Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Feels like it was a ****** decade for movies but i will give it a shot.

No particular order

- The Revenant (the book was better)

- Logan (one of the best movie experiences i have had)

- Zero Dark Thirty

- Wind River

- Lone Survivor

- Money Ball

- The Book Thief

- The Hobbit Unexpected Journey

- The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug

- The Hobbit The Battle of The 5 Armies

You can probably interchange Rogue One for any of those.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Oooh that's a good choice. I forgot about that one when I first put my list together, was one of my favorite movies of 2017 IIRC. Pretty good run for Taylor Sheridan too going from Sicario in 2015, Hell Or High Water in 2016, and Wind River in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Oooh that's a good choice. I forgot about that one when I first put my list together, was one of my favorite movies of 2017 IIRC. Pretty good run for Taylor Sheridan too going from Sicario in 2015, Hell Or High Water in 2016, and Wind River in 2017.
    Watched 3 times in the theatre

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

1. Blindspotting
    2. Whiplash
    3. Inside Llewyn Davis
    4. Jojo Rabbit
    5. Get Out
    6. Blade Runner 2049
    7. Parasite
    8. True Grit
    9. The Social Network
    10. Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (I usually am not a big fan of animation, and eve less of superhero films, but this films animation was out of this world)

HM: Silence, Florida Project, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Ex Machina, Beasts of No Nation

Quote Originally Posted by UofA View Post
    1. Blindspotting
    2. Whiplash
    3. Inside Llewyn Davis
    4. Jojo Rabbit
    5. Get Out
    6. Blade Runner 2049
    7. Parasite
    8. True Grit
    9. The Social Network
    10. Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (I usually am not a big fan of animation, and eve less of superhero films, but this films animation was out of this world)

HM: Silence, Florida Project, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Ex Machina, Beasts of No Nation
    Blindspotting?!?! Damn, i skipped that one entirely. Guess I need to go back and check it out. What's so good about it?

Quote Originally Posted by UofA View Post
    1. Blindspotting
    2. Whiplash
    3. Inside Llewyn Davis
    4. Jojo Rabbit
    5. Get Out
    6. Blade Runner 2049
    7. Parasite
    8. True Grit
    9. The Social Network

**** I just rented Jo Jo RAbbit but never got around to watching it, had it for 4 days. Waste of 10 bucks but Ill rent it again if its as good as you say.

It's aight. Worth seeing but not great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's aight. Worth seeing but not great IMO.
    I had never heard of it at the time but my drunk friend and my drunk self thought it would be one of those soo bad its funny movie but Im hoping for more now. Definitely didn't think it would make someones, even someone I dont know, top10 of the decade

My belated and important list, its hard to remember much about 2010 movies so I tried not to let recency bias come into play but here it goes

# 1. Transcendence - Asks timeless questions
    # 2. The Fanatic - Travolta at his comedic best
    # 3. Fan4stick - Faithful adaptation to the comics, the sudden change in direction and wigs midway is great
    # 4. Suckerpunch - ****ing visuals bruh
    # 5. Justice League - Fathfull adaptation to the comics, the sudden change in direction and mustache removals midway were great.

OK that was JK, if you didn't see that by at least #3, you have a low opinion of me. For real this time

1. Shame - I dont remember why, I just remember thinking this is going to be number 1 for me, for awhile.

2. Ex-Machina - Another one I've forgotten, something something turing test, sick dancing scene, great acting from General Hux and Poe Dameron.

3. Mad Max - Pretty sure yall know why this movie was hyped, not gonna bother.

4. The Social Network - Just a story of treachery and friendships doomed to fail. Loved watching the fallout between Spiderman and Lex Luthor in their College days.

5. Under the Skin - Saw it very recently cuz I heard ScarJo was shot trying to pick up on men, like for real in her hidden camera filled van. Im not sure how shes not universally known at this point so I dont know how they pulled this off but just the thought of being some random who encounters this beautiful ***** trying to holler at me and get me in her van was so easy to put myself into. What she eventually does to people like me was twisted and made me feel like the filthy pervert that I am. I usually dont like Artsy flicks but Scarjo is great, my GF was put off by the tone/mood of the film sometimes but I enjoyed it.

6. John Wick (1 or 3) - Sue me, Im a dog lover and Keanu guy and was hooked from the get go.

7. Django Unchained - Gotta love gratuitous use of the N word

8. Wolf of Wallstreet - Just a blast of a movie

9. Mission Impossible - (I forget which one but theyre all pretty good)

10. Avengers Infinity War - Its prolly up around number 1 but Im just tired of Super Hero movies at the moment.

10. X-Men First Class - Reinvigorated the franchise for a short while

Movies I might swap in when I revise this list if I ever rewatch them all:

Cabin in the woods - Unexpected twist, partly cuz they promoted this movie like a traditional slasher flick.

The Lego Movie - YES, great song
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Arrival
    Venom - Screw me, I have a thing for Venom and I loved the idea of what it would be like to talk to my symbiot.
    Lincoln - Just felt like an important movie, even though I dont trust history, I like the story part of it.
    Skyfall or one of the Bond movies if it came out this decade

Under the Silverlake was fun enough, even though I remember being offended by it.
    Last edited by Chronz; 03-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    My belated and important list, its hard to remember much about 2010 movies so I tried not to let recency bias come into play but here it goes

# 1. Transcendence - Asks timeless questions
    # 2. The Fanatic - Travolta at his comedic best
    # 3. Fan4stick - Faithful adaptation to the comics, the sudden change in direction and wigs midway is great
    # 4. Suckerpunch - ****ing visuals bruh
    # 5. Justice League - Fathfull adaptation to the comics, the sudden change in direction and mustache removals midway were great.

OK that was JK, if you didn't see that by at least #3, you have a low opinion of me. For real this time

1. Shame - I dont remember why, I just remember thinking this is going to be number 1 for me, for awhile.

2. Ex-Machina - Another one I've forgotten, something something turing test, sick dancing scene, great acting from General Hux and Poe Dameron.

3. Mad Max - Pretty sure yall know why this movie was hyped, not gonna bother.

4. The Social Network - Just a story of treachery and friendships doomed to fail. Loved watching the fallout between Spiderman and Lex Luthor in their College days.

5. Under the Skin - Saw it very recently cuz I heard ScarJo was shot trying to pick up on men, like for real in her hidden camera filled van. Im not sure how shes not universally known at this point so I dont know how they pulled this off but just the thought of being some random who encounters this beautiful ***** trying to holler at me and get me in her van was so easy to put myself into. What she eventually does to people like was twisted and made me feel like the filthy pervert that I am. I usually dont like Artsy flicks but Scarjo is great, my GF was put off by the tone/mood of the film sometimes but I enjoyed it.

6. John Wick (1 or 3) - Sue me, Im a dog lover and Keanu guy and was hooked from the get go.

7. Django Unchained - Gotta love gratuitous use of the N word

8. Wolf of Wallstreet - Just a blast of a movie

9. Mission Impossible - (I forget which one but theyre all pretty good)

10. Avengers Infinity War - Its prolly up around number 1 but Im just tired of Super Hero movies at the moment.

10. X-Men First Class - Reinvigorated the franchise for a short while

Movies I might swap in when I revise this list if I ever rewatch them all:

Cabin in the woods - Unexpected twist, partly cuz they promoted this movie like a traditional slasher flick.

The Lego Movie - YES, great song
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Arrival
    Venom - Screw me, I have a thing for Venom and I loved the idea of what it would be like to talk to my symbiot.
    Lincoln - Just felt like an important movie, even though I dont trust history, I like the story part of it.
    Skyfall or one of the Bond movies if it came out this decade

Under the Silverlake was fun enough, even though I remember being offended by it.
    Seen Annihilation? Made by same guy that did Ex Machina (who is also behind that new show Devs).

Seen Annihilation? Made by same guy that did Ex Machina (who is also behind that new show Devs).
    Oh yeah, I saw it recently, remember being surprised that I didn't hear/see much talk about it before.

I think I would put a movie like Interstellar above it, I forgot to include that movie too.

Probably didn't hear/see much about it because the distributor basically buried it due to creative differences with Garland (which also ended up being a big motivator for Garland to focus on making a television show instead, where he had more control and could flesh out his character & story more). I found it to be the best theater experience I've had in ages. Enjoyable movie period but the sound design and look of that tripped out *** **** towards the end of the movie with some big, thumping speakers was awesome.

Probably didn't hear/see much about it because the distributor basically buried it due to creative differences with Garland (which also ended up being a big motivator for Garland to focus on making a television show instead, where he had more control and could flesh out his character & story more). I found it to be the best theater experience I've had in ages. Enjoyable movie period but the sound design and look of that tripped out *** **** towards the end of the movie with some big, thumping speakers was awesome.
    Exactly my thoughts. I don't know if it would be on my top 10 movies for the decade but it's EASILY one of my top theater experiences. Would love to see it in that environment again.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Blindspotting?!?! Damn, i skipped that one entirely. Guess I need to go back and check it out. What's so good about it?
    This applies to Jojo Rabbit too, but I just found both of those movies to not only be the funniest of the year for each (google the Scorpion Bowl story from Blindspotting), but they hit on such strong social commentary at the same time without sacrificing the seriousness of the topic at all. It's such a fine line to walk with the comedy and drama, and I've seen it not work great over and over, but IMO Blindspotting and Jojo Rabbit were perfect in that regard, props to the direction. They both expertly manipulated the hell out of my emotions as I was dying laughing to actually crying in the theater at both. Might just be something that works well with me, however since comedy, and especially with political themes on top of it can be subjective and divisive. Jojo Rabbit seemed pitch perfect for our current climate of forgiveness arch and what can happen with rabid nationalism (Hitler will look like MJ to children), and Blindspotting did such a more effective job than I have EVER seen for showing the dangers black Americans face that so many white people 'blindspot'. There's an amazing scene after a party fight with the two main characters that makes the whole movie IMO
    Last edited by UofA; 03-11-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Oh god, pls don't tell me blindspotting has BLM propaganda all over it....

Not that it changes anyone's opinion on the movie but Blindspotting actually came out in 2018. Trailer looks cringey af but the movie does have really good ratings. Maybe I'll peep it one of these nights.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-15-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast