Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Collins to the Raiders.

We will be fighting Giants for 2nd place in EAST. Lost Jones, Collins, Witten, Cobb. Defense will be atrocious next year and will have best game manager in Dak holding out tell he rapes us for next 4 years.

Cowboys sign DT Mccoy to 3 year deal. Not player he used to be but slight upgrade over Collins if he can stay healthy.

Cowboys are set to sign safety HaHa Clinton Dix to a 1 year deal.

Travis retiring hurts. I'd guess McGovern & Looney will fight it out in camp to be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    We will be fighting Giants for 2nd place in EAST. Lost Jones, Collins, Witten, Cobb. Defense will be atrocious next year and will have best game manager in Dak holding out tell he rapes us for next 4 years.
    Don't know how your logic makes any sense. The Giants were horrible last season and will continue to be. Yes the Cowboys have lost Quinn and Jones that does hurt the D. But the acquisitions of McCoy and Dix are upgrades at both DT and Safety. They aren't done, they still are trying to sign another DT in Poe, and rumors continue that they are trying to still sign a DE. Gregory will also be coming back. The CB position will be filled in the draft.

The one position loss that will hurt is Fredrick retiring unfortunately. But with Looney resign and McGovern/Redmond having C experience this may work out as well.

But to state that we will be fighting the GIANTS for second place is ludicrous. We will be fighting the Eagles for 1st place again and head into the season as favorites.

So what do you guys think about the draft?

My opinion is if they walk away from the draft with anyone of DT Javon Kinlaw (my personal favorite), EDGE K’Lavon Chaisson, or CB CJ Henderson, then it was a great 1st round. Any one of those players would a great addition to this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No to a CB or S in the first round. Our history is horrible drafting that position in the first round.

Just grab the studs in the draft. They are more value and last longer. The Cowboys have made mistakes by drafting for need over the player that ended up to be a bigger star. I wonder what this new look defense will look like with Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe and HaHa Clinton Dix. They lost a good corner in Byron Jones though. Maybe one of the backup corners will step up. They seem to be going for more size rather than just speed. Maybe it's because they got gashed in a couple of games by running backs. The team speed did help their overall defense though.

If Dak wants Dez back, I'd tell him I'll give him $35 million a year only. As the QB for the Cowboys he gets lots of extra endorsement deals. That way there is money to sign Dez. Also, Dez would be told Cooper and Gallup are the starters and he is the 3rd WR and the first time he acts up he is gone!

Tyron Smith and a 6th to the Bucs for #14, #76, and next years 2nd and 4th. #17, #76 and their 4th next year (both picks from the Bucs) for Adams and a 6th.

Collins moves to LT
    McGovern LG
    Looney C
    Martin RG
    Williams RT

Several outlets have said that CeeDee Lamb is regarded as the most talented wide receiver in the draft. High praise. There's a lot of firepower there this season. Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Zeke, Pollard, Jarwin...
    Apparently, they had defense on their mind, but couldn't resist when Lamb unexpectedly was available at 17, where none of their mock drafts had him falling that far. I would be interested in seeing how guys can cover these 3 receivers. Lamb would probably eat up their 3rd best corner.

Still concerned about that offensive line without Frederick...and Tyron Smith not as healthy. Byron Jones will be a big loss. He didn't get a lot of interceptions, but he was great at covering.

This offense should be able to out score most teams now.

The experts so far seem to really like both of the Cowboy picks. I am intrigued to see how Diggs develops as a corner.

LOL. We signed Andy Dalton. I guess he's a decent backup.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast