Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Ugh, DT run stopping was one of our biggest weaknesses on that line.
    They still have pretty good depth. The run defense should still be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They still have pretty good depth. The run defense should still be much better.

I hope so. I was imagining a dynamic line of McCoy, DLawrence, Griffin, Aldon Smith, Tyrone Crawford, Randy Gregory, Poe, pretty much strength everywhere. Now, they are going to count on some younger guys to really step up.

The waived McCoy but I wonder if they will sign another DT. Also with the way Clowney’s number is dropping it would funny if they signed Snacks Harrison and Clowney.

The waived McCoy but I wonder if they will sign another DT. Also with the way Clowney’s number is dropping it would funny if they signed Snacks Harrison and Clowney.

God, that would be an unbelievable line. Snacks is really good at stuffing the run and Clowney would just make it a terror with who the Cowboys already have. If Trevon Diggs can live up to the billing, they will really have something there on defense.

Damn all this activity on here is making me feel like football is back. Mccoy getting hurt was soul crushing. I was so pumped to see that front 4 do work.

Yeah, I felt like McCoy was going to do something special at that DT spot. Surely, he would have been better than whatever we had there for a long time. I always felt that was our achiles heel. People could run up the middle at will on us. Linebackers are fast, but if that middle's compromised...

Yeah, I felt like McCoy was going to do something special at that DT spot. Surely, he would have been better than whatever we had there for a long time. I always felt that was our achiles heel. People could run up the middle at will on us. Linebackers are fast, but if that middle's compromised...
    Yea I was really looking forward to seeing McCoy. They still have pretty good depth though even if they don’t sign another DT. Crawford, Gallimore, and Tristan Hill (who looks a lot better) are still there to fill that role as a 3 tech.

Yea I was really looking forward to seeing McCoy. They still have pretty good depth though even if they don’t sign another DT. Crawford, Gallimore, and Tristan Hill (who looks a lot better) are still there to fill that role as a 3 tech.

If Gallimore steps up, it would really help. Do you see any possible DTs willing to come the bargain rate of Everson Griffin/Robert Quinn (last year)? How well do you think Trevon Diggs will play? Byron James had a ton of speed to match the fast guys.

Everyone seems to forget about Woods. The Rams couldn't run the ball against us until he got hurt. Still I think they are ok with everyone they have. Never know maybe Clowney will take a discount to play here.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Everyone seems to forget about Woods. The Rams couldn't run the ball against us until he got hurt. Still I think they are ok with everyone they have. Never know maybe Clowney will take a discount to play here.
    Woods is definitely another guy in the mix. That’s why I say even though losing McCoy sucks they still have really good depth.

If Gallimore steps up, it would really help. Do you see any possible DTs willing to come the bargain rate of Everson Griffin/Robert Quinn (last year)? How well do you think Trevon Diggs will play? Byron James had a ton of speed to match the fast guys.
    I think Snacks Harrison would sign for cheap. The problem is that he’s a 1-tech DT. There are not many 3-techs available. Personally I’d love to see Snacks lined up next to Donteri Poe. The run defense would be extremely stout up the middle. It really just comes down to if Nolan thinks Snacks would work in his defense.

I’m really excited about Diggs. He might actually be that ball hawk we have been wanting in Dallas for over a decade (if not longer). He’s a big CB and should fit Nolan’s defense perfectly. Jones was stingy as a CB but was not a ball hawk. I’m ready for this defense to start creating turnovers. I’m also excited about the other kid they drafted Reggie Robinson. He’s also a big CB that I think is really going to surprise some people.

I think Snacks Harrison would sign for cheap. The problem is that he’s a 1-tech DT. There are not many 3-techs available. Personally I’d love to see Snacks lined up next to Donteri Poe. The run defense would be extremely stout up the middle. It really just comes down to if Nolan thinks Snacks would work in his defense.

I’m really excited about Diggs. He might actually be that ball hawk we have been wanting in Dallas for over a decade (if not longer). He’s a big CB and should fit Nolan’s defense perfectly. Jones was stingy as a CB but was not a ball hawk. I’m ready for this defense to start creating turnovers. I’m also excited about the other kid they drafted Reggie Robinson. He’s also a big CB that I think is really going to surprise some people.

I read somewhere that Snacks had some really good stats against the run. What do you think of Trevon's and Reggie's speed? Trevon didn't run at the combine, so I am not too sure what his actual speed. Byron Jones registered the fastest in game speed a few years ago.

I read somewhere that Snacks had some really good stats against the run. What do you think of Trevon's and Reggie's speed? Trevon didn't run at the combine, so I am not too sure what his actual speed. Byron Jones registered the fastest in game speed a few years ago.
    From what I found they both ran 4.4 in the 40. That’s adequate speed. They are both also 6’1”. That’s great size and adequate speed to be successful in the NFL. What’s going to help them be successful is the Cowboys coaching staff. Unlike when Byron was here Nolan likes to disguise his defense. Kris Richard refused to disguise his defense and preferred to just line up and play man to man. The front 7 of the Cowboys should also be much better so that should also help the secondary. Lawrence’s health is going to be a huge factor.

From what I found they both ran 4.4 in the 40. That’s adequate speed. They are both also 6’1”. That’s great size and adequate speed to be successful in the NFL. What’s going to help them be successful is the Cowboys coaching staff. Unlike when Byron was here Nolan likes to disguise his defense. Kris Richard refused to disguise his defense and preferred to just line up and play man to man. The front 7 of the Cowboys should also be much better so that should also help the secondary. Lawrence’s health is going to be a huge factor.

That sounds very exciting. Good point on the disguising the defense. I hadn't thought about that. That should force a lot of mistakes on the opponents' part. From what I read, Trevon Diggs and CeeDee Lamb have been impressing in camp. CeeDee had that one handed grab. He might give the other 2 stud receivers a run for their money.

Earl Thomas anyone? He might be available soon. He’s not the player he was but if they could get him for 1 year on like $6 mil that would be pretty good.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/...877306370?s=21

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast