Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Am I wrong about this ? It seems to me , in FA with the exception of Bradberry and Martinez, the Giants have brought in a plethora of mediocre players ?

It reminds me of what The Knicks did in FA last year .
    Agreed. The one thing I want to know is how many were asked for by Judge. Because itís one thing if weíre still building on DGís outdated ďI got a feelin about dis kidĒ approach and quite another if Judge is carrying on the Belichick approach of finding the right character guys that fit the system.

We had to bring in a plethora of mediocre players because at this point, especially on defense, we severely lacked depth. We had guys starting for us last year that maybe donít even belong in the nfl

Thus far all I see is continuation of the DG philosophy to build a defense to stop the run. Thatís fine if you also invest in guys who can also rush the passer, but he seems to think secondaries can handle quarterbacks on their own and they front 7s are for the running game.

The 2 GB linebackers are just Graham guys. Betcher did the same thing and we ended up with Ogletree, Bethea and Golden - and only Golden worked out.

We still donít have anyone who can get to the quarterback. We still donít have anyone that can cover a TE. Itís as if no one has watched the last 2 years of Giants game film where quarterbacks had all the time in the world and TEs smoked us week after week.

That leaves a lot of work in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Official cap space

NYG: 19,556,709

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Official cap space

So letís get Golden

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Thus far all I see is continuation of the DG philosophy to build a defense to stop the run. Thatís fine if you also invest in guys who can also rush the passer, but he seems to think secondaries can handle quarterbacks on their own and they front 7s are for the running game.

The 2 GB linebackers are just Graham guys. Betcher did the same thing and we ended up with Ogletree, Bethea and Golden - and only Golden worked out.

We still donít have anyone who can get to the quarterback. We still donít have anyone that can cover a TE. Itís as if no one has watched the last 2 years of Giants game film where quarterbacks had all the time in the world and TEs smoked us week after week.

That leaves a lot of work in the draft.

If you ask me, this is all the result of Gettyís biggest mistake: he thought we could still be a contender in his first year. He was wrong. So now weíre basically only in the beginning of our 2nd rebuilding year. Hence the holes in the roster

Official cap space

Does this factor in what we need for the draft?

Bring back golden draft Simmons. Ideally trade back with Miami grab an extra pick and still get Simmons. I read that we are ďzeroing in ď on Simmons so thatís pretty exciting to me.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Does this factor in what we need for the draft?

No, that's the total available cap space at this time.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Bring back golden draft Simmons. Ideally trade back with Miami grab an extra pick and still get Simmons. I read that we are ďzeroing in ď on Simmons so thatís pretty exciting to me.
    Why don't you think that the Lions won't trade back with Miami and get the extra pick ?

Why don't you think that the Lions won't trade back with Miami and get the extra pick ?
    He said his thought is ideally. He didn't say it would happen. I think it's less likely because DG has literally never traded back in round 1.

I mean they probably will if I had to guess, Iím hoping they donít.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

He said his thought is ideally. He didn't say it would happen. I think it's less likely because DG has literally never traded back in round 1.

Only hope I have is DG said heís open to trading down
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I think we're all hoping for DG to become a GM he has never been before - forward thinking and open to trading down in the draft to maximize value.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Does Anyone think that the draft should be postponed ?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast