Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Mosley didnít really play last year either, so thereís that. Hopefully other guys like Cashman, Williamson, Davis, Williams and McDougald step up to keep the D respectable. I trust the DC to work with what he has. Also, hopefully CB play is better this year.
    If we get good CB play, this D becomes. very different. Even decent CB play. I trust our DC.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Winters was cut... 7.3MM saved

Surprised he lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Surprised he lasted this long.
    Its all about timing.

With Winters on the books:
    Before the Jets could tell Jamal Adams that they'd love to give him a new contract right now this year, but unfortunately by doing so it would put the team flush against the cap with little to no maneuverability.

With Winters off the books:
    Now the Jets have are in great position cap-wise BUT they will have to restock the roster again next year as there are a number of key 1-year deals and players who will be up for new contracts.

Jets FA's next year:
    *Tarell Basham, DE/OLB
    Josh Bellamy, WR
    *Pierre Desir, CB
    Nick Hairston, CB
    Jonotthan Harrison, C
    *Jordan Jenkins, OLB
    *Marcus Maye, S
    Conor McDermott, OT
    *Steve McLendon, DT
    *Patrick Onwuasor, LB
    *Breshad Perriman, WR
    *Brian Poole, CB
    *Avery Williamson, LB

Even with the cap going down, the Jets will have some flex next year.

They are still in position to acquire a player or 2 this year, if they so choose, but rolling over as much as possible seems like the quality play.
    Bringing back Cordy Glenn as a backup OT would be a solid move, as he could also mentor both Becton and Clark. As a backup, Glenn's injury history is not as worrisome.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-03-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If we get good CB play, this D becomes. very different. Even decent CB play. I trust our DC.
    I trust him also. But if you really want to step up out CB play, trade for Yannick Ngakoue !!!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I trust him also. But if you really want to step up out CB play, trade for Yannick Ngakoue !!!
    Trading for Yannick is unlikely right now because the Jets can't resign him now.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Its all about timing.

With Winters on the books:
    Before the Jets could tell Jamal Adams that they'd love to give him a new contract right now this year, but unfortunately by doing so it would put the team flush against the cap with little to no maneuverability.

With Winters off the books:
    Now the Jets have are in great position cap-wise BUT they will have to restock the roster again next year as there are a number of key 1-year deals and players who will be up for new contracts.

Jets FA's next year:
    *Tarell Basham, DE/OLB
    Josh Bellamy, WR
    *Pierre Desir, CB
    Nick Hairston, CB
    Jonotthan Harrison, C
    *Jordan Jenkins, OLB
    *Marcus Maye, S
    Conor McDermott, OT
    *Steve McLendon, DT
    *Patrick Onwuasor, LB
    *Breshad Perriman, WR
    *Brian Poole, CB
    *Avery Williamson, LB

Even with the cap going down, the Jets will have some flex next year.

They are still in position to acquire a player or 2 this year, if they so choose, but rolling over as much as possible seems like the quality play.
    Bringing back Cordy Glenn as a backup OT would be a solid move, as he could also mentor both Becton and Clark. As a backup, Glenn's injury history is not as worrisome.
    Who?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I was all in on that. A first likely could have gotten it done. But as posted by others, we could resign him.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Who?
    Just because he's not here anymore, doesn't mean you have to ignore his contributions to the team while he was here.

But hopefully you'll recognize his going away gift to us as 3 drafted pro-bowlers and a solid starter.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-03-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I was all in on that. A first likely could have gotten it done. But as posted by others, we could resign him.
    A 2nd could have gotten it done and may still get it done.
    Just be aware that he wants major money.
    Reportedly the amount is significantly more than what Adams wants, especially after Garrett's mega-deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    A 2nd could have gotten it done and may still get it done.
    Just be aware that he wants major money.
    Reportedly the amount is significantly more than what Adams wants, especially after Garrett's mega-deal.
    Pass rushers make more money than safeties

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    When Adams signs his contract, he'll make more than a majority of passrushers.
    He's not a typical safety.
    Last edited by MrX27; 08-03-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I admit it would be funny and a sap in the face to Adams, if they signed him for a huge deal

Then again, Adams would probably have a 12 sack season and Ngakoue would have 9.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364