Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 279
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,506
    That final drive might of gotten stefanski a new job.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34,070
    Today was great. **** the Saints. **** everything about them. 3rd year in a row they lose in heartbreaking fashion. Love it.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,565
    I think that was definitely PI on Rudolph but I'm glad they didn't overturn it.

    It's a ****ing terrible rule.

    Still a great throw and catch even with it.

    Kirk came up big. Awesome win for you guys!

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    As Shannon Sharpe would say, Kirk first Cousins finally gets it done. Hopefully were not done yet, but im happy for the guy hes had a rough go of it and has heard all the criticism (from me included). If im this excited, I can only imagine what hes feeling like right about now.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    All I'm saying is this.... We paid Cousins to be Aaron Rodgers, so lets stop play calling like he's Trent Dilfer. When you put that kind of money up, you live and die by it. Cousins can make any throw on the field if he has some time. Take the the tit out of Stefanski's mouth and start letting Kirk ball. We can't expect our defense to do this 2 more games on the road with the remaining teams.
    I dont think we have the pass blocking talent for that, only way our pass game works is when we are running well and can sell the play action. QB's rareley ball out and win in the playoffs anyway, Brady's best post season game was a SB loss.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,329
    It really is a bad rule, dude is simply out manned and should be rewarded?

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34,070

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34,070
    Lolololololololololol

  9. #264
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    7,201
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    So to all the doubters we had in here.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFHIlwCSq0
    I stand corrected. Id think the same thing if we did it again though.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,999
    Zimmer outcoached Payton. Cousins outplayed Brees.

    Man was I wrong about wanting to trade Rudy this last offseason.

    Unsung heroes: Rhodes, Bailey, second half Thielen, Hunter/Griffen, o-line

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,124
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Zimmer outcoached Payton. Cousins outplayed Brees.

    Man was I wrong about wanting to trade Rudy this last offseason.

    Unsung heroes: Rhodes, Bailey, second half Thielen, Hunter/Griffen, o-line
    Zimmer was elite!! Games like this should shut everyone up but of course we'll wait until next week. Don't want to lay another egg after a big win.

    I was totally wrong about Kyle as well. I was baffled when we offered him the 5 year contract, thought we should have just moved on. This is why I sit behind my computer at home lol. I saw on twitter that over his career QB's that target Rudy have like a 110 rating.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,417
    man what game, no voice at all today from yelling.

    Zimmer- Finally makes impactful adjustments! Putting Griffin and Hunter at DT randomly throughout the game produced pressures, sacks, and a HUGE turnover.

    Sendejo in the nickel... Man I was terrified seeing that early in the game but he actually played pretty good! Would have liked to see Kearse matched up on Cook a little but i'm not complaining.

    Rhodes- Aside from the blown TD played like his hair was on fire and like the guy we had loved and lost the last season and a half. Hope he's got stinger and can replicate that play the rest of the way.

    Rudolph LOL What a game. I joked during the game he had saved every JUKE and BREAKTACKLE of his career for yesterdays game. First time I have ever seen him fight for extra yards and attempt moves. He made a couple of outstanding plays to get first downs and came up huge when called on.

    Stefanski get's a C+ grade IMO. Too many outside runs after the saints adjusted to stop it and it could have killed us at the end. Ran two toss plays when we needed a 1st down to seal a victory and or/run clock. Running a guy 3-5 yards deep toward the sideline was terrible. Also did anyone else notice the vikings didn't run a single bootleg? Maybe 1-2 that I missed but it seemed Kirk never really left the pocket all game.

    Also, the subsitutions on offense were baffling. Did anyone else notice Diggs/Theilen/Cook all rotated out nearly every single play. Cook would get a 5 yard run and come out. Almost like he was on a pitch count and they were not going to overwork him. I understand that but watching Mattison in on 1st and goal from the 3 was the most I yelled at the tv all day.

    What a freaking win!

    Also to all the Saints sympathizers that are talking about this "Heartbreaking" loss. Why was it so heartbreaking? What did the Saints do to win. They never led after the first FG and were dominated in every facet other than special teams that kept them in it. I wouldn't call it heartbreaking to come up short on a game they were never in a position to actually win.

    SKOL SKOL SKOL SKOL SKOL

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,124
    Hey some of ya'll I see have given credit to Zimmer when you dogged him all season...props to you. All I got to say is we beat and outplayed probably the hottest football team coming into the playoffs on the NFC side. Some would argue they were the best team. I know I didn't like our matchup as well as some other teams.

    I read earlier this week on twitter that the Saints were ranked #1 in the analytics. I thought it was football outsiders but when I go out there they are ranked 4th which still makes the win impressive.

    S.F. for comparison is 5th in total DVOA. 9ers got some dawgs on both sides of the ball and my biggest fear is the front 4 against our OL. I think Jimmy G will give us some TO opportunities. So I would not be surprised if it's a similar game that we just played.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,124
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    man what game, no voice at all today from yelling.

    Zimmer- Finally makes impactful adjustments! Putting Griffin and Hunter at DT randomly throughout the game produced pressures, sacks, and a HUGE turnover.

    Sendejo in the nickel... Man I was terrified seeing that early in the game but he actually played pretty good! Would have liked to see Kearse matched up on Cook a little but i'm not complaining.

    Rhodes- Aside from the blown TD played like his hair was on fire and like the guy we had loved and lost the last season and a half. Hope he's got stinger and can replicate that play the rest of the way.

    Rudolph LOL What a game. I joked during the game he had saved every JUKE and BREAKTACKLE of his career for yesterdays game. First time I have ever seen him fight for extra yards and attempt moves. He made a couple of outstanding plays to get first downs and came up huge when called on.

    Stefanski get's a C+ grade IMO. Too many outside runs after the saints adjusted to stop it and it could have killed us at the end. Ran two toss plays when we needed a 1st down to seal a victory and or/run clock. Running a guy 3-5 yards deep toward the sideline was terrible. Also did anyone else notice the vikings didn't run a single bootleg? Maybe 1-2 that I missed but it seemed Kirk never really left the pocket all game.

    Also, the subsitutions on offense were baffling. Did anyone else notice Diggs/Theilen/Cook all rotated out nearly every single play. Cook would get a 5 yard run and come out. Almost like he was on a pitch count and they were not going to overwork him. I understand that but watching Mattison in on 1st and goal from the 3 was the most I yelled at the tv all day.

    What a freaking win!

    Also to all the Saints sympathizers that are talking about this "Heartbreaking" loss. Why was it so heartbreaking? What did the Saints do to win. They never led after the first FG and were dominated in every facet other than special teams that kept them in it. I wouldn't call it heartbreaking to come up short on a game they were never in a position to actually win.

    SKOL SKOL SKOL SKOL SKOL
    I agree with almost all of what you said. Zimmer has been making impactful adjustments the day he got in here. But I agree that the adjustments he made this game were very impactful. I was very worried that we would not be able to get pressure up the middle and damn that was what essentially won us the game. Brees could not get in a groove.

    I didn't notice the subs at the end so not sure what the deal with that was.

    Agree Stefanski had some questionable calls with those tosses. Especially when it seemed we had so much success between the tackles.

    **** the Saints and their whiny *** fanbase.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Hey some of ya'll I see have given credit to Zimmer when you dogged him all season...props to you. All I got to say is we beat and outplayed probably the hottest football team coming into the playoffs on the NFC side. Some would argue they were the best team. I know I didn't like our matchup as well as some other teams.

    I read earlier this week on twitter that the Saints were ranked #1 in the analytics. I thought it was football outsiders but when I go out there they are ranked 4th which still makes the win impressive.

    S.F. for comparison is 5th in total DVOA. 9ers got some dawgs on both sides of the ball and my biggest fear is the front 4 against our OL. I think Jimmy G will give us some TO opportunities. So I would not be surprised if it's a similar game that we just played.
    I watch the games with the same group of guys every week and 3 of them are die hard 49ers fans. This is a match up I have wanted to see all year as I feel the 49ers are the closest team to the Vikings in the NFL. Cousins and Jimmy G are similar Qbs in that they excel in PA and are not asked to be the hero (both struggle when asked to do so) We both want to run first and both teams have stingy Ds with good front 7s.

    The 49ers Dline does scare me a ton but I think if Zimmer uses the same scheme and rotation he did yesterday that our Dline will give them just as much trouble. I can easily see this being a 10-9 type scoring game.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •