Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

WhiteSox and Steve Cishek agree to 1yr/6 mil option for 2nd year

Nice signing!!!! I donít think anyone can complain, Sox have made some moves

Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    Nice signing!!!! I donít think anyone can complain, Sox have made some moves
    Agreed
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

This is a great under the radar signing for the Sox. Cishek has been amazing the last 2 years for the Cubs. He kind of reminds me of Chad Bradford the way he was described in Moneyball. Guy has been underappreciated for years, and I think it's delivery related.

Only worry is the use factor by the Cubs. I don't think it will be an issue though because Cubs didn't do any postseason work in the last 2 years.

Sox are killing the offseason.

Like it. We had a few solid relievers last season, but bullpens are such a crap-shoot from year to year.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Cishek should be a good signing, but just need to manage his usage. Madden borderline criminally used/abused him the last couple years.

I sure hope Renteria is up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Cishek should be a good signing, but just need to manage his usage. Madden borderline criminally used/abused him the last couple years.

I sure hope Renteria is up for this.
    Renteria actually did a good job almost all year preserving our relievers. He didnít waste Colome in many pointless outings. I think it wasnít until August or September when he finally overused Colome a bit and he had a few rough fatigue outings.

We have some potential starter turned relievers and young system relievers that could bring the power arms that we need late in games. Hamilton, Johnson, Burdi are all guys that could be up this year. 1 of Lopez, Cease, Kopech will more than likely move to the pen. And those are the luxury depth arms. We have a decent pen without those guys.