Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Twins sign Rich Hill & Homer Bailey

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...er-bailey.html

The Twins have pulled off a fascinating New Year’s Eve double-strike. The club announced that hurlers Rich Hill and Homer Bailey have each agreed to contracts, as Dan Hayes of The Athletic first reported (Twitter link).

Both players secured one-year deals, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter). Hill is guaranteed $3MM, Rob Bradford of WEEI.com tweets. His contract includes a hefty $9.5MM in total available incentives which can be met by recording only 15 starts and/or 75 innings thrown. Bailey’s contract comes with a $7MM guarantee, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network (via Twitter). He also has some incentive pay available, but only if he gets up to 180 innings, Hayes tweets.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Hill is still in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

They are just stocking their rotation with high risk high reward guys... some gotta hit. I like it

And the Dodgers continuing sitting on their ***es.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Friedman has 42 days until Pitchers and Catchers voluntarily report to Spring Training.. Still plenty of time to work on the trade market.. most of the FA's left.. are going to be guys the Dodgers won't get much use out of right away (recovering from injury) or are roster fodder..

There's a good deal out there for the Dodgers to make.. having a GM than has cold feet... doesn't help that situation at all.. not one bit..

I'm looking forward to seeing Hill and Bailey in Twins' uniforms. The team will have a decent rotation when Hill comes back from his surgery rehab and Pineda finishes his suspension. They will have to piece things together for a couple of months, though.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Hill is still in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would you say? Though he only pitched 13 games, his ERA was good last year. He pitched as many innings as some relievers do.