Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    My only thoughts about this hire is that if Graham was a star on the rise why would the Dolphins let him make a lateral move, especially since Brian Flores recruited him as they worked together in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    My only thoughts about this hire is that if Graham was a star on the rise why would the Dolphins let him make a lateral move, especially since Brian Flores recruited him as they worked together in NE.
    Yeah hard to make sense of that maybe he expressed his desire to come here and Flores who respects him didnít want to stand in his way. At least I hope. Having the 30th ranked defense is hard to get excited about but hopefully after FA he has a lot more talent to work with next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Yeah hard to make sense of that maybe he expressed his desire to come here and Flores who respects him didnít want to stand in his way. At least I hope. Having the 30th ranked defense is hard to get excited about but hopefully after FA he has a lot more talent to work with next year

I don't disagree. My first choice in FA is Conklin to play RT and the draft Thomas from Georgia.Ourr OL would be set for several years

Clowney would also be an excellent FA acquisition but I believe he will re-sign with Seattle as that is where he wanted to be traded.

Ultimately what this proves is that DG is just letting Judge pick his own guys. And I think that's the right thing to do even if the guys they pick seem unconventional.

This organization has really been in shambles for years and needs to be remade anew. It started with Eli fading behind Reese and his atrocious GMing (like ignoring the trenches for years), and then cascaded after they fired TC. It has been a disaster of a rudderless ship since then.

They need a complete change in how they conduct their business. They need to go back to playing fundamentally smart football, with less overemphasis on schemes and more emphasis on culture. They have some key foundation pieces in DJ and Barkley, and a lot of talented and extremely young guys on defense.

I am all for bringing in guys who believe in going back to the basics of teaching guys how to play smart football and not giving away games because of inability of the players and coaches to adjust to the game in front of them.

At least on paper, it seems like that's what Judge is going to try to do.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I mean in fairness to the dc Miami traded everybody away. They had all practice squad players and young guys esp when Howard went out for the season. Hard to show anything there. Itís an interesting hire for sure.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean in fairness to the dc Miami traded everybody away. They had all practice squad players and young guys esp when Howard went out for the season. Hard to show anything there. Itís an interesting hire for sure.
    Yeah he had nothing to work with letís hope he has more to work with here. Glad judge is picking his guys at least and not being directed by gettleman or ownership.

QB coach being replaced as well. Forgot who I read was coming in. They worked for Miami last year and the pats for a few years before that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Joe Judge's coaching staff so far:

QBs: Jerry Schuplinski
    WRs: Tyke Tolbert(2018 staff)
    DC: Patrick Graham
    DL: Freddie Roach
    STC: Thomas McGaughey(2018 staff)

Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-13-2020 at 09:25 PM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Ultimately what this proves is that DG is just letting Judge pick his own guys. And I think that's the right thing to do even if the guys they pick seem unconventional.

This organization has really been in shambles for years and needs to be remade anew. It started with Eli fading behind Reese and his atrocious GMing (like ignoring the trenches for years), and then cascaded after they fired TC. It has been a disaster of a rudderless ship since then.

They need a complete change in how they conduct their business. They need to go back to playing fundamentally smart football, with less overemphasis on schemes and more emphasis on culture. They have some key foundation pieces in DJ and Barkley, and a lot of talented and extremely young guys on defense.

I am all for bringing in guys who believe in going back to the basics of teaching guys how to play smart football and not giving away games because of inability of the players and coaches to adjust to the game in front of them.

At least on paper, it seems like that's what Judge is going to try to do.
    We can't just ignore schemes and bringing in coaches that can bring a creative/effective system to the table. Culture and chemistry isn't everything. Coaching matters and schemes matter. We need a good system for Daniel Jones to develop in. Our O-Coordinator hire is going to be crucial. We can't act like this isn't super important. It's probably as important as anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Joe Judge's coaching staff so far:

QBs: Jerry Schuplinski
    WRs: Tyke Tolbert(2018 staff)
    DC: Patrick Graham
    DL: Freddie Roach
    STC: Thomas McGaughey(2018 staff)

Jason Garrett or Fred Kitchens or Jim Caldwell would be good choices as OC , who knows maybe even Mike Shula. Bill Callahan would be an excellent OL coach

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Jason Garrett or Fred Kitchens or Jim Caldwell would be good choices as OC , who knows maybe even Mike Shula. Bill Callahan would be an excellent OL coach
    I would like to see experience at OC instead of another Pats crony

I would like to see experience at OC instead of another Pats crony

Give me Hue Jackson. You have your teacher in schuplinski and hue as your OC. I wouldn't want him leading an organization, but he can certainly run an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Give me Hue Jackson. You have your teacher in schuplinski and hue as your OC. I wouldn't want him leading an organization, but he can certainly run an offense.
    Iím getting the feeling our next OC is currently employed at a team still in the playoffs. Thereís no other I way I can explain why there seems to be absolutely nothing going on

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Iím getting the feeling our next OC is currently employed at a team still in the playoffs. Thereís no other I way I can explain why there seems to be absolutely nothing going on
    Or maybe thereís 0 reason to rush a decision esp with an important piece like an OC.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast