Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    LOL. We signed Andy Dalton. I guess he's a decent backup.
    Big signing!
    We had Cooper Rush with zero experience. Think he had 3 career passes.
    Now for only 900 000 thousand more we have a solid backup. What a huge upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Big signing!
    We had Cooper Rush with zero experience. Think he had 3 career passes.
    Now for only 900 000 thousand more we have a solid backup. What a huge upgrade.
    I wonder if he'll end up prospering here. He's a former 3 time probowler that was stuck behind some pretty mediocre talent rosters that the Bengals cobbled together every year. Here, he has a strong line, a strong running back, 3 dynamic wide receivers and an athletic tight end. I can't believe we got him so cheap. Even mediocre backups usually command a lot of money in the past. CeeDee Lamb will open up a lot of things for Amari in the slot and also give Zeke a lot of open running lanes. That's assuming we even see football this year.

A lot of things seemed to have fallen into the Cowboys laps. Cee Dee Lamb, Trevor Diggs...even that guy they got in the 3rd round. McClay is doing a great job.

Looks like the Patriots got Cam for peanuts. They seem to be able to get players for cheap, well below their price. Hope the Cowboys are able to get Clowney.

I wonder what this new look defense will look like with Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe and HaHa Clinton Dix. They lost a good corner in Byron Jones though. Maybe one of the backup corners will step up. They seem to be going for more size rather than just speed.

I was disappointed to not come to an agreement with Dak. I think a contract would've allowed us to go get Everson Griffen or maybe even Clowney. At this point it seems like we're all set for the season assuming we have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everson Griffin. Wow.

Everson Griffin. Wow.
    He definitely fills a huge hole on that DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    He definitely fills a huge hole on that DL.

If Aldon Smith, Dontari Poe and Gerald McCoy reach close to 80% of what they were, that line's looking really good. I am liking it more and more. Didn't even realize they could afford Griffin or he'd take that amount.

If Aldon Smith, Dontari Poe and Gerald McCoy reach close to 80% of what they were, that line's looking really good. I am liking it more and more. Didn't even realize they could afford Griffin or he'd take that amount.
    Guessing Griffen is looking at what Quinn did last year and hopes to repeat what he did and get himself a nice contract the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Guessing Griffen is looking at what Quinn did last year and hopes to repeat what he did and get himself a nice contract the following year.
    Quinn sometimes looked better than DLawrence. If any of these guys pan out, the defense will be pretty exciting. This is a very interesting roster. Between CeeDee Lamb and this Everson Griffin. Not to mention Aldon Smith. I am very curious how that translates on the field. I am even curious even Andy Dalton can put up a lot of yards with these 3 receivers.

Honestly the entire front 7 has a chance to be scary good! Whatís going to be interesting is how is Nolan going to run a 4-3 defense. His preference is a 3-4 however with the addition of McCoy, Poe, and Griffen they are clearly a 4-3. Itís just going to be interesting to see how he handles running a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Honestly the entire front 7 has a chance to be scary good! Whatís going to be interesting is how is Nolan going to run a 4-3 defense. His preference is a 3-4 however with the addition of McCoy, Poe, and Griffen they are clearly a 4-3. Itís just going to be interesting to see how he handles running a 4-3.

Quinn and Maliek Collins were abysmal against the run, so McCoy and Griffin should be upgrades at the run...they are more versatile. I just remember Aldon Smith as this unstoppable all pro who was putting up phenomenal numbers before his personal problems took over. The forgotten men seem to be Tyrone crawford and that explosive rookie Neville Gallimore. And we haven't even gotten to Randy Gregory, who could probably come back because they don't suspend you for marijuana anymore.

My only real concern is the back end. Losing Byron Jones and his speed was a big deal. I wonder how Trevon Diggs and Reggie Robinson will do there. It's a passing league, so you don't want guys like Patrick Mahomes to light you up on the back end. But with that defensive line, I can see a jail break, where three or more guys are getting to the quarterback. It's not like Griffin is damaged goods. He was still playing at a high level. This Covid thing really messed with his money and he lost out on a lot of money.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...049096704?s=21

https://twitter.com/helmandc/status/...541132289?s=21

Ugh, DT run stopping was one of our biggest weaknesses on that line.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast