Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yeah he has legitimate sources. Kafka looks to be the preferred route.

I mean, people have to realize now that press conference 12/31 was meaningless, right?

All the talk about trying to evaluate after some time away... It wasn't 24hrs and the Bears committed to completely rebuilding their offensive schematics.

Hard to get excited about any coaching changes when Mitch is still here. Hopefully Castillo can help get the running game going.

Kafka would not inspire any hope for me whatsoever. Would be just another lackey Nagy could toss under the bus when the time came, and no chance he'd relinquish play calling to a kid who's never done it before. Not even bothering to interview proven guys (not just Shurmur, but literally anyone, as far as we know) tells you everything you need to know about what interest this regime has in swallowing any of their pride to try and straighten this thing out.

And just as an addendum in my 3+ decades living on the southside I've never encountered a Rita grad that wasn't a complete mouth breathing dope. So we'd have that to look forward to.

turnaround3...

With you on paragraph one

Ouch though on paragraph two (I came out of hiding just to respond to that one lol)

Ritaman Class of ‘02 here who hasn’t lived in Chicago for ~17 years but we can’t be that bad. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Kafka would not inspire any hope for me whatsoever. Would be just another lackey Nagy could toss under the bus when the time came, and no chance he'd relinquish play calling to a kid who's never done it before. Not even bothering to interview proven guys (not just Shurmur, but literally anyone, as far as we know) tells you everything you need to know about what interest this regime has in swallowing any of their pride to try and straighten this thing out.

And just as an addendum in my 3+ decades living on the southside I've never encountered a Rita grad that wasn't a complete mouth breathing dope. So we'd have that to look forward to.
    Absolutely. If he brought in an experienced guy I would have hope, bringing in another guy with no experience in the job screams to me another clip board holder/cheerleader while Nagy stares at his be you chart and calls constant bubble screens. Just like Pace being scared to bring in anyone to challenge Trubisky Nagy is afraid to bring in someone smarter and more experienced than him on offense, someone who will challenge him if he keeps up the idiocy. I have never gone from liking to not liking a coach as fast as I have with Nagy. He is a glorified cheerleader with a big ego who does not want to be challenged and is afraid to challenge others. Its I’m the man, I am brilliant, I am not letting anyone else call plays or challenge me because I am the captain of this ship. No one in this organization can handle criticism, refuses to hold anyone accountable, and refuses to do anything that might hurt someones feelings. And this is from ownership down. Softest damn NFL team. I have your back, you have mine, we love everybody, we stick together, we pat each other on the back no matter what. Hold hands and sing kumbaya. Its sickening really

Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    I mean, people have to realize now that press conference 12/31 was meaningless, right?

All the talk about trying to evaluate after some time away... It wasn't 24hrs and the Bears committed to completely rebuilding their offensive schematics.
    Did they though? Seems like they're staying status quo by hiring a guy with no OC experience from KC. I like the OL hire, but as turnaround said, the OC sounds pretty uninspiring.

Brad Childress was hired over the summer, so I dont know it's necessarily true Nagy is afraid of hiring somebody with more experience.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Brad Childress was hired over the summer, so I dont know it's necessarily true Nagy is afraid of hiring somebody with more experience.
    That comment was nonsense. People are pissed because of the way the season went.

I read an article a while ago and Nagy was quoted in saying that he wanted experienced people on his staff so he could learn from them. I tried to find it, but was unable to.

But I'm delusional, so don't mind me. lol

Childress title is Senior Offensive Assistant, whatever that is. Where is he during the games exactly? Is he is in Nagy’s ear? Is he influential in actual play calling? The guy appears to be a consultant. The guy next to Nagy on the sidelines, the Offensive Coordinator, the guy potentially in Nagy’s ear, does he want a guy with experience in that position?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    The Kafka hire is not official (yet)... Childress could be the choice and/or Shurmur.

I wonder if the the OC who gets hired will have a say in who the QB coach will be. That could be a real sign if Nagy is going to continue to do this 'his way' or allow someone else to have more control of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Childress title is Senior Offensive Assistant, whatever that is. Where is he during the games exactly? Is he is in Nagy’s ear? Is he influential in actual play calling? The guy appears to be a consultant. The guy next to Nagy on the sidelines, the Offensive Coordinator, the guy potentially in Nagy’s ear, does he want a guy with experience in that position?
    I have no idea. Do they chat over coffee every morning? Does he keep the dry-erase board clean btwn screen designs?

Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    I have no idea. Do they chat over coffee every morning? Does he keep the dry-erase board clean btwn screen designs?
    Whatever Childress role is it must not be too big. Wouldn’t we actually see the guy once in a while? Sounds more like a consultant type role.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Whatever Childress role is it must not be too big. Wouldn’t we actually see the guy once in a while? Sounds more like a consultant type role.
    He's in the booth every game not sure if he's omminicsting with Nagy though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast