Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Apparently we signed Josh Doctson... another guy with tons of potential but laundry list of injuries. Guess we’ll see how he pans out during offseason program and preseason...
    Minnesota wanted him.

Insurance in case Robby bolts.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Apparently we signed Josh Doctson... another guy with tons of potential but laundry list of injuries. Guess we’ll see how he pans out during offseason program and preseason...
    Not a burner but should be a solid player.
    He'll get an opportunity to shine here, the rest is in him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Not a burner but should be a solid player.
    He'll get an opportunity to shine here, the rest is in him.
    Feels like they’re aiming for the big play guy either by retaining robby or drafting “that” guy early in the draft... we’ll fill out the rest of the corps with “reliable” guys who can be there for sam if the pocket doesn’t hold up

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Doctson is a low risk - high reward option.
    I like the signing.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

If we can get him for a 4th great, but it may take more, as other teams would probably easily top that.
    The Jets rejected a trade offer for Robbie Anderson last year for a 4th, for comparison.

If we can get OBJ for the 2nd 3rd, we can pair him with Jeudy/Lamb, plus add either 2 OL with the 2nd and 3rd, or PREFERABLY go OL in the 2nd and (if he's there in the 3rd) OLB Curtis Weaver.

This is a plus situation for the offense, while adding a passrusher.

My only concern is Gase and OBJ clashing over the offense, if Gase hasn't taken leaps forward from his lackluster coaching.

Diggs vs OBJ, interesting.
    Diggs is easily a 2nd rounder potentially more with another pick, like a 2+5 or 6
    OBJ won’t be happening, Gase can’t handle him (I don’t know any coach who could)

The below might be a dream outcome for the offense
    Resign Beachum
    Sign Conklin
    Sign Thuney
    Trade for Diggs for 2nd and 5th
    Draft Jeudy/Lamb
    Draft Cesar Ruiz in the 3rd
    Resign Alex Lewis, battle with Edoga for the other guard position

That should be a substantial upgrade

Apparently, Stefon Diggs REALLY wants out of Minn.
    He's deleted all references to the team from his instagram.
    Usually means a player is moving on.
    Plus Minn is over the cap, so they should be a motivated seller.

Also, Trent Williams may now be available from Washington.
    Before they it was hoped the 2 sides would find ground but now Washington is checking the trade market for him.

So who do you like more Diggs or OBJ?
    And are you interested in Trent Williams?
    Williams is great, but I’d be concerned over the contract he wants and his age plus what the Redskins may want for him

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Why would I want to trade for OBJ or Diggs and give up premium draft capital, plus take on contracts at 14+ million per year when I could just give Robby Anderson 14 million a year and keep my 8 draft choices?
    Because Robby isn’t a fraction of the talent Diggs and OBJ are. Both those guys are complete WR who are legitimate #1 guys. Robby is a #2 and disappears when asked to be a #1.

Now Robby and Diggs would be scary, Robby would put up very good #s with a legit #1 next to him. I feel bad for the team that signs him if they expect him to be a #1

No way Diggs goes for that much.
    And OBJ would have worn out his welcome with the only 2 teams he's been on.
    He's a problem.
    A talented one, but a problem nonetheless.

Also OBJ only wants to come to the Jets because it is New York, he likes the bright lights and the attention.
    You know that is a massive factor, as to why he wants to be here.

Diggs and Cousins just didn't gel, sometimes that happens but i haven't heard anything about him being a diva in Minnesota. Maybe he was, but not to the extent of OBJ for sure.

With a cheaper contract and good health, Diggs is worth the 1st 3rd rounder that I won't give up for OBJ.
    They’re both divas, but OBJ is on another level.
    If Diggs is available for a 3rd....JUMP ON IT
    That’s a steal...hell, even this year 3rd and next year 3rd would be a steal

Ravens expected to franchise LB Matt Judon http://dlvr.it/RQbFps

Well that blows.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Ravens expected to franchise LB Matt Judon http://dlvr.it/RQbFps

Well that blows.

I was hoping we would get a shot at signing him

Yannick Ngakoue expected to hit FA unless Jacksonville salary dumps other key players.

Although Clowney will be the biggest talent at Edge FA, Ngakoue should be THEE prime target if he hits the market.
    Only 25 yrs old and getting better.

***Update: Just read he's "reportedly" looking for a long-term deal in the $20-22M/yr range.
    Great googly moogly!
    Last edited by MrX27; 02-24-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Yannick Ngakoue expected to hit FA unless Jacksonville salary dumps other key players.

Although Clowney will be the biggest talent at Edge FA, Ngakoue should be THEE prime target if he hits the market.
    Only 25 yrs old and getting better.

***Update: Just read he's "reportedly" looking for a long-term deal in the $20-22M/yr range.
    Great googly moogly!
    Quadruple pass on that price tag! Great young talent but there are maybe 5 guys in the entire league worth that money... and yannick ain’t one of’em

Quadruple pass on that price tag! Great young talent but there are maybe 5 guys in the entire league worth that money... and yannick ain’t one of’em
    These guys get grossly overpaid when they hit FA

I’d be surprised if he gets $20M+, but ya never know

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    These guys get grossly overpaid when they hit FA

I’d be surprised if he gets $20M+, but ya never know
    I know... it’s one of the main reasons Mac is gone. Couldn’t draft well so had to rely on FA and overpaid players.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Will the CBA affect the salary cap?

If so, I wonder if these guys are factoring in that as a set point.

No way would I go 20+ mil Just like I wouldn't go 14 for Robbie with the current cap. If 15 mil or so were added? Maybe

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast