Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Blockbuster Would Ya! - Buckle up!

Cleveland is dangling Clevinger, Lindor and Hand.

No substitutes.

Yanks get all 3.

Cleveland gets:

Dominguez
    Florial
    Frazier
    Lasagna
    Severino
    Gary
    Miggy

Would ya???
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

They want that for Lindor alone.

What some seem to forget Clevinger is a young, talented, controllable pitcher his value is extremely high, particularly for a lower-payroll team like Cleveland.
    Last edited by drt1010; 12-30-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yes

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes
    Clown loves the big trades!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Clown loves the big trades!
    Clown loves big.. Nevermind.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

No substitutes.

Yanks get all 3.

Cleveland gets:

Dominguez
    Florial
    Frazier
    Lasagna
    Severino
    Gary
    Miggy

Would ya???
    No.

Thats a tough one for me. There would have to been several other move we'd have to make before id do that.

Also were giving up a ton of yrs of control of pretty cheap talent and a spec that could be a superstar for short term control of 2 expensive pieces in Lindor and Hand plus Clevinger.

I have one large concern about Clevinger, he's still a young, developing pitcher and we have no idea if he can uandle pitching in NY or more importantly in NY in the playoffs.

Clevinger is very good but he's been a bit injury prone. The other thing is Clevenger is still a young and developing pitcher, we have no idea if he could handle pitching in NY or most importantly the playoffs. At there best and healthy their numbers a fairly similar and we atleast know Sevy can handle NY. I just can't talk myself into thinking Clevenger is that much better or has a significantly higher ceiling to make it make sense enough to give up Sevy plus, plus for him.. Sevy has had 2 5 war seasons in the last 3yrs compared to 1 for Clevenger.

I also think because Cole is going to be the one who all the pressure is going to be on and be the leader of the staff, IMO thats going to free Sevy up and take the pressure off him and free Sevy to just worry about performing on his day instead of having to be the ace and stopper he had to be the last couple yrs. I know alot of people are ready to move on from Sevy but i still absolutely think he going to develop into our 2nd ace.

Another concern i have is were giving away a ton of talent that could leave us in a very tricky spot for a while like Dombrowski did for the Soxs. Having a consistent pipeline is a very important thing for teams to stay at the top. This move would take a ton of talent out of the system so i question if it would be a smart move.

I would absolutely insist on a 72 hr window to workout an extension for Lindor, no extension absolutely no deal.

Without knowing if we could find another C that was atleast league average or better and not knowing if Lindor would sign an extension I pass

No substitutes.

Yanks get all 3.

Cleveland gets:

Dominguez
    Florial
    Frazier
    Lasagna
    Severino
    Gary
    Miggy

Would ya???

Not in this lifetime. Good grief!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

i want lindor more than anything but no
    [IMG][/IMG]

I’d be on the fence only because I think Sevy is garbage and Gary is useless but we have no backup for Gary and that Jason kid is supposed to be a Trout.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

No. Too much.

I wouldn't do that no, too much being giving up on that packaged deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thats a tough one for me. There would have to been several other move we'd have to make before id do that.

Also were giving up a ton of yrs of control of pretty cheap talent and a spec that could be a superstar for short term control of 2 expensive pieces in Lindor and Hand plus Clevinger.

I have one large concern about Clevinger, he's still a young, developing pitcher and we have no idea if he can uandle pitching in NY or more importantly in NY in the playoffs.

Clevinger is very good but he's been a bit injury prone. The other thing is Clevenger is still a young and developing pitcher, we have no idea if he could handle pitching in NY or most importantly the playoffs. At there best and healthy their numbers a fairly similar and we atleast know Sevy can handle NY. I just can't talk myself into thinking Clevenger is that much better or has a significantly higher ceiling to make it make sense enough to give up Sevy plus, plus for him.. Sevy has had 2 5 war seasons in the last 3yrs compared to 1 for Clevenger.

I also think because Cole is going to be the one who all the pressure is going to be on and be the leader of the staff, IMO thats going to free Sevy up and take the pressure off him and free Sevy to just worry about performing on his day instead of having to be the ace and stopper he had to be the last couple yrs. I know alot of people are ready to move on from Sevy but i still absolutely think he going to develop into our 2nd ace.

Another concern i have is were giving away a ton of talent that could leave us in a very tricky spot for a while like Dombrowski did for the Soxs. Having a consistent pipeline is a very important thing for teams to stay at the top. This move would take a ton of talent out of the system so i question if it would be a smart move.

I would absolutely insist on a 72 hr window to workout an extension for Lindor, no extension absolutely no deal.

Without knowing if we could find another C that was atleast league average or better and not knowing if Lindor would sign an extension I pass
    clevinger 29 sevy 25..how about give them torres.. we keep sevy lindor replaces torres and the indians would probably do that deal..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    clevinger 29 sevy 25..how about give them torres.. we keep sevy lindor replaces torres and the indians would probably do that deal..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    The ****?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast