tremendous off-season. ....so far.
    Last edited by garypeters; 01-06-2020 at 12:09 AM.

I'm honestly shocked how good Hahn is. For years I thought Kenny was handcuffing him and he was one of the more underrated GMs in the league. But now that the checkbook is seemingly open and he is free to make moves, just wow.

Makes me pretty disappointed in Theo and the Cubs watching how Hahn is handling the young guys contracts. I'm still shocked Eloy took the money early, Tim Anderson made sense to me for both sides at the time, this one will probably look great as well.

Contracts are up right at the mid to end of prime years. You can trade at full value and restock, or let them expire and get 1st round comp picks. Nothing not to like about anything Hahn has done.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I'm honestly shocked how good Hahn is. For years I thought Kenny was handcuffing him and he was one of the more underrated GMs in the league. But now that the checkbook is seemingly open and he is free to make moves, just wow.

Makes me pretty disappointed in Theo and the Cubs watching how Hahn is handling the young guys contracts. I'm still shocked Eloy took the money early, Tim Anderson made sense to me for both sides at the time, this one will probably look great as well.

Contracts are up right at the mid to end of prime years. You can trade at full value and restock, or let them expire and get 1st round comp picks. Nothing not to like about anything Hahn has done.
    So you must love the Tatis trade?? Imagine him on this team!!!!

That trade will go down in history...similar to Lou Brock trade!!! And i said this before Tatis got one MLB at bat!!!

This is not all Hahn!!! He has to run things through Kenny and the baseball genius JR!

Bainsy, did you say it at the time of the trade? Most likely not. Tatis was 17 years old and coming off being the 30th ranked international prospect. Itís easy to say 2 years later it looks to be bad when all of baseball prospect evaluators vault him into their top 20, and then top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    So you must love the Tatis trade?? Imagine him on this team!!!!
    Haha, nah obviously awful deal even at the time. Everyone knew what James Shields was, you don't give up high potential for him.

Kind of similar to the Eloy trade for the Sox. They absolutely killed the Cubs in that deal, I would say that trade outweighs the bad of the Tatis. Win some lose some, that one lacked foresight for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Bainsy, did you say it at the time of the trade? Most likely not. Tatis was 17 years old and coming off being the 30th ranked international prospect. Itís easy to say 2 years later it looks to be bad when all of baseball prospect evaluators vault him into their top 20, and then top 5.
    Yes I did....I hated Shields so much ,that I said the pitcher we gave up was more then enough!!! Now obviously I did not think Jr was going to be this good...but I did NOT at the time like him in the deal!

The kid had blood lines....Why would you throw him in a deal for a has been?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast