Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The next Giants Head Coach Should Be...

Whos on your list? I suppose this could be in the Shurmur fired thread but whatevs.

I desperately want Belichick to return and finish as a Giant. Kraft has all the legal drama going on, Brady is declining, BB wants to prove he can win without Brady. Weve got future stars at RB and QB, a WR core like hes used to (no big WR, all possession short route guys) and were even a 3-4 base now.

It wont happen because DG is GM and is a control freak and BB wants control of the roster, but if BB was willing Id hope Mara would ditch DG.

Anyway, if not them then:
    McCarthy
    Cowher
    Orrr...???

I assume if DG got along with Rivera hell be on the team ina few hours so well see

I'll answer when you stop slacking and sticky my off season thread. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Whos on your list? I suppose this could be in the Shurmur fired thread but whatevs.

I desperately want Belichick to return and finish as a Giant. Kraft has all the legal drama going on, Brady is declining, BB wants to prove he can win without Brady. Weve got future stars at RB and QB, a WR core like hes used to (no big WR, all possession short route guys) and were even a 3-4 base now.

It wont happen because DG is GM and is a control freak and BB wants control of the roster, but if BB was willing Id hope Mara would ditch DG.

Anyway, if not them then:
    McCarthy
    Cowher
    Orrr...???

I assume if DG got along with Rivera hell be on the team ina few hours so well see
    Rivera is about to be the HC of the Washington red skins.

Do you live under a rock? Are you a starfish? [emoji848] [emoji848]

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The next Giants Head Coach Should Be...

Please no to McDaniels. The only thing I want from the Patriots is Bellichick. If not him, then dont touch any of them.

Im much more curious about Matt Rhule. His track record at non-powerhouse college programs is impressive.

Would Lincoln Riley consider the option? If so he has to be on the list.

We also need a legitimate DC to completely handle that side of the ball. We need our own Wade Phillips or Buddy Ryan. It may be a pipe dream but Id love to see Carl Banks consider the job. We have a lot of young talent on that side of the ball but they are directionless and poorly coached. A new DC, and some FA/draft combo to address the edge and LB could do wonders.

Don't worry. He's got this.

In no particular order: Lovie, intrigued by Rhule, McCarthy, def would have considered Rivera, TC - yes I would consider him as long as he is paired with some good coordinators, Cowher.

And to be perfectly honest, I would consider urban "I fake medical issues to find other jobs" Meyer. I wouldn't be opposed to something a little different and uptempo. How he would handle an NFL locker room is a complete mystery to me, but I would be open to the idea. However, I wouldn't want him having much say in personnel decisions.

I would love for us to get the Baylor coach and pair him with Rex Ryan on defense. Yeah
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I either want a guy that allows his coordinators to run the offense and defense and be more of a manager himself. From what I heard thats the way Rhule works right?

Or I want a guy that is experienced as a HC calling plays.

Im very much done with trying out coordinators as play calling HCs after Shurmur and McAddoo

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    I either want a guy that allows his coordinators to run the offense and defense and be more of a manager himself. From what I heard thats the way Rhule works right?

Or I want a guy that is experienced as a HC calling plays.

Im very much done with trying out coordinators as play calling HCs after Shurmur and McAddoo
    McCarthy called his own plays, up until last year when he got fired, right? I believe he gave up calling the plays last year, or was it the year before? I wouldn't be opposed to him being dual hatted since he did it with success before. McAdoodoo had never done it before and Shurmur is now 0 for 2. Shurmur ended his tenure with the Giants with the same record he had in Cleveland: 9-23. We are not worse than the Browns, we are as good as the Browns. The glass is half full.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Personally, I think we should go after the young hungry assistants around the league like .....Kris Richard, Robert Saleh, in hope of finding the next Mike Tomlin. I really love what Brian Flores is doing in Miami.

But I do think DG has to go..... I guess that all depends on what direction they will go in hiring the next HC.

If we go with an experienced HC, I'd go with Rex Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    McCarthy called his own plays, up until last year when he got fired, right? I believe he gave up calling the plays last year, or was it the year before? I wouldn't be opposed to him being dual hatted since he did it with success before. McAdoodoo had never done it before and Shurmur is now 0 for 2. Shurmur ended his tenure with the Giants with the same record he had in Cleveland: 9-23. We are not worse than the Browns, we are as good as the Browns. The glass is half full.
    Agreed. Im not morbidly opposed to HC calling plays, but Shurmur and McAddoo both proved that calling plays as OC (which they both did pretty good) is a whole different ballgame from doing so while being HC. So at least get one whos proven in that

My problem with McCarthy is more with that its hard to assess how good a coach he is really. His whole career he had Rodgers or favre at the helm of his offense right? I would probably look halfway decent then...

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'll answer when you stop slacking and sticky my off season thread. [emoji14]

Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Rivera is about to be the HC of the Washington red skins.

Do you live under a rock? Are you a starfish? [emoji848] [emoji848]

I live under two rocks. My kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Personally, I think we should go after the young hungry assistants around the league like .....Kris Richard, Robert Saleh, in hope of finding the next Mike Tomlin. I really love what Brian Flores is doing in Miami.

But I do think DG has to go..... I guess that all depends on what direction they will go in hiring the next HC.

Caroll let Richards go as his DC a few years back and the Cowbiys were not thrilled with Richards this past year.

I would not hire Rex Ryan as a HC , but I damn well would hire him as our DC and let him run the defense the same way that the Jets do with Greg Williams and the Rams do with Wade Phillips. While I don't think that Rex was a very good HC he is a helluva terrific defensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post

We did that 2 times in a row, with McAddoo and Shurmur....

I have to wonder how glamorous this job is tho. Like if it came down to us wanting McCarthy would he choose us I wonder. Been such a **** show. Man could you imagine if we actually wanted McCarthy overall and he was our guy but he chooses the Cleveland job over us. I know everyone wants rhule but I still think listening to his presser before the bowl game that he will stay at Baylor. Talked about doing what's best for his family and not shuffling their lives and growing with a place for years.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast