Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Al Horford not happy with his role.

I will say I honestly didnít even notice him when we played the Sixers the other night.

So the old center is getting angry after signing a massive contract to play backup to a young center who's clearly much better? Let me grab my tiny violin.
    Eveyrbody knows Philadelphia's a little too big. If I'm another team, I'm going to make them take back some junk. At the very least, they're not getting young assets.
    What about a swap of Horford and Conley? Utah's had some consternation about whether Conley is the best fit. It seems like Donavan just needs to be the primary ball-handler. Horford reminds me a bit if Favors, but he's more skilled with the ball and shoots more from outside. Conley provides Philadelphia some spacing.
    Maybe if Miami wants to really go for it, they offer up some expiring contracts for Horford. I wouldn't give them any assets for him, but maybe it's worth giving up some expiring contracts while staying flexible-enough to pursue Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    So the old center is getting angry after signing a massive contract to play backup to a young center who's clearly much better? Let me grab my tiny violin.
    Eveyrbody knows Philadelphia's a little too big. If I'm another team, I'm going to make them take back some junk. At the very least, they're not getting young assets.
    What about a swap of Horford and Conley? Utah's had some consternation about whether Conley is the best fit. It seems like Donavan just needs to be the primary ball-handler. Horford reminds me a bit if Favors, but he's more skilled with the ball and shoots more from outside. Conley provides Philadelphia some spacing.
    Maybe if Miami wants to really go for it, they offer up some expiring contracts for Horford. I wouldn't give them any assets for him, but maybe it's worth giving up some expiring contracts while staying flexible-enough to pursue Giannis.
    Trading for Horford takes us out of the Giannis sweepstakes. Wonít lie, I think heís a pretty good fit next to Bam and heíd fit in well with our equal opportunity play offensively but Iím not giving up 2021 space for him. Only way I do it is if we trade for another star first and then literally just clear the Sixers cap with 1 or 2 year deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    This is horrible for the 6ers. They give up the two best players in the deal.

been telling people from game 1 that this sytem and ben simmons and the style we play is the biggest issues... people wanted to say the last 2 years that joel needs to go inside more etc and that its on him yet we bring in horford and we are doing the same thing with him... horford is used to set a screen near the perimeter or chuck 3s and deep 2.... horford and joel are handicapped because of ben and the coach

we use our centers as shooters to help out our sad pg lol

we dont pnr with horford or joel.... we dont run any plays for horford or joel... we use them to set screens and shoot 3s.... its all of our bigs... when quinn comes off the bench when joel sits he is used the exact same way.... the coach/system is the issue with how our centers are used and maybe brett is forced to run it like this because of ben.. who knows... if i am joel id demand ben be traded or he should demand out.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Yea I think if theyíre going to trade Simmons they need to go top heavy and get a top 15 player or something.

Smart/Burke
    Jrich/Sexton
    Hayward/Thyb
    Harris/Ennis
    Embiid/Oquinn

Thatís pretty damn well rounded though and they can lock up defensively and also spread the floor better

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    we dont pnr with horford or joel.... we dont run any plays for horford or joel... we use them to set screens and shoot 3s.... its all of our bigs... when quinn comes off the bench when joel sits he is used the exact same way.... the coach/system is the issue with how our centers are used and maybe brett is forced to run it like this because of ben.. who knows... if i am joel id demand ben be traded or he should demand out.
    So you think it comes to the 2 being split by the end of the summer at the latest?

The longer they stick together the older Horford gets and the worse his contract gets.

Hated this signing from the start and it's his own ****ing fault he's in this position.

Although I think the 'unmovable' thing is being pushed too much. The cap hit reduces yearly, final year is partially guaranteed:
    Only $14,500,000 guaranteed in 2022/23, HoopsHype has learned. He would get $19,500,000 guaranteed if his team makes it to the NBA Finals in 2019/20, 2020/21 or 2021/22. His 2022/23 would be fully guaranteed if his team wins the NBA championship.
    Although I think it would end up being a deal where we don't get back the value we're sending out, he's going to be fine again as the primary big for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Yea I pretty much hate it too. We get incredibly railroaded giving up Ben and Al. PSD's overreaction to Ben has gone too far IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea I pretty much hate it too. We get incredibly railroaded giving up Ben and Al. PSD's overreaction to Ben has gone too far IMO.
    ben is a very good player he is just bad for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I do not want love and especially giving up smart. They are complete opposites when it comes to game mentality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast