Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My brain hurts trying to read his posts.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

This thread has become gold!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Even if salaries were dead even I'd take Gleyber over him due to how young he is.
    lindor is 26 not exactly by anyone standars old..

my point in this whole post was to get lindor and clevinger the yanks would get it done and keep severino as well by trading gleyber to the indians.. that makes the yanks a better team..how can anyone argue against that...even though i know this is just fantasy stuff since it won't happen...

Johnny i dont know if u started partying early for NYE or if u just fell down and hit your.... multiple times.
    Torres is 22, dirt cheap,, com8ng off a monster sophomore yr were many player take a step back and most importantly was an absolute beast in the postseason. He actually, at 22, played extremely well when the pressure was the biggest. When your as championship goal orientated as the Yanks are , when u find a player like that u dont move him.. period.

Also what in the world makes u think at 22 we've seen the best from Torres, he's still multiple yr away from his peak production yrs.

I love Lindor andd think he's probably the best SS in baseball but there is no way i trade Torres straight up for Lindor or add him to that huge package to get Lindor and Clevinger. Adding him to that package, even taking out Sevy, would just make it even more lopsided in favor for Cleveland

The way i look at that trade we would be giving op Sanchez, Dominguez and Florial for 2yrs of Lindor...way, way to much,
    Then we have Sevy, Lasagna for Clevinger, Which wouldn't be completely out of lin. I prefer Sevy and his age or Clevinger
    Then u have Miggy and Frazier for Hand, solid pass

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    The way i look at that trade we would be giving op Sanchez, Dominguez and Florial for 2yrs of Lindor...way, way to much,
    Then we have Sevy, Lasagna for Clevinger, Which wouldn't be completely out of lin. I prefer Sevy and his age or Clevinger
    Then u have Miggy and Frazier for Hand, solid pass
    So, even though against the rules, if we kept either Gary or Jasson. Would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nicky good to see you are OK. I was a day away from sending out the PSD search and rescue team!

Now, back to BB. Please don't conflate Gardy signing and Didi walking. Imo they are unrelated. They spent $324M on Cole, I feel confident if they wanted Didi back they could have found the money in the seat cushions in Hals office. Again, imo they had a lower cost and younger alternative in Torres. It shouldn't come as a surprise, the handwriting was on the wall. I had been suggesting the inevitability for over a year.
    I was good, no issues, just a little busy.

How much money is Frazier, Tauchman? They could easily hold down the fort until Hicks gets back.
    Gardy is a clubhouse presence that Cashman likes and I get that but he should have just told Cashman that he would take a discount for $2 million.

My OF would have been Stanton, Frazier, Tauch, Judge and a $515,000 player until Hicks returns.

Didi was the perfect SS after Jeter. He had range and made spectacular plays. He hit huge homeruns in Oct. He will be missed.

But lets get serious about Lindor.

How much money is he going to want? Then Judge, Torres, Sanchez?

Hal wants to take care of his own from here on out. Lindor is NOT coming as it would strip the farm bare and Id rather have those resources to help balance the future payrolls. I also believe Tanaka returns as he has been a terrific #2,Mike Mussina type, so he will cost some money too. And if Pax finally puts it all together then they will have to resign him as well.

Id try to get that wife beater the Cubs had. He is a good stop gap. I like Torres at 2b.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-01-2020 at 07:18 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    Mush, just to clarify.....

We did NOT let Didi walk BECAUSE we signed Gardy. Idk if that's where you're getting at but that's what some make it seem like.

Didi's writing was on the wall. I loved him, and really wish we could have kept him, but Torres will make that pill easy to swallow (that's what she said) but I can almost guarantee you that if it wasn't for Hicks going down, Gardy is most likely taking the walk also.

Still feel Didi at SS and Torres at 2b was our best option. The QO would have kept him easily.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    lindor is 26 not exactly by anyone standars old..
    Not old but going to be very expensive. We have to pay our own first.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Anyone who wants to trade Torres is undervaluing our players. It's like the Nationals trading Juan Soto and he doesn't play middle infield.

Also, what happens if you trade Torres for Lindor and Lindor's arbitration salary is close to $30 million and DJ has a better year than him and walks because you are looking to pay DJ less than $20 million. Then you are going to have Lindor who will want a 12 year contract at $35 million + and you might not give it to him and you'll go from a potential dynasty to a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Id be on the fence only because I think Sevy is garbage and Gary is useless but we have no backup for Gary and that Jason kid is supposed to be a Trout.

Sevy won 19 games in 2018 with 220 K's. You call that garbage? LOL!!! And I'd love to know how a catcher that hit 34 home runs is useless. That's just total nonsense. There's no one in MLB that would agree with you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Leo, im not looking to give up any of Sanchez, Sevy, Dominique and especially Torres.. That said specs are a huge gamble, especially at 17 and never been stateside. Clevinger is a very good pitcher but at 29 his track record is pretty thin and both at their best isnt better than Sevy.

If their was an above average C available, id be willing to part with Sanchez for Lindor.

If u want to construct a new deal and ask id have a much better answer for u

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Leo, im not looking to give up any of Sanchez, Sevy, Dominique and especially Torres.. That said specs are a huge gamble, especially at 17 and never been stateside. Clevinger is a very good pitcher but at 29 his track record is pretty thin and both at their best isnt better than Sevy.

If their was an above average C available, id be willing to part with Sanchez for Lindor.

If u want to construct a new deal and ask id have a much better answer for u
    Torres is untouchable for me. No idea why he was even brought into this.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Sevy won 19 games in 2018 with 220 K's. You call that garbage? LOL!!! And I'd love to know how a catcher that hit 34 home runs is useless. That's just total nonsense. There's no one in MLB that would agree with you.
    Wins and home runs make you great?

Ill call Ivan and Sunday. Then Mark Reynolds. We will easily win a ring then.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast