Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Flores and chad were on the patriots together for a very long time.

Yet flores fired him instead of a mutual agreement, i dont think this was a performance issue or x and os issue.

Its just not adding up.
    Does he still get paid if he is fired versus just leaving on his own? If he already has a job locked up in NE or somewhere else, they may have mutually decided to go with firing to get him some extra $. Juts guessing, it may be way out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Does he still get paid if he is fired versus just leaving on his own? If he already has a job locked up in NE or somewhere else, they may have mutually decided to go with firing to get him some extra $. Juts guessing, it may be way out there.
    My understanding is we are still on the hook to pay him but once hes picked up the next team will have to pay what we owe.

Coaches contracts are never talked about much outside of the giant ones but I'm pretty sure it's as simple as we're paying him the remainder of his contract no matter what. We just decided to terminate it early.

I dont think any part of this is related to his contract situation.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Well they could have genuinely clashed. The whole relationship between 2 people can change when it goes from partners to one of them being in charge. Flores may just have wanted things done differently than was thought before they came to Miami.

Per source, Dolphins will name Robby Brown quarterbacks coach. Worked with Gailey in new York.

Per Barry Jackson

So what the hell is Schuplinski going to do? Does he stay as assistant QB coach?

I know everyone's still riding the Flores high but I'm incredible concerned that we might replace two young promising NE coaches with a retired OC who never had a consistently good offense and a QB coach that has a track record of working with Geno Smith, Christian Hackenburg and Bryce Petty.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-12-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    So what the hell is Schuplinski going to do? Does he stay as assistant QB coach?

I know everyone's still riding the Flores high but I'm incredible concerned that we might replace two young promising NE coaches with a retired OC who never had a consistently good offense and a QB coach that has a track record of working with Geno Smith, Christian Hackenburg and Bryce Petty.
    He wasn't the QB coach with the Jets, was the assistant to the DC for two years and OC for two years. Gailey was the OC both those years so he must of liked something about him to get Flo to hire him.

With good talent Gailey had top 15 units. The years he was under the top 20 was MIA 00-01' with Jay Fiedler + Lamar Smith at the helm. Did rank 16th and 8th in points scored though. Also 01' was Fiedler's best year as a pro and both of those years was Smith's.

KAS in 08' was his next stop where he had Tyler Thigpen to work with. Somehow did rank 24th that year.

HC of BUF next 10-12' 25th-14th-19th his rankings. Then two years at the Jets at 10ht-26th. All 5 years he had Fitz as his QB.

His early years with DEN-PIT and the Cowboys with good talent he was as I said top 15 every year top 8 some as well. It's not like he will be here for many years, IMO he will only be here two years tops untill we promote Schuplinski most likely. Think Flo just wanted someone to come in that knew how to be a OC and one that knew Fitz was just a bonus. The team wants to win games next year so this was the best way to do that.

Garafolo
    Try this again: More #Giants assistants coming together: QB coach is expected to be Jerry Schuplinski, sources said. Was assistant QB coach for the #Dolphins, who will let him reunite with Joe Judge. Schuplinski was with the #Patriots 2013-18.

Like I said I can buy into Gailey, I think hes been with **** teams and bad situations. My bigger concern is why are there guys moving laterally now and why are we rebuilding a coaching staff just one year in?

This is why i said these beat writers are full of ****, many of them said we fired shae to keep schup, i knew that was nonsense once he hired chan.

Complete opposite systems. Flores obviously knew he was going to be making changes when he hired chan, or that he had to make changes because guys were leaving.

Still very curious why flores fired shae. But losing schup is no loss tbh.

Well the other rumor that was going around was he was fired being he was the one that pushed for the Josh Rosen trade. We might never know why he was fired. He still hasn't be hired so it isn't like he was super wanted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That was just some nonsense that ck made up after the fact he got fired.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    That was just some nonsense that ck made up after the fact he got fired.
    Still on him lol. That didn't even originate from him [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Barry

Per source, Dolphins new offensive line coach will be Steve Marshall

Worked with Gailey in NY. As CK pointed out, we basically brought in the Jets offense under Todd Bowles. Hes 63 and most recently coached in the AAF.

Yea I dont really see how we should be hyped about these coaching changes.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-15-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Of course they are going to bring it guys he knows, thats how the coaching circle always works.

The NYJ OL for those years wasn't bad at all so it's not like it's a bad hire. Fitz was sacked 38 times in 27 starts while with the Jets. He was sacked 40 times last year alone in 13 starts. Plus Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell had their best seasons behind that line. Matt Forte was crap but he was coming off injury if i remember right and he was 31 and 32 then and most backs really drop off at 30+

He literally cant do a worse job than what we've had recently. I dont love the hires but I dont think they're terrible. I think you could definitely do worse. It's not like we're hiring Dowell Loggains or anything.

I just love that it's basically the same offensive staff from the Jets. And of course we also have David Lee who's been a consultant this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12