biggest shot
    lowest point
    best trade
    worst trade
    best player
    worst player
    biggest surprise player
    most disappointing player

Well, gonna start the new year the same way I ended the NBA season last year: Drunk, embracing with someone I don't really know, and celebrating

Raptors:

MVP: Lowry

Best Pick: Siakam

Worst Pick: Bruno Caboclo

Biggest Shot: Kawhi vs Philly Game 7... exhuming the ghosts of 2001

Lowest Point: End of 2011 season- 22-60, only had Derozan as a main developing piece (weren't sure what we were getting with Ed Davis), Bosh left the season previous season, ended the season losing to the Miami Heat by 20 points, where EDDIE ****ING House went off for like 45 on them (The Heat were resting Lebron/Wade/Bosh)
    ... Losing to Cleveland 3 straight years sucked too, but at least the team was still really good (Just were terrified of Lebron )

Worst Trade: Probably for Rudy Gay. I get why BC wanted to do this trade, but it was shown that him and Derozan had really similar games and they didn't mesh (and stagnated Demar for a little bit). The Peja trade was pretty irrelevant as a whole (he played like 3 games for us).

Best Trade: Masai has made a ton of great trades. Trading Bargnani, getting a first/powell for Vasquez, etc... but obviously the best trade he's made was the one for Kawhi/Green. It lead to a title last season for us, so there's not much debate ..... I guess second would be BC's trade for Kyle Lowry.

Best Player: Lowry. Was going back and forth between him and Demar, but he's been around during all of the Raptors contention years, is an excellent two way player, dealt with all of the pain, and delivered in the most important games in team history. Demar of course has his flaws, but he was also very responsible for the rise of Toronto, but in the end, his exit in that Kawhi trade was the last step the team needed to do to win it all.

** Also in general, Kawhi is the best overall player to play with Toronto during this decade, but it was only a single year, so I don't count it.

Worst Player: Andrea Bargnani. Not for talent (the man could play). The issue was his work ethic/motivation. When Bosh Left, Bargnani was basically placed as the new franchise player. His and Bosh's games didn't mesh too well, but with Bargnani now being the best player left, people thought that he would elevate his game (Kinda like Siakam has in Kawhi's absence). He had better range than Bosh, and we assumed that his rebounding ability (which we knew was a bit below average) would improve... We weren't asking him to be a double-double guy, but if he could get into the 7-8 range, we would be happy. His first season, his stats were 21-5-2. 5 Rebounds per game?! Jose Calderon was outrebounding him on the regular, as were many others in the league. Then we thought he would improve a little bit over the next years but it didn't... and his shooting splits just got worse, even as more pieces developed around him. It was even more frustrating cause BC absolutely REFUSED to admit failure with him, and would basically force the team to play him, or refused to consider trading him. Once Masai took over, one of his first moves was the **** with Dolan and get a first out of it

Biggest Surprise Player: Siakam. People didn't know who he was on draft day, and he started off slow. It was a huge victory to see him turn into what he became last season: a good 3-4th option who plays phenomenal defense on both the perimeter and the post (I think he was top 5-10 in a bunch of categories), but this season, he's taken another huge step. His shooting splits might be down because he's now the 1st option, but he's been terrorizing teams with his length and improved range and general great BBIQ, keeping Toronto near the top of the East with the other teams expected to pass right by them now that Leonard is gone (Boston/Philly/Milwaukee).

Most Dissapointing player: If not Bargnani, then Terrence Ross. We could have drafted Drummond (I know we had JV already, but I'm looking at asset acquisition (get more back as teams loved Drummond from the start). The goal was for him to become a 3-D starter... the Issue we had was 1. Demar and Ross were both SGs from the jump and 2. We couldn't move one of them to SF cause we had Rudy Gay. If we could've decided between the two on who was going to be what, the team could've maybe trained them likewise so they could play together (E.g. if Demar became a SF, they could train him for that position earlier on in his career or vice versa). Ross had his moments as a Raptor, but was wildly inconsistent on both the offensive and defensive end. At his best, he could hit from anywhere and lock down... but if he wasn't with it, or missed a bunch of shots early, you would see him struggle with everything. Getting Ibaka for him was another great trade from Masai.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Mvp - Joel Embiid
    best draft pick - Joel Embiid
    worst pick - Jahlil Okafor
    biggest shot - TJ McConnell game winner over the Knicks
    lowest point - The entire Andrew Bynum saga
    best trade - Elfred Payton for Dario Saric and our own pick back
    worst trade - #3 pick (Tatum) and Sac pick (Langford) for #1 pick (Fultz). Imagine if we don't do that deal. Either we still get Fultz at 3, Tatum falls to 3, or those two go 1-2 and we take Fox at 3, and keep Sac's 2019 pick. That would mean having a starting lineup that goes Fox-Richardson (assuming other trades still happen)-Tatum-Simmons-Embiid. Good luck.
    best player - Joel Embiid
    worst player - Take your pick
    biggest surprise player

• MVP: Lillard
    • Best draft pick: Lillard at sixth in 2012
    • Worst pick: C.J. at 10th in 2013 isn't bad in a vacuum, but it was mostly crap in front of him and Giannis behind
    • Biggest shot: Either Lillard series-ending three. I think the Houston one was better.
    • Lowest point: Paul Allen dies
    • Best trade: Mason Plumlee to Denver for Jusuf Nurkic and a Memphis' first-rounder
    • Worst trade: Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson and a 2016 first-rounder for Arron Afflalo and Alonzo Gee. Barton's the exact type of do-it-all wing every team wants. The pick ended up being 19th in 2016, when Denver took Malik. Pascal and LeVert were also still available.
    • Best player: See MVP
    • Worst Player: Marko Todorović
    • Biggest surprise player: C.J. McCollum
    • Most disappointing player: Meyers Leonard

EDIT: Whoops; did it for the NBA before rereading the post.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 01-01-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Well, gonna start the new year the same way I ended the NBA season last year: Drunk, embracing with someone I don't really know, and celebrating

Raptors:

MVP: Lowry

Best Pick: Siakam

Worst Pick: Bruno Caboclo

Biggest Shot: Kawhi vs Philly Game 7... exhuming the ghosts of 2001

Lowest Point: End of 2011 season- 22-60, only had Derozan as a main developing piece (weren't sure what we were getting with Ed Davis), Bosh left the season previous season, ended the season losing to the Miami Heat by 20 points, where EDDIE ****ING House went off for like 45 on them (The Heat were resting Lebron/Wade/Bosh)
    ... Losing to Cleveland 3 straight years sucked too, but at least the team was still really good (Just were terrified of Lebron )

Worst Trade: Probably for Rudy Gay. I get why BC wanted to do this trade, but it was shown that him and Derozan had really similar games and they didn't mesh (and stagnated Demar for a little bit). The Peja trade was pretty irrelevant as a whole (he played like 3 games for us).

Best Trade: Masai has made a ton of great trades. Trading Bargnani, getting a first/powell for Vasquez, etc... but obviously the best trade he's made was the one for Kawhi/Green. It lead to a title last season for us, so there's not much debate ..... I guess second would be BC's trade for Kyle Lowry.

Best Player: Lowry. Was going back and forth between him and Demar, but he's been around during all of the Raptors contention years, is an excellent two way player, dealt with all of the pain, and delivered in the most important games in team history. Demar of course has his flaws, but he was also very responsible for the rise of Toronto, but in the end, his exit in that Kawhi trade was the last step the team needed to do to win it all.

** Also in general, Kawhi is the best overall player to play with Toronto during this decade, but it was only a single year, so I don't count it.

Worst Player: Andrea Bargnani. Not for talent (the man could play). The issue was his work ethic/motivation. When Bosh Left, Bargnani was basically placed as the new franchise player. His and Bosh's games didn't mesh too well, but with Bargnani now being the best player left, people thought that he would elevate his game (Kinda like Siakam has in Kawhi's absence). He had better range than Bosh, and we assumed that his rebounding ability (which we knew was a bit below average) would improve... We weren't asking him to be a double-double guy, but if he could get into the 7-8 range, we would be happy. His first season, his stats were 21-5-2. 5 Rebounds per game?! Jose Calderon was outrebounding him on the regular, as were many others in the league. Then we thought he would improve a little bit over the next years but it didn't... and his shooting splits just got worse, even as more pieces developed around him. It was even more frustrating cause BC absolutely REFUSED to admit failure with him, and would basically force the team to play him, or refused to consider trading him. Once Masai took over, one of his first moves was the **** with Dolan and get a first out of it

Biggest Surprise Player: Siakam. People didn't know who he was on draft day, and he started off slow. It was a huge victory to see him turn into what he became last season: a good 3-4th option who plays phenomenal defense on both the perimeter and the post (I think he was top 5-10 in a bunch of categories), but this season, he's taken another huge step. His shooting splits might be down because he's now the 1st option, but he's been terrorizing teams with his length and improved range and general great BBIQ, keeping Toronto near the top of the East with the other teams expected to pass right by them now that Leonard is gone (Boston/Philly/Milwaukee).

Most Dissapointing player: If not Bargnani, then Terrence Ross. We could have drafted Drummond (I know we had JV already, but I'm looking at asset acquisition (get more back as teams loved Drummond from the start). The goal was for him to become a 3-D starter... the Issue we had was 1. Demar and Ross were both SGs from the jump and 2. We couldn't move one of them to SF cause we had Rudy Gay. If we could've decided between the two on who was going to be what, the team could've maybe trained them likewise so they could play together (E.g. if Demar became a SF, they could train him for that position earlier on in his career or vice versa). Ross had his moments as a Raptor, but was wildly inconsistent on both the offensive and defensive end. At his best, he could hit from anywhere and lock down... but if he wasn't with it, or missed a bunch of shots early, you would see him struggle with everything. Getting Ibaka for him was another great trade from Masai.
    Bargnani "the man could play" ahhh no, no he couldn't bruh lol Hense why he hasn't been in the league in some time now. Agree with everything else

I did a NBA one.

MVP: Lebron 8 straight final trips.

Best draft pick: Kawhi Leonard at #15 by Indiana.

Worst pick: Minnesota #5 and #6 in 2009. Two PG’s. Curry was drafted #7

Biggest shot: Ray Allen’s 3 when the crowd ropes and confetti was already set up in San Antonio.

Biggest trade: Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers. The whole league felt that move.

Worst trade: Okc trading Harden away for cap space.

Best Player: Curry in 2016. Broke so many records and the only unanimous MVP.

Worst Player: Hasheem Thabeet. This guy got playing time and never averaged more then 3 points a game. How did he even make the NBA?

Biggest Surprise Player: Doncic. Nobody watches Euro league.

Most disappointing player: JR Smith 2017 NBA Finals game 1.
    Last edited by Bostonjorge; 01-03-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Bargnani "the man could play" ahhh no, no he couldn't bruh lol Hense why he hasn't been in the league in some time now. Agree with everything else
    I was trying to be nice damn it... it's a new year

But seriously though.... screw that ****face
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Mvp - Paul George. For all the crap I give him he's been far and away the most productive Pacer this decade
    best draft pick - Paul George
    worst pick - Kawhi Leonard. Not for the player but because we traded him. Alternately we could go with Miles Plumlee or Solomon Hill
    biggest shot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5rxmhZxUQo
    lowest point - Collapse post all-star game of the 2014 team when Lance got snubbed
    best trade - Paul George for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis
    worst trade - Kawhi for George Hill. Hill was great, but Kawhi is on another level
    best player - not sure how this is different from MVP? So I'm gonna go with David West. He established the no nonsense, hard work ethic culture that exemplifies the team to this day
    worst player - Tyreke Evans
    biggest surprise player - Darren Collison in his 2nd stint. Got advice from Steve Nash and completely elevated his game
    most disappointing player - Lance Stephenson. There were other problems obviously, but Lance more than anyone sabotaged the 2014 contending team trying to boost his own stat line. And you can't even say he was wrong, because the Pacers proceeded to lowball him in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Mvp - Paul George. For all the crap I give him he's been far and away the most productive Pacer this decade
    best draft pick - Paul George
    worst pick - Kawhi Leonard. Not for the player but because we traded him. Alternately we could go with Miles Plumlee or Solomon Hill
    biggest shot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5rxmhZxUQo
    lowest point - Collapse post all-star game of the 2014 team when Lance got snubbed
    best trade - Paul George for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis
    worst trade - Kawhi for George Hill. Hill was great, but Kawhi is on another level
    best player - not sure how this is different from MVP? So I'm gonna go with David West. He established the no nonsense, hard work ethic culture that exemplifies the team to this day
    worst player - Tyreke Evans
    biggest surprise player - Darren Collison in his 2nd stint. Got advice from Steve Nash and completely elevated his game
    most disappointing player - Lance Stephenson. There were other problems obviously, but Lance more than anyone sabotaged the 2014 contending team trying to boost his own stat line. And you can't even say he was wrong, because the Pacers proceeded to lowball him in free agency.
    Can't wait for a healthy Oladipo

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    finally 2020, what were your teams all decade awards

Mvp
    best draft pick
    worst pick
    biggest shot
    lowest point
    best trade
    worst trade
    best player
    worst player
    biggest surprise player
    Mvp - Kyle Lowry
    best draft pick - Pascal Siakam
    worst pick - Andrea Bargnani
    biggest shot - Kawhi
    lowest point - the day Bosh left
    best trade -
    worst trade -
    best player - Kyle Lowry
    worst player -
    biggest surprise player - Fred Vanvleet
    most disappointing player - Demar Derozan

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

MVP - Chris Paul

best draft pick - Miles Bridges. Turned him into Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, then SGA into Paul George

worst pick - idk, CJ Wilcox maybe? Just bc he was a really good scorer at Washington who amounted to nothing

biggest shot - CP3 2015 game 7 vs Spurs

lowest point - I guess 2010. It was the start of LAC being on the map though since Blake was a highlight real, but the team sucked

best trade - EJ, AFA and Kaman for CP3

worst trade - Baron Davis and unprotected 1st rd pick (Kyrie) to Cleveland for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon

best player - CP3

worst player - only counting players who got any regular minutes, prob Ryan Gomes. Byron Mullens was garbage too

biggest surprise player - Montrezl Harrell. Never would've guessed he'd turn into the player he is

most disappointing player - Spencer Hawes, Paul Pierce, Ryan Gomes. Plenty of guys I expected more from who accomplished nothing

Mvp-Rudy Gobert, he's been the backbone of the team since he was inserted in the starting lineup and the main reason we didn't skip a beat when Hayward pussed out
    best draft pick-Mitchell, we needed some hope as a fan base after Hayward left and to be able to get that kinda production from a low lottery pick has been phenomenal
    worst pick-Trey Burke in a landslide. To trade up and take him before CJ was an absolute disaster.
    biggest shot
    lowest point-the couple of years after the Deron Williams trade.
    best trade-Getting Rudy from the Nuggets on draft night for basically nothing
    worst trade-Trading up to draft Trey Burke
    best player-Rudy
    worst player-Trey Lyles
    biggest surprise player-Royce O'Neal/Joe Ingles
    most disappointing player-Dante Exum

Rippin' lips son!!

Mvp-Rudy.

best draft pick-he wasn't technically our pick, but Rudy again

worst pick-Exum. Kanter and Burke aren't far behind

biggest shot- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JvL0VtoG0

lowest point-Probably the day that Hayward left.

best trade-either Rudy for like 2 mill cash or the Donovan for Lyles and pick 21

worst trade-I couldn't really find a trade I would label as a worst of the decade. in 2010 we traded Ronnie Brewer
    for cash and a 1st, but in hind site that trades not even that bad.

best player-Rudy

worst player-John Lucas III

biggest surprise player-Rudy Gobert or for someone different Royce Oneal

most disappointing player- quite a few to choose from. Kanter, Exum, Burks, but my favorite is probably Trey Burke. the other guys at least were decent NBA players if not worth their pick, but Burke was basically unplayable for his 3 years here.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Mvp-Rudy Gobert, he's been the backbone of the team since he was inserted in the starting lineup and the main reason we didn't skip a beat when Hayward pussed out
    best draft pick-Mitchell, we needed some hope as a fan base after Hayward left and to be able to get that kinda production from a low lottery pick has been phenomenal
    worst pick-Trey Burke in a landslide. To trade up and take him before CJ was an absolute disaster.
    biggest shot
    lowest point-the couple of years after the Deron Williams trade.
    best trade-Getting Rudy from the Nuggets on draft night for basically nothing
    worst trade-Trading up to draft Trey Burke
    best player-Rudy
    worst player-Trey Lyles
    biggest surprise player-Royce O'Neal/Joe Ingles
    most disappointing player-Dante Exum
    lol our list is pretty similar. I originally had the 25-57 year as our lowest point, but at the time I wasn't that sad because that team had a lot of high draft picks its just that like none of them panned out. Burks couldn't work with teammates, Burke thought too much of himself, Kanter couldn't defend, Hayward left, Favors got some nagging injuries and never turned into the guy we thought he would be, and Exum couldn't stay healthy. the Jerry sloan resigning was a really close 2nd for me.

I definitely forgot about the Burke trade, but i think we probably take Schroder with that pick and at 21 we just take rudy there. there were rumors we would have taken Giannis if we had stayed at 14, but the jazz really wanted a PG. which again makes it a really meh trade, but not like super bad. plus its not like the two guys the Twolves got turned into anything.

Mvp: James Harden
    Best draft pick: Clint Capela.
    Fantastic production from a guy drafted 22nd.
    Worst pick: Marcus Morris. Could have had Kawhi—Morey's greatest mistake.
    Biggest shot: I love Harden's contested circus go-ahead 3-pointer he hit against the Warriors last year, but it was regular season. It'd probably have to go to one of the shots hit in Games 4 and 5 in the WCF in 2017 that gave Houston close wins and a 3-2 lead.
    Lowest point: A .500 season in 2015-16 following a WCF appearance when McHale was fired and the Harden/Dwight experiment failed.
    Best trade: Getting Harden for pennies on the dollar from the Thunder.
    Worst trade: I'd really have to think about this one. I didn't love shedding Knight's contract for Shumpert and a 1st last season. I also didn't love the Paul and picks for Westbrook deal in the offseason, but that one is still definitely an unknown at this point.
    Best player: Harden.
    Worst player: Not 100% sure how to answer this one. Dwight was the biggest cancer/distraction, and Ryan Anderson was probably the biggest disappointment. But there have been a ton of worse players than those two guys over the decade.
    Biggest surprise player: PJ Tucker. I never expected him to have this kind of an impact when he was signed. Easily one of my all-time favorite Rockets ever.
    Most disappointing player: Ryan Anderson. Not sure I need to explain this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast