Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Offensive Coordinator Search & News

Might as well get this going.

Shurmur's my runaway first choice but there's certainly no shortage of guys.

Have at it.

Should be Schurmur, but won't matter unless Nagy is willing to become more adaptable and relinquish some of the control.

Please be Shurmur.

Bring back Mike Martz

Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    Bring back Mike Martz
    Seven step drops behind a shaky O-line

Brings back Memories
    Broncos be like:

Haha, god that was awful, I'll still take Nagy over whatever we want to call that gameplan that Martz employed, I honestly don't know how cutler managed not to die on the field with how many times he was plastered as a result of that gameplan week in and week out lolllll

Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    Haha, god that was awful, I'll still take Nagy over whatever we want to call that gameplan that Martz employed, I honestly don't know how cutler managed not to die on the field with how many times he was plastered as a result of that gameplan week in and week out lolllll
    There was a point where he would do a 5-7 step direct drop (where he could see when J'Marcus Webb or the Other Tackle would blow their block) and would throw off hand to a Forte Checkdown or scramble when nothing was open.

I know people gave Cutty a bunch of **** for his picks, but his Football IQ was huge. He routinely made plays that we are begging Mitch to do consistently (e.g. I never in my life ever watch Jay run out of bounds when nothing was open, just either chuck it outta bounds (good jay) or force it into double coverage (bad jay )
    Broncos be like:

Tbh I agree, Jay was a very talented qb and for the most part had good IQ, if he would have been in Nagys system we no doubt would have better results here, but then again for the most part he also had more offensive talent to work with so I may be wrong, either way those are good memories at least for laughs lol

Before this turns into a Cutler-fest, I think this move is more damning of the relationship between Pace and Nagy than one would think.

Helfrich and Heistand were both cherry-picked by Nagy. Punting them to the curb may be about finding a scapegoat, but to me this is Pace not liking Nagy's stubbornness and wanting to force new talent on him and his scheme.

It's a very plausible scenario to me where Pace truly believes that Mitch is the answer at QB but he's been torpedoed by Nagy and his offense. He can't fire the HC, so he's effectively going to neuter him. If we go get Shurmer or somebody from the Reid tree it would point to Nagy being in charge still, but a radical direction hire is definitely Pace calling the shots.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Cutler played "Cutler ball". He was a gun slinger.

Maybe Nagy's system would have made Cutler a HOFer, or maybe Cutler would have rubbed Nagy wrong with his attitude like he did with many people.

We will never know.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Im just glad to see the bears holding some guys accountable. The OL was terrible. and if Helfriech wasn't helping he might as well go too.

Personally i would love to see a more Run centric Oriented OC....... and Obviously the OL coach needs to be better. Kinda Glad the TEs coach is gone too. ive seen nothing to inspire hope from that position.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Before this turns into a Cutler-fest, I think this move is more damning of the relationship between Pace and Nagy than one would think.

Helfrich and Heistand were both cherry-picked by Nagy. Punting them to the curb may be about finding a scapegoat, but to me this is Pace not liking Nagy's stubbornness and wanting to force new talent on him and his scheme.

It's a very plausible scenario to me where Pace truly believes that Mitch is the answer at QB but he's been torpedoed by Nagy and his offense. He can't fire the HC, so he's effectively going to neuter him. If we go get Shurmer or somebody from the Reid tree it would point to Nagy being in charge still, but a radical direction hire is definitely Pace calling the shots.
    And if thatís the case, welcome to 2021 Rebuild!!! (Which I kind of want anyway...)

BREAKING: Bears have brought on veteran Offensive line Coach/Run Game coordinator Luis Castillo on as their new Oiline Coach:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...95880303054848

Most recently was the O-line coach in Buffalo and Baltimore (2014-2016)

And up until today he was the O-line and run game coach at Michigan ( who just ran for 150+ yards vs. Alabama)

Seems like a big get but let's see if Nagy let's him make an O-line mesh with whatever the hell he's trying to run.

They have history together in Philadelphia under Reid so that's a plus.

EDIT: fixed the title lol
    Last edited by flclfanman; 01-02-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    Broncos be like:

What does it matter what Nagy thinks if Castillo is the new head coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    What does it matter what Nagy thinks if Castillo is the new head coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha.

Well its funny the clip is against the Bears. Those OL have a completely different body type the current Bears players. Makes me wonder how effective this guy can be w/o linemen that will fit 'the mold'. We will see. A source on Twitter who speculated this guy would be the OL coach also speculated the OC would be Kafka. Kafka is the QB coach for KC. Intriguing candidate, imho.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast