Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bruce Allen out; Ron Rivera likely in

Per Schefter.

While I am absolutely ecstatic that Allen is out, Rivera doesn't move the needle for me. He has the same amount of winning seasons in Carolina that Bruce had here over the same time period, and after that great 2015 season, Rivera has a sub .500 record despite having some pretty good talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    While I am absolutely ecstatic that Allen is out, Rivera doesn't move the needle for me. He has the same amount of winning seasons in Carolina that Bruce had here over the same time period, and after that great 2015 season, Rivera has a sub .500 record despite having some pretty good talent.
    Id get excited for Riverboat Ron. Look at the collapse after he was fired and maybe the record 16-19 was actually overachieving.

Ron is probably exactly what you need for the next 3-5 years. He can make a 6 win talent team a borderline playoff team, or he can make a playoff caliber team .500 and piggy back off of generational talents.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Id get excited for Riverboat Ron. Look at the collapse after he was fired and maybe the record 16-19 was actually overachieving.
    I'll say the lack of winning records wasn't necessarily his fault, but he also isn't absolved of blame. We're talking about Captain Nepotism here who never hired outside of his own cronies and let Mike ****ing Shula be an OC for 5 years. It's not his fault that the OL has always been trash, but it is his fault that weve been stuck with coordinators who arent qualified, can't make adjustments, and run overly complex schemes from 1990.

The worst thing this means for Washington is that they're gonna have Shula and Wilks as possible coordinators.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I'm just glad Bruce is gone. Maybe they'll cough up Trent to the Browns for one of our 3rd round picks.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'm just glad Bruce is gone. Maybe they'll cough up Trent to the Browns for one of our 3rd round picks.
    Every LT needy team in the league will give up a 3rd. Now that it's the offseason, I expect now that it's the offseason his value is either a 1st or 2nd

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I'm really happy for all the Redskins fans today. It's gotta be such a good feeling knowing that Bruce Allen is finally gone

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Ron is probably exactly what you need for the next 3-5 years. He can make a 6 win talent team a borderline playoff team, or he can make a playoff caliber team .500 and piggy back off of generational talents.

I'll say the lack of winning records wasn't necessarily his fault, but he also isn't absolved of blame. We're talking about Captain Nepotism here who never hired outside of his own cronies and let Mike ****ing Shula be an OC for 5 years. It's not his fault that the OL has always been trash, but it is his fault that weve been stuck with coordinators who arent qualified, can't make adjustments, and run overly complex schemes from 1990.

The worst thing this means for Washington is that they're gonna have Shula and Wilks as possible coordinators.
    Great. I thought Bruce and Jay were the nepotism guys to worry about. So we have a guy who has three winning seasons in nine years, none of them back to back, and who can't look past his own friends to hire for jobs........it sounds like we have Bruce and Jay back as head coach.

Great. I thought Bruce and Jay were the nepotism guys to worry about. So we have a guy who has three winning seasons in nine years, none of them back to back, and who can't look past his own friends to hire for jobs........it sounds like we have Bruce and Jay back as head coach.
    I'm honestly interested in seeing how it goes. Most panther fans think he was mediocre and thrived off of Cam carrying the other side of the ball, but I think he's a bit better than that. I think if you guys draft Young that'll give him enough talent to get the defense competitive but he'll need Haskins to grow up quick.

But yeah; the nepotism is real. There's already speculation that you guys will have our 2017 coaching staff.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

waiting for a team to sign MM... they will regret that game 1

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    waiting for a team to sign MM... they will regret that game 1
    Our new owner allegedly likes him and they both have Pittsburgh ties. I'm ****ing terrified

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

As an Eagle fan this kind of scares me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Our new owner allegedly likes him and they both have Pittsburgh ties. I'm ****ing terrified
    Well if you want the silver lining, ex-minority owners of the Steelers that get their own team end up making ****** decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well if you want the silver lining, ex-minority owners of the Steelers that get their own team end up making ****** decisions.
    How is that the silver lining? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    How is that the silver lining? [emoji23]
    Sarcasm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast