Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    The Athletic's Connor Hughes wonders if Jets ILB Avery Williamson (knee) will be released once healthy.

Williamson is entering the final year of his three-year deal and missed all of last season with a torn ACL suffered in the preseason. Williamson carries an $8.5 million cap number, and the Jets can save $6.5 million of that by releasing him. They just have to wait until he can pass a physical. The Jets are loaded at inside linebacker, returning C.J. Mosley, Neville Hewitt, and James Burgess while adding Patrick Onwuasor. Williamson being cut seems like a no-brainer move.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...ery-williamson

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    But then we'd have a hole at RB.
    Who would be our starting RB?

If people here believe in Gase, then giving him the best overall talent is smartest.
    If Gase chooses not to use that talent to their best ability, then we should replace him with a coach that will.

Its not improbable but doubtful we'd find another RB equal to Bell's ability.

Bell is definitely worth having around for another year, I'm still skeptical that Gase is worth having around for another year.
    Especially if he doesn't know how to use Bell.
    Lets face it, if Gase can't use Bell properly (a pro bowl multipurpose RB that also excels when lined up as a WR), then it's very likely that Gase won't succeed with any RB.

Getting rid of Bell would be a mistake, unless another team is willing to overpay in draft compensation to the tune of a 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder.
    Otherwise he's still the best option for this team that still doesn't have a complete set of starting WRs.

He's only the best option if the coach PLAYS him as if he's his best option.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    He's only the best option if the coach PLAYS him as if he's his best option.
    True and in all actuality, even if Adam Gase doesn't want to play him that way, he still is the best offensive weapon and option, especially for a team with no true WR1.

We'll see how this plays out soon enough.

I think we should get Jeudy or Lamb with our first pick and flip one of our thirds for Trent Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Knickstape4eva View Post
    I think we should get Jeudy or Lamb with our first pick and flip one of our thirds for Trent Williams.
    Peter King still says Williams or Peters could be an option if the Jets go that route.

Are the Jets a better team with CeeDee, Jeudy or Ruggs in the 1st then drafting an OL like Ruiz, Cleveland or Peart in the 2nd than a draft of Wirfs, Wills, Becton in the 1st then drafting Pittman, Aiyuk or Hamler in the 2nd?

Welcome to the board.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Thanks bro.

I think we are much better with CeeDee, Juedy or Ruggs in the first while also trading for Williams or peters. That way we can fill out the roster a bit more. If we can get someone who is gets open Sam can start getting the ball out quicker.

I think the top 3 wrís are in a diff tier that the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Knickstape4eva View Post
    Welcome to the crew.

Agreed, especially if Williams lowers his price tag a bit.
    Peters age worries me but he's been steady nonetheless.

Gil Brandt comps Top 5 Receivers
    Jeudy - Antonio Brown

CeeDee - Dez Bryant

Jefferson - Cooper Kupp

Aiyuk - DJ Moore

Ruggs III - Darrius Heyward-Bey

YS is going to hate that.

Gil is getting up there in age.

I was too lazy to check our cap situation, but if we do have the money, I think Clowney is a no brainer signing at this point. First is the obvious one, he is a tremendous player (yes, I know about his injury history) but he can rush the passer and actually plays the run very well. Secondly, it opens up the first three rounds of our draft. Now we can focus on 2 WR's and 2 O-linemen with our first four picks. Third, he may cost roughly 15-17 million, but if we are able to sign him on a one year deal, it would keep our flexibility going into next season's free agency. You still need players to win in this league, and this guy is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I was too lazy to check our cap situation, but if we do have the money, I think Clowney is a no brainer signing at this point. First is the obvious one, he is a tremendous player (yes, I know about his injury history) but he can rush the passer and actually plays the run very well. Secondly, it opens up the first three rounds of our draft. Now we can focus on 2 WR's and 2 O-linemen with our first four picks. Third, he may cost roughly 15-17 million, but if we are able to sign him on a one year deal, it would keep our flexibility going into next season's free agency. You still need players to win in this league, and this guy is a stud.
    I like the idea of getting Clowney because it allows for more draft flexibility and depth, but I only want the Jets to do that if itís on a deal that doesnít guarantee much money after one year. Thatís better for the team and is hopefully motivation for the player. He hasnít produced consistently enough and has been injured too often to roll the dice one a long term deal for him.

The Jets have 17m in cap space now . That does not include Jenkins 5m, Fales 1m and Maulet 2m. I am guessing on Fales and Maulet. That leaves 9m left. They will get 11m after Johnson's release becomes official in June. They will need about 8m for the draft picks, so they will end up with about 12m to play with. They will probable release a few of the fringe players and reach a injury settlement with Enunwa. That is not official but I can't see him continuing to play with his neck injury. They have Winters @ 7m and Williamson @ about 7m they can either trade or release. So they have some flexibility if they chose to use it. Also heard they might draft a punter and not resign Edwards. Should be interesting.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    The Jets have 17m in cap space now . That does not include Jenkins 5m, Fales 1m and Maulet 2m. I am guessing on Fales and Maulet. That leaves 9m left. They will get 11m after Johnson's release becomes official in June. They will need about 8m for the draft picks, so they will end up with about 12m to play with. They will probable release a few of the fringe players and reach a injury settlement with Enunwa. That is not official but I can't see him continuing to play with his neck injury. They have Winters @ 7m and Williamson @ about 7m they can either trade or release. So they have some flexibility if they chose to use it. Also heard they might draft a punter and not resign Edwards. Should be interesting.
    I actually think that 17 includes all signings.

This was written on march 25th and we had 25 mil. So your numbers for False, Maulet and Fales equal 8 mil which brings us to 17 mil
    https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ny-...ild-salary-cap

I agree that if they have a legit shot at Clowney, they cut a couple people and clear another 12-14 mil. and end up with enough to make that move plus a little in the bank.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Jets should keep Williamson unless they need to make room for a big name.

He is solid, and honestly Iím not sold on cashman taking full time reps and being counted on for a full season. If he can prove he can stay healthy then see you later but until then we should hang on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast